No announcement yet.

Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my heart is breaking for you Panda. I went thru this a year ago in October with my beloved Chocolate Lab "Maggie". She was my constant companion for 15 years. She went everywhere with us...she was my 4 legged child & an angel of a pet. We started noticing little things months before...& then one weekend it was like her body had had enough. She went down so quick. Hubby had to carry her in & out of the house to do her business. The vet said she was in congestive heart failure & he could give her a shot for her arthritis, but I couldn't do that to her & I couldn't stand to see her face staring back at me asking why I am like this. So while we were at the vet we made the decision...it was the hardest thing I've ever had to do but I feel my greatest act of love for her. She died in my arms with my face buried in her neck & I cried & cried. Hell the whole office was crying...I cried for a week...& still have my moments where I grieve for her cause I miss her so much. Hell...I'm crying now...for her & Kitty. You'll know when the time is right & we will all grieve with you!

{{{{{cyber hugs}}}}}
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• Oh, Panda, I'm so sorry to hear about PC Kitty. Whatever decision you come to, remember that she loved you right until the end, and you couldn't have done any more for her.
      I lost 5 pets in the last 2 years, and every time I did I had a month of depression and self hate because I had convinced myself that it was my fault, that I could have done something. Maybe if I had urged the vets for an xray of my lurcher's legs when she started limping slightly after long walks instead of just chalking it down to old age, they would have spotted the bone cancer. If I hadn't have put my baby snake downstairs, my brother wouldn't have gotten to her and left the lid open so she'd escape, never to be found. If I had stayed home after Pippin had a stroke instead of going camping for the night, he might have drawn strength from me being with him and pulled through. If I had taken Pickle to the vets straight away instead of assuming he'd go as quickly as Pippin, the vets could have given him some antibiotics. Luckily I know nothing could have been done for my young rabbit Lilli, as she was dead in my arms 20 seconds after finding her looking ill. I will never forget the scream she made, but I will also remember that she was gone before mum could walk 5 steps to get to the phone.
      My point is, when you have to say goodbye, it's harder to accept when there is no blame, so it's easy to blame yourself. PC Kitty has been loved by you for her entire life. If you make the decision to let her go to the Rainbow Bridge, she'll be happy, free of Benign Poltergeist and frolicking through forests of Bacon Trees, and she will wait patiently for the day you join her.

All the same, I really really reaaally hope she pulls through. I'm in tears thinking about how she must be right now. How you must feel as well, Panda. There's nothing more heartbreaking than watching a furry friend's life quality degrade so dramatically. My heart truly goes out to you. <3
      Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

Comment

• I don't think our animal companions should be treated with any less dignity, respect and compassion than we would treat our closest family members or significant others. When it's their time to go, you and they both know it and the most compassionate choice is oftentimes the one with the least amount of suffering. My dad had to put down our Collie after she was struck by a car and paralyzed. It traumatized us kids at the time but looking back I know that he made the most humane choice. Now that I think of it perhaps some of the trauma was the way he did it, with a pillowcase and a shotgun, but nonetheless that's the way things were done back then in my neck of the woods. He was a good shot though, and got it on the first try.

Comment

• this is a test of my new signature system.
          Got Panda? Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and now Pandaloonery!

Comment

• Yay! It works!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lady Friend View Post
              this is a test of my new signature system.
              NICE. The next time you're feeling bitchy, you can torture me by changing it to Got Swine Flu? Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS

Apparently my own tag line was authored by my Fairy of Debauchery.
              JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

• Awesome!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by phreebie View Post
                  In other news, I saw this today and thought of you

McSweeney&rsquo;s Internet Tendency: The Rejection of Anne Frank.

Publisher Jerks.
                  * snicker *

That reminds me for some reason of Anderson Cooper when he did a dramatic reading of Snooki's magnum opus A Shore Thing. There is some consolation that despite lots of promotion and interviews with TV's heavy hitters, it did not sell all that well. Gay Panda can only hope the bottom of the barrel has at last been scraped.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rolypoly
                    Can we expect a journal from Lady Friend too?

:Lurks in eager anticipation:
                    I wish, but Lady Friend says probably not because she is too busy to keep one. (Lady Friend is a farmer, up at dawn and going all day long with a cell ringing off the hook and tractors breaking and sheep escaping. After work she does tech help for one incompetent panda and some organizations who need website assistance.)

I will pester her to comment more though!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
                      * snicker *

That reminds me for some reason of Anderson Cooper when he did a dramatic reading of Snooki's magnum opus A Shore Thing. There is some consolation that despite lots of promotion and interviews with TV's heavy hitters, it did not sell all that well. Gay Panda can only hope the bottom of the barrel has at last been scraped.
                      well, I know at least one person bought it
                      Regretsy's Crafter School Make Your Own Snooki Mask
                      Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
                      Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
                      "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

Comment

• Originally posted by ottercat View Post
                        well, I know at least one person bought it
                        Regretsy's Crafter School Make Your Own Snooki Mask
                        That was hysterical!

If I ever find a copy for less than a dollar at a library sale, I will buy it solely for the purpose of staging dramatic readings on Lady Friend's cell phone messages. She will yell at me (just like the last time I did it with another book) but it will be worth it.

Comment

• I've done that in the past! To a girlfriend at her work, and she couldn't delete a message until it was finished
                          So I left l o n g passages on her machine

I'd forgotten about that, thanks for the reminder!
                          "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
                          "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
                          "Moderation sucks." Suse
                          "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
                          "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by Rolypoly
                            Can we expect a journal from Lady Friend too?

:Lurks in eager anticipation:
                            Aw, shucks! That's awful nice of you, Rolypoly, but I'm nowhere near as funny as Gay Panda in print. And Gay Panda makes me sound way more interesting and intimidating than I am (seriously). So, I will let my adventures (such as they are) continue to be described here by Gay Panda's expert hand. But I will endeavor to comment as often as I can!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
                              That was hysterical!

If I ever find a copy for less than a dollar at a library sale, I will buy it solely for the purpose of staging dramatic readings on Lady Friend's cell phone messages. She will yell at me (just like the last time I did it with another book) but it will be worth it.
                              DAMMIT, GAY PANDA, DON'T YOU DARE DO THAT AGAIN! My brain has NOT grown back from the last time. ARGH.

Comment

• My book will not be traditionally published.
                                Well, this one might not be, but for the future, who knows? And yeah, the toll can shut up about online publishing, because contrary to his opinion, EVERYONE knows that e-publishing is here to stay.

Fantastic journal--entertaining AND inspiring.

I just spent far too much of my afternoon reading it--in lieu of, oh, I don't know, meeting deadlines? Now I must go correct my client's punctuation...
                                My primal journal: My journey, goals, recipes, random thoughts on primal and SAD.

It's all about the journey. How we get there is at least as important as where we end up.

Comment

Working...
                                X