No announcement yet.

Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My acid reflux/chronic indigestion went away completely after a month or two on a primal diet. Also, my "chronic allergies" went away - it turns out that most of my chronic sinus inflammation was from wheat, not dust mites or mold spores -- no more daily zyrtec for me!!

Funny you mention Claritin - I took it exactly ONCE, and spent about 8 hours with mental confusion that was like alzheimers ... I was convinced that someone had taken my office chair and replaced it with something else, I couldn't write a complete sentence, and I GOT LOST trying to leave the building that I'd worked in for 5 years LOL. I got off the elevators and couldn't find the door to the outside. Luckily I commuted with my husband at the time -if I'd had to drive I'd have never gotten home

And, you aren't weird, you are wonderfully whacky

Comment

• Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
      Dear Fairy of Debauchery,

I have several reasons for not indulging you, but here is the one that makes me happiest: 182.0.

Goodbye, 49 pounds of panda. You will not be missed.
      Congratulations!!! You keep this up you'll look less like Panada and more like the province Panda Edward Island (P.E.I.).
      There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

Comment

• Originally posted by Griffin View Post
        Congratulations!!! You keep this up you'll look less like Panada and more like the province Panda Edward Island (P.E.I.).
        we need pics!!

Comment

Everyone is weird. Some people just hide it really well, and others of us create an entire journal cataloging it.
          Do I see another signature sentence here? Someone MUST use this one. It's great!
          I've had a lot of worries in my life, most of which never happened. ― Mark Twain

Writing on the Cave Wall - my Primal Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Sigi View Post
            You guys have breakfast cereals with little blue and purple marshmallows in them? Sweet Jesus, that is SO WRONG. :::shudder:::
            Don't you have those? We have Lucky Charms which, according to Wikipedia, increased the size of its marshmallow pieces in 2004, its cheaper knock-off Magic Stars; we have Marshmallow Pebbles, Oreo O's With Marshmallow Bits, Rice Krispie Treats Cereal (in which the rice krispie chunks have a marshmallow coating), Cinnamon Marshmallow Scooby-Doo Cereal, Marshmallow Alpha-Bits Cereal, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. Most of them are labeled a good source of vitamins, and some are promoted as heart-smart!
            JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

• Originally posted by HeatherJ View Post
              I totally used to eat my lucky charms in the exact same manner. I ate most foods in that same err, particular (ahem) way... french fries were lined up according to height and eaten from shortest to tallest. Anything round had to have bites taken neatly around the perimeter before delving into the center. Pizza was the worst; toppings were eaten first, then cheese, then the base. Anything coloured was arranged and eaten in worse-to-best colour pattern.

I'm so happy we can share in our obsessive behaviours!
              Yay, you're obsessive, too!!! The way I ate drove the Panda Parents crazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Debdoub View Post
                Hey thanks Panda, now all I want is a vat of potatoes covered in cream gravy!
                I figure if I'm being tortured, why shouldn't we all be tortured?

Comment

• Originally posted by Griffin View Post
                  And that would be FAR, FAR PREFERABLE.

Comment

• Please send healing energy to Primal Coach Kitty! We are in the emergency clinic as she has forgotten how to walk with her back legs.

Comment

• poor kitty.. healing energy sent, as well as medicinal cat nips :/
                      beautiful
                      yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                      lol

Comment

• D= Not PC Kitty!!!! Oh no, Panda, I hope she's ok and remembers quick!!
                        *Attempts to send kitty toys and fluffy things over via throwing as no money for posting*
                        *watches said toys and fluffy things land a few metres away*

Dammit. Sending mental toys and fluffy things for PC Kitty!!
                        Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

Comment

• Panda, I haven't been around much, fell off of the bandwagon majorly! Buuuuut, back at it now. Just got caught up on some of your journal.... I missed a lot while I was bingeing away! Including the big reveal of lady friend, which I skipped ahead several pages to find! I couldn't help myself!!!! I forgot how much your journal makes me smile and laugh!

I hope that Primal Coach Kitty is feeling okay. Warm thoughts and good vibes to you guys. Hopefully she will be back to chasing the benign poltergeist around and howling war cries soon!
                          My new blog! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread37215.html Come see me!

Comment

• Benign Poltergeist apparently told a yo-mama joke so odious that it may have given Primal Coach Kitty a stroke.

She's at the vet getting subcutaneous fluids and having blood drawn and last night was full of scary things like 'renal failure' and 'sudden-onset blindness' and 'hemorrhage' as possibilities and none of these words I want to associate with my goofy old kitty. 2012 FAIL.

I need chocolate.
                            Last edited by Gay Panda; 01-13-2012, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Ugh, I'm sorry that you're being visited by Mistress GERD! She ruined many nights of sleep for me. And occasionally she still tries when I've had more tomatoes than she thinks a panda can handle.

I hated Allegra! I was taking Claritin for allergies years ago (back when you could only get it by prescription). It helped nicely, but then my insurance stopped covering it and my doctor switched me to Allegra. I took one the next day and was driving home from school when I was overcome with such vertigo that I could hardly tell which way was up. I yanked over to the curb and hit the brakes, unable to find the emergency blinkers. It took a long time to pass. After that, I just lived with my allergies.

Everyone is weird. Some people just hide it really well, and others of us create an entire journal cataloging it.
                              By weird I think I meant neurotic.

And wow, that is crazy that you had vertigo.. I'm just going to live with my allergies too. See, the thing about GERD is that I don't really have it that bad.. I just have heartburn and I think the doctor is misdiagnosing my chest pain... he says its from acid reflux, but I think its from smoking. It's hard to tell though because they run such a close line to each other.. smoking can make acid reflux worse, but can also damage the lungs etc. Anyway, I'm making a concerted effort to stop smoking and to cut way back on drinking... helps that famotidine (my prescription, pretty much just strong pepcid ac) supposedly doesn't mix well with alcohol or nicotine. Honestly though, the medicine isn't really helping. If I eat something that normally induces heartburn or a little bit chest pain, I still get the feeling, regardless of if I am taking the medication or not. Also my sinuses and nose have been tight since I started taking it (maybe the allegra? but I feel like that would only last a day) and my throat is still a little tight. If I don't feel much change I think I'm going to call my doctor and tell him that it's not really working and that I'd rather just revise my diet.

Comment

• Oh panda! I know how horrible it is when they go downhill so suddenly - my heart goes out to you and here's wishing she makes a speedy recovery!
                                Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

Comment

Working...
                                X