Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sigi View Post
    SQUEEEE!!! :::little happy chair-dance for Panda:::

Well done, you! Hope that gets you re-motivated, and helps fight off the candy-aisle nightmares.
    And of course today I bounced back up. Damn you, body!!! ::: shakes fist :::

Worst. Dream. EVER.
    JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

• Originally posted by anjelevil View Post
      Nice one,wish I could have it fall off like that.A new low to boot!Go Panda!
      I was totally surprised at how fast it fell off! It's never happened that quickly before.

Now if I could only kill these infernal cravings . . . they persist despite everything!

Comment

• Originally posted by PixieKitten View Post
        Way to go Panda! Woo Hoo! =D
        I want to print your picture of this journal, frame it, and hang it on my wall! I LOVE THAT PICTURE!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by gay panda View Post
          l'eggs and i would like to extend the olive branch, lady friend. Actually, l'eggs is extending eight of them and i will make you a pork chop. Let's go to whole foods together, all three of us. You can push the cart and i will let l'eggs sit on my shoulder, because no one with a tarantula on his or her shoulder ever has to wait in line at the cash register. You hate waiting in line and l'eggs will end that misery for you. Also, i will outfit l'eggs in an array of cunning hats. No one can resist a tarantula in a beret! And just wait until you see the jester's cap! It comes with eight matching booties with jingles. How about i dress l'eggs in that and then the jingles will warn you when our little friend is creeping too close?

Lady friend and gay panda and little l'eggs . . . Our family will be unconventional but bound with ties stronger than the silk that unravels from our spider's feet. How can you say no?
          swine flu.
          Got Panda? Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and now Pandaloonery!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lady Friend View Post
            swine flu.
            You are a fiend and a scoundrel, Lady Friend. L'eggs tips his hat to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
              I donít honestly think that my college was plotting to make its student body into vegetarians
              Gay Panda speaks truth as I can say with all honesty that the meat in our college made me a devout vegetarian for 20 years. Curse you, crappy college cafeteria food supplier! :::shakes fist at Marriott Food Service:::
              Got Panda? Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and now Pandaloonery!

Comment

• Awww, thank you Panda ^_^ I love that you love it!! =D
                Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

Comment

• You guys have breakfast cereals with little blue and purple marshmallows in them? Sweet Jesus, that is SO WRONG. :::shudder:::
                  I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Comment

• I totally used to eat my lucky charms in the exact same manner. I ate most foods in that same err, particular (ahem) way... french fries were lined up according to height and eaten from shortest to tallest. Anything round had to have bites taken neatly around the perimeter before delving into the center. Pizza was the worst; toppings were eaten first, then cheese, then the base. Anything coloured was arranged and eaten in worse-to-best colour pattern.

I'm so happy we can share in our obsessive behaviours!

Comment

• Gay Panda likes graveyards.

There is no particular reason why. I walk through the untended grass and plastic flowers bled dry of color from too much sunlight, read the name of some long-dead man etched into stone and wonder what stories he could have told, and what stories other people would have told about him. I look at the birth and death date and have a rough idea of the history that was his present, and I wonder what his personal views were on the wars of his time, or what he liked to eat best, if he was happy to be in the thick of action or more like me, wanting to get away from it to watch from a safe distance.

So many stories perish with each person, and the epitaph tells so very little. Neither BELOVED WIFE nor UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN tells me what I want to know. Who were you? But there are limits to the words you can squash onto a headstone, and so we canít know. Theyíre gone, their stories are gone, and so I can only surmise from BELOVED WIFE that once there was a husband who loved her. But what was BELOVED WIFEís favorite color? Did she love her husband back? Or, had he died first, would she have been tempted to engrave on his headstone THANK GOD YOUíRE GONE before selecting the more socially acceptable BELOVED HUSBAND?

Gay Panda knows exactly what will be on the panda headstone one day, and it will tell future wanderers through the graveyard all they ever need to know about me.

GAY PANDA
                      BIRTHDATE Ė DEATH DATE
                      I WANT POTATOES

I think that says just about everything. It has been ten days, which equals thirty meals, and of the thirty there were twenty-nine YAY meals and one OOPS meal. And still I am consumed with cravings that I do not indulge but cannot escape. It does not matter how high I ratchet my fat or that I eliminate other substances that exacerbate the problem: my body wants a heaping bowl of fluffy white potatoes with gravy slathered on top. Yesterday I looked at my steak and salad and thought yuck, because what my body is drooling after is potatoes. It is so very annoying, because it is not going to get them, and we both know this. But itís still trying.

If I could control myself, I might feel differently. But it is just one of those foods that I struggle to eat in moderation, and they stop me cold in weight loss for days. And Gay Panda still has a doughy belly and the remnants of a second chin, and can grab hunks of blubber and manipulate them about the hips. So my body is not going to get potatoes, and in revenge, it is pestering me with wanting them. We are at a standstill.

Perhaps a compromise is in order, and I should schedule a one-day Potato Binge in a month or so. Have your damn potatoes, body. All you can eat on Valentineís Day as my love note to you. Will this make the problem better or worse? I donít care. Cravings, you win. But you have to wait until Valentineís Day, and then if you still want a gigantic pile of fluffy mashed potatoes covered in gravy from Whole Foods, I will buy them for you. I will fill the bathtub and you can roll in them.

33 days to go!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
                        robotunicr0n, I was ANYTHING but a model of self-control and primal reliability ten days ago when I downed seven tequila shots and two past-their-date-of-freshness ice cream Drumsticks. It happens.

My carb flu has fallen madly in love with me and wants to stick around. At least it's on the waning side, but sheesh!
                        Wow, I was so drunk I didn't even remember posting that. I mean, I vaguely recall thinking about the words to put in a post, but I forgot I actually did it...

Anyway, I went to the doctor for the first time ever and got put on some GERD medication and suggested that I buy allegra. I took both yesterday morning and my throat constricted! NO FUN! I think instead I'll beat the slowly developing GERD by fixing my diet. My added motivation now is that I HAVE to eat Primal for medical reasons. I don't really believe in doctors though.

Also, I can't drink alcohol on this medication. I can't smoke either which is good, but I think I've given up the puff puff. It's too much effort to step out into the cold for a smoke and it's too smelly and against the rules of my complex to smoke inside. I know from experience <.<

I babble on. Thanks for posting these. You make me feel less weird because you are suitably weird.

Comment

• Dear Fairy of Debauchery,

I have several reasons for not indulging you, but here is the one that makes me happiest: 182.0.

Goodbye, 49 pounds of panda. You will not be missed.

Comment

• Congrats Panda!

BTW... roll in dem potatoes miss(tah)!

Comment

• Originally posted by robotunicr0n View Post
                              Anyway, I went to the doctor for the first time ever and got put on some GERD medication and suggested that I buy allegra. I took both yesterday morning and my throat constricted! NO FUN! I think instead I'll beat the slowly developing GERD by fixing my diet. My added motivation now is that I HAVE to eat Primal for medical reasons. I don't really believe in doctors though.

I babble on. Thanks for posting these. You make me feel less weird because you are suitably weird.
                              Ugh, I'm sorry that you're being visited by Mistress GERD! She ruined many nights of sleep for me. And occasionally she still tries when I've had more tomatoes than she thinks a panda can handle.

I hated Allegra! I was taking Claritin for allergies years ago (back when you could only get it by prescription). It helped nicely, but then my insurance stopped covering it and my doctor switched me to Allegra. I took one the next day and was driving home from school when I was overcome with such vertigo that I could hardly tell which way was up. I yanked over to the curb and hit the brakes, unable to find the emergency blinkers. It took a long time to pass. After that, I just lived with my allergies.

Everyone is weird. Some people just hide it really well, and others of us create an entire journal cataloging it.

Comment

• Hey thanks Panda, now all I want is a vat of potatoes covered in cream gravy! And the stomach capacity to eat all of them.

Since it is the gravy that puts them over the top for me and I'm a gravy snob - it must be cream gravy made from scratch - I'm not tempted very often.

Think of germs once you've rolled around in them. That should stop the cravings!

Comment

Working...
                                X