Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AutumnTiger View Post
    **waves hello**

Thought I would un-lurk/de-lurk (?) to say "hi" and that I can't believe I have been on these boards more than twelve months and had not found your journal before now!

Being based in the UK means that I am, sadly, not eligible to vote for your books; I did, however, enjoy the excerpts very much. I already knew from your journal entries that you are a talented writer, but now I can add gifted story-teller
    Hi, AutumnTiger!!! I'm so glad you enjoyed the excerpts - writing Olyvyr Gravine gave me the creeps.

You probably didn't find my journal until now because I have been quite dismal at keeping it updated this year. I'm also on a blood sugar medication that makes it hard at times to eat primal (which is very annoying indeed).

I'm glad you de-lurked/un-lurked, whichever it is!!!
    JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Walrus View Post
      I am sitting here wondering what part of the fish cheese is made from
      * runs screaming out of journal again *

Comment

• I once worked with a man whose sole* piece of management advice to me was: 'the fish stinks from the head down'.

ohhh. Do you think you could make fish head cheese?

*Seems apt.
        I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Since were on the topic of fermented fish. My fermented cod liver oil just showed up!

This is gonna get really interesting chasing myself around a room the size of closet with a spoon of FCLO while in a sling...

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Actually, I did google it, not very hard grant you, and I didn't discover the secret of fish cheese. Perhaps it is meant to be so.

AT, check out the zombie series. 1) It's probably not what you think and 2) it's terrific.
            My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Actually, I did google it, not very hard grant you, and I didn't discover the secret of fish cheese. Perhaps it is meant to be so.

AT, check out the zombie series. 1) It's probably not what you think and 2) it's terrific.
              Just because of this I did as well. Kept getting something called hongeo which is not it and smells far worse. It's only famous because some tv host ate it. I guess it will continue to be a mystery.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

I did read both and am definitely intrigued and will be following up

It is good to expand my horizons especially when I do have favourite series'.

Comment

• PART ONE: Several pages back in this journal, I wrote about seeing an actual Fairy of Debauchery at a lovely restaurant near my home. She was blonde and blowsy and blustering, her voice ringing out over the bar with an interesting transitive property that since all British men are polite, and polite men are gay, that it stands to reason that all British men are gay.

Yesterday, I went back to that restaurant with Lady Friend. And I believe I encountered her husband.

Lady Friend and I were enjoying our salads and steaks, alternately talking and not talking as people who have known each other since their teenaged years will do. She was thinking about work stuff and I was thinking about demons, and occasionally we shared our latest revelations about wine dinners and sales, dragons and summoning dark spirits, as we are wont to do.

Gay Panda is not summoning dark spirits. Gay Panda is only researching for a book.

A pair of men took the table behind Lady Friend. One was somewhere in his late thirties or early forties, mostly bald and wearing a fussy green sweater. He was two generations too young for that sweater, which belonged on a little old man sitting on a bench at the park, one hand on his cane and the other rummaging about a plastic baggie full of bread crumbs to feed the birds.

I did not get a good look at the second man, but he doesn’t matter to the story. He was just the sounding board for the Fairy of Debauchery’s Husband, who sat down and promptly began to talk in a rapid-fire ALL CAPS. The restaurant was not busy; the music was low. There was no reason to speak up in order to be heard by someone only two feet away, but he was blasting his most tedious conversation over half of the main floor.

“SO THAT’S WHAT IS INVOLVED IN DEVELOPING APPS!!! YOU HAVE TO THINK ABOUT WHO IS DOING THE DESIGNING!!! YOU HAVE TO THINK ABOUT WHO IS THE TARGET AUDIENCE!!! YOU HAVE TO THINK ABOUT THE BOTTOM LINE AND---”

Lady Friend and I exchanged a look as he kept going. Again, we have known each other since we were fresh-faced* teenagers, and we no longer have to say certain things. App Man was being annoying. He went on and on at top volume, his companion only giving muted grunts in response, and I thought about bellowing at Lady Friend, “THE REALLY INTERESTING THING ABOUT DRAGON ANATOMY IS THE WING CLAW!!!” just so she could bellow back, “WHY IS IT SO HARD TO FIND A GOOD WINE DISTRIBUTOR IN CALIFORNIA???”

Comment

• PART TWO: But we didn’t do this, because we are adults. And no one else in the restaurant wants to hear us yell about wing claws and wine distributors, just like I don’t want to hear them yell about where they went for Susie’s birthday and who won the game. App Man seemed to have no idea how unbearably loud he was being, and that it was interrupting the quiet conversations at the tables around him.

And then he stopped talking about apps, and it went from bad to worse.

“---AND THEN I GOT A TICK!!! YEAH, A BIG OLD TICK BURROWED RIGHT HERE INTO MY CHEST AND WENT IN LIKE FOUR FEET DEEP!!! FRIEDA AND I WERE UP UNTIL MIDNIGHT TRYING TO DIG IT OUT AND IT WAS SO NASTY!!! I WAS ALL TORN UP FROM GETTING IT OUT OF THERE AND---”

Lady Friend’s hand clapped over her mouth so she wouldn’t laugh out loud, and I stared behind her in horror to the wildly enthusiastic diner. His companion just grunted as App Tick Man described the process of removal in lusty detail. It was disgusting, and only stopped when he returned to app development and trust fund blondes and someone named Steve who has a vision.

As Lady Friend and I packed up to go, the man bellowed, “I HAVE TO PEE!!!” He leaped from his seat and went to the kitchen, where he yelled, “WHERE IS THE BATHROOM???” to the startled employees. They pointed him the right way and he charged through the restaurant as Lady Friend and I pushed in our chairs.

He was in and out of the men’s room in scant seconds – vanishing around the corner to it as Lady Friend and I started through the tables, and reappearing just as we made it to the hostess’s podium. It wasn’t enough time to pee, let alone wash his hands, and then he charged past us to return to his table. I wanted to bellow after him, “WE’RE SO GLAD YOU GOT THE TICK OUT!!!” But again, I refrained. Lady Friend says that I should not have refrained, because if I had bellowed that across the restaurant, she would have taken me out for another meal.

Comment

• UPDATE: (in explanation of *)

* Or in Gay Panda’s case, covered in zits and glasses and braces, and a hair part that never parted in just the right way to attract an admirer.

Comment

• Dear Book Thief,

You have read-and-returned your way through the entire six-volume Zombies series. Now you have read-and-returned your way through the entire Sigils trilogy. I made Runefool free today so you can at least get one of the five in that series legitimately.

< cue dramatic sigh >
                        Panda

Comment

• *slopes off to download the free book*

Comment

• !!!Enjoy!!! That series was my favorite to write. I wish I were writing it right now and not The Least Favorite Series Ever.

I'm done editing for the day and have to decide . . . walk on the treadmill or The Hobbit Lego game on the PS4? Exercise my legs or exercise my thumbs? Which is truly more important in the long run?

I'm leaning to thumbs.

Comment

• Hey, thanks for Runefool! But I am finishing Zombies first.

Hope you went with thumbs.
                              My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Your scaly ass is mine, Smaug.*

* Not in a perverted way.

Comment

Working...
                                X