Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lady Friend View Post
    DAMMIT, GAY PANDA, DON'T YOU DARE DO THAT AGAIN! My brain has NOT grown back from the last time. ARGH.
    I believe that one should sample a wide variety of literature, Lady Friend. That is why I don't just read science fiction and fantasy, even though that is all I write. One cannot have a rich life experience if one simply keeps attending the same old buffet. So you must read history. Romance. Art critiques. Conspiracy theory diatribes on the Internet. Forums on sneezing fetishes. Your neighbor's mail. I do all of these things. It keeps my horizons broadened, and I believe it strengthens me not only as a writer, but as a human being.

Don't be so hasty to cast off the possibility of wisdom within one pint-sized pop tart named Snooki. I believe that I should, nay, MUST acquire her book so that both of us can be enlightened. I'll pick up a copy tomorrow.
    JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

• Originally posted by PrimalWriter View Post
      Well, this one might not be, but for the future, who knows? And yeah, the toll can shut up about online publishing, because contrary to his opinion, EVERYONE knows that e-publishing is here to stay.

Fantastic journal--entertaining AND inspiring.

I just spent far too much of my afternoon reading it--in lieu of, oh, I don't know, meeting deadlines? Now I must go correct my client's punctuation...
      I'm happy you enjoyed it! I spend far too much of my time nattering in it when I should be correcting punctuation, too.

Comment

• Hey, hey, leave height out of it! Short! = tramp, no matter what jersey shore would lead you to believe. :-)
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Lady Friend View Post
          Gay Panda makes me sound way more interesting and intimidating than I am (seriously).
          I BEG TO DIFFER.

You bellow down bucking horses, tackle sheep who roll on your head and then you tackle them again, took on that old pervert at the airport who was leering at you (and you were thanked afterwards by a woman who said he had also been leering at her and her five-year-old daughter). You smashed your knee to itty-bitty bits and threw yourself after surgery into PT with such gusto that your physical therapist held you up as a model to other patients of the kind of recovery that was possible through hard work. Someone else with that injury might never have walked again, but two-and-a-half years later you are back to tackling sheep.

Yes, you are intimidating. And awesome!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
            I BEG TO DIFFER.

You bellow down bucking horses, tackle sheep who roll on your head and then you tackle them again, took on that old pervert at the airport who was leering at you (and you were thanked afterwards by a woman who said he had also been leering at her and her five-year-old daughter). You smashed your knee to itty-bitty bits and threw yourself after surgery into PT with such gusto that your physical therapist held you up as a model to other patients of the kind of recovery that was possible through hard work. Someone else with that injury might never have walked again, but two-and-a-half years later you are back to tackling sheep.

Yes, you are intimidating. And awesome!
            Yeah- this is the kind of farmer I'm looking for. The badass kind. I can see why you like your knight in shining muck-boots Panda!
            http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• Ok, not to bring the conversation back down again- but I'm really glad that your vet will come over when it's time. I worked at a vet for a while, and putting them down was the hardest.

I was the one that found our dog the morning after she had her stroke. It was an easy decision- her body was still alive, but she was gone. But, you know, cats do some amazing things- so here's hoping that either she'll be a little miracle, or she has an easy passing. In either case, good vibes to her.
              http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• Still hoping for the best for PKC (have 3 cats and 2 dogs so have been there before too...)

So glad you went the ebook route and are getting support from your many fans here

This happened on Saturday at my local WalMart----guess who I immediately thought of.......

I walk in behind a young family--Mom, Dad, and maybe 5 year old daughter. It had been raining and the guys had just used the power pusher thing to get a whole big line of shopping carts into the store...Mom is looking over the carts and having trouble deciding which one to take. I think it is because they are wet from the rain but what does Dad say..."what are you afraid of? Swine Flu?" At which point I LOL, think of poor Gay Panda on go on about my business shopping for paint supplies.

Comment

• A friend of mine once wrote a book that prominently featured the words "Pop Tart" in the title...
                  My primal journal: My journey, goals, recipes, random thoughts on primal and SAD.

It's all about the journey. How we get there is at least as important as where we end up.

Comment

• Primal Coach Kitty passed away peacefully this evening, and I am so grateful to have had such a wonderful, quirky little friend. 1996-2012

Comment

• {{{{hugs}}}}
                      "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
                      "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
                      "Moderation sucks." Suse
                      "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
                      "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• I'm so sorry, Panda. You were lucky to have her for so long - and she was so lucky to have you.
                        I've had a lot of worries in my life, most of which never happened. ― Mark Twain

Writing on the Cave Wall - my Primal Journal

Comment

• RIP Primal Coach Kitty

Hugs (certified swine flu free) for Gay Panda
                          Live. Grow. Flourish.

My Journal/story is at http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread38948.html

Comment

• I'm sorry about your kitty. She was lucky to have a human like you.

Comment

• So sorry about your beloved kitty. Hugs, peace and warm thoughts as you try to get through this tough time.
                              My new blog! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread37215.html Come see me!

Comment

• oh Panda, I am so sorry...she is at peace now! {{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}
                                Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

Working...
                                X