No announcement yet.

Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh! And this infuriating exchange (what was it about the Rune series? It had the worst luck):

Gay Panda: I am submitting a sample of my young adult series for your consideration.
    Well-Known Agent: Wow! I enjoyed it! Send the rest. But it reads more like a young adult series than adult.
    Gay Panda: Here is the rest. It IS a young adult series.
    Well-Known Agent: I'm liking it, but this has much more of a young adult feel than adult.
    Gay Panda: It is young adult.
    Well-Known Agent: I'm going to have to reject it.

This email conversation you read in five seconds actually happened over a period of two years.
    JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

• You know, I hadn't thought of that, but I do think that at some point in the future Nazi outfits will be reasonably acceptable. Give it a century or two.

One of my friends put a headless scarecrow on her lawn as a Halloween decoration and was roundly criticized all about the neighborhood. (It's a really, really small town.) Many felt she was being insensitive to recent events. She made a sign identifying the scarecrow as Cap'n So-N-So who was beheaded by Native Americans a couple-three centuries ago and the criticism vanished. Somehow it's okay now. I can't quite figure this out.
      My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• A headless scarecrow would raise no eyebrows in the Magical Bamboo Forest. Really, really small towns frighten me for reasons like this. I am glad to have always lived in a giant sea of anonymity.

I was just reading a few articles* about parents complaining that their neighbors' Halloween decorations are scaring their children. And I'm curious - is there a gore point that really is unacceptable even at Halloween? Or do they just need to suck it up and reiterate to their kids that it isn't real? I'm neither a parent nor someone who decorates for Halloween, so I have no dog in the fight.

I remember being at a parade long ago where a bunch of people had dressed up in bloody lab coats and were running around with chainsaws dripping gore - it scared the hell out of me as a seven-year-old. But the Perpetually Arguing Panda Parents didn't complain to the parade organizers that Little Panda had gotten nightmares over it.

* Instead of editing The Hatefully Stupid Book, which is what I should be doing.

Comment

• {{{{{Trying to imagine a universe in which my parents would have complained to some authority that their darling children were frightened by Halloween decorations. No, it could not exist.}}}}}

Comment

• Perhaps it's just another symptom of the speshul czneuflake-ization* that childhood has become.

* Truthfully, most of the kids I taught were not special snowflakes. It's just a very noisy minority of families that raise Sun King Sons and Princess Diva Daughters. Lady Friend inadvertently hired The Most Special Snowflake Of All not that long ago.**

** The Most Special Snowflake Of All has been let go.

Comment

• Be very quiet, children. Turn off your lights and pretend to not be home. Poo Hurler is hooting and screaming maniacally in the street at the moment.

I hate this neighborhood.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
                Be very quiet, children. Turn off your lights and pretend to not be home. Poo Hurler is hooting and screaming maniacally in the street at the moment.

I hate this neighborhood.
                It's the truth. I'm two (?) times zones away and was awoken by what sounded to be a bag of demons being sent back to hell last night.

I hate these barracks (please don't move me into shittier ones. They're really lovely and I'm thankful for a roof over my head even if it leaks, oh gracious first sergeant.)

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
                  It's the truth. I'm two (?) times zones away and was awoken by what sounded to be a bag of demons being sent back to hell last night.
                  Ah, so that is where Poo Hurler went! Korea!

I wish I could just pick up my darling little house and move it far, far away from crazy neighbors and barking dogs and the Religious Floggers who turn up regularly on my porch with somber stares and pamphlets about my soul.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
                    Ah, so that is where Poo Hurler went! Korea!

I wish I could just pick up my darling little house and move it far, far away from crazy neighbors and barking dogs and the Religious Floggers who turn up regularly on my porch with somber stares and pamphlets about my soul.
                    They have those in Korea too.

Which is why I'm glad to be back in Murica.

Sort of.

For now.

Well that and cheese.

Comment

• I am a sucker for Mt. Tam cheese. NOM NOM NOM. But not its stinky Red Hawk brethren, which I purchased once by mistake and then wondered why my kitchen reeked of sweaty feet.*

Today I'm doing research and world-building for a demonic fantasy trilogy and I'm shooting major side-eye at someone who posted a (serious) question online: 'WHY CAN'T I SUMMON DEMONS AND EVIL SPIRITS ON MY OUIJA BOARD???'

< face/palm >

* Should someone reading this rather enjoy the smell of sweaty feet, have I got a cheese recommendation for you!!!

Comment

• You haven't lived until you've had cheese made from fish, as I am wont to call this fermented fish thing I tried at a medicinal restaurant in Korea. Literally had the texture and flavor of a good salty cheddar if you'd dropped it in the oil from a sardine tin. The only other thing I can say is I would have it again and sometimes crave it.

Comment

• Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
                          You haven't lived until you've had cheese made from fish
                          * runs screaming out of journal *

Comment

• **waves hello**

Thought I would un-lurk/de-lurk (?) to say "hi" and that I can't believe I have been on these boards more than twelve months and had not found your journal before now!

Being based in the UK means that I am, sadly, not eligible to vote for your books; I did, however, enjoy the excerpts very much. I already knew from your journal entries that you are a talented writer, but now I can add gifted story-teller

Long live Pandatainment

Comment

• I know I could just Google it, but I am sitting here wondering what part of the fish cheese is made from. Possibly I don't really want to know.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Walrus View Post
                                I know I could just Google it, but I am sitting here wondering what part of the fish cheese is made from. Possibly I don't really want to know.
                                I have no idea but it literally came out in a wedge, so I'm assuming it is just a hunk of fish flesh, salted, dried, and fermented. I know it sounds gross but seriously if you ever get the chance don't pass it up. Even if just to say you did it and squeem other people out.

Comment

Working...
                                X