No announcement yet.

Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last edited by The Walrus; 10-27-2014, 11:51 AM.
    My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Comment

• Thank you!!! I needed those pictures after what I read today about a family member defending the child molester.
        JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

• "the past is irrelevant"

ick

beautiful
          yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
          lol

Comment

• was thinking about you guys (aka ya'll) so I thought i'd drive in, say hi, and then head out again.

so. hi.

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
              "the past is irrelevant"

ick

I love that kitten's face. Why did you DO that? How COULD you?

And yes, ick about 'the past is irrelevant'. Double ick about the statement that before you judge his past, you should judge your own. Okay, I'll play that game. <<<reviews last few decades of life>>> Nope, never did what he did. He's one of those people who deserves a one-way ticket on the first rocket to the sun.

Comment

• Originally posted by zoebird View Post
                was thinking about you guys (aka ya'll) so I thought i'd drive in, say hi, and then head out again.

so. hi.
                ZOEBIRD!!!!!!!!!!!! How are you doing????

Comment

• OTTER!!!

I am doing my best at making a timely announcement for once. I've enrolled two titles in the Kindle Scout program (in which people can read the first 5K of books and vote on ones they would like to be published by Amazon).

The first title is Bait, the last zombie novel I plan on doing for quite some time since zombies are too gross for Gay Panda's delicate sensibilities, and the second title is The Tracker, a romance full of very stupid dragons. If they don't get enough votes, I'll be releasing them on my own the first week of December along with Heaven/Hell.

I leave you with irrefutable video proof of the supernatural for Halloween:

Comment

• that was terrifying, i'm going to have to leave some lights on tonight O.O

also i clicked and nominated
                    beautiful
                    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                    lol

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                      that was terrifying, i'm going to have to leave some lights on tonight O.O

also i clicked and nominated
                      THANK YOU!!!

I'm going to sleep cuddled up with my teddy bear after watching that scary video. I loved the comments beneath it.

Comment

• The Honey Boo Boo Scandal just gets worse and worse, and then while I was reading a comment thread after an article about it, someone mentioned that a very famous sci-fi/fantasy author and magazine editor who I read as a Teenaged Panda Cub was a child molester. UGH. I had absolutely no idea. I have old rejection letters from this woman in my file cabinet right this very second, and her books on my shelves. The local library will be getting a donation soon if I don't just throw them out.

The world is fired.

Comment

• Pretty shocked about Famous SF/Fantasy Author! Eeeeeek. Those of us of, ahem, a certain age read a lot of her work and perhaps idealized her to some extent. Hate this.

I've just downloaded Zombies Volume Four. What is going to happen...don't tell me...I have to know...don't tell me....

Comment

• I won't tell you what happens, but I had to take a break from that series for my mental health during the writing of Volume IV. One character's story arc just slaughtered me. The Runes and Sigils series had such joy in them, but finding the joy in the apocalypse was a task beyond this writer.

As to That Dastardly Author, I don't even know what to say. I used to haunt used book stores in my hungry college days to pick up battered copies of the Sword and Sorceress series, I received her books as birthday gifts, and I submitted my very first fantasy stories to her. (She wrote back that I should write horror instead.) I'm shocked and sickened, and I'm so sorry that her daughter's cries for help were ignored. I also feel terrible about how she didn't want to say anything because it would damage her mother's legacy.

There was a debate on some thread about separating the art from the artist, but I just can't. I can't watch Woody Allen films either. So I'm going to offload those books. I won't ever be able to pick them up for a reread without remembering.

Comment

• I think some distance has to pass before one can separate the art from the artist. With the Dastardly Author, is it just too recent to be anything but appalled. But with someone like Richard Wagner, I can separate the musical genius from the monster of a human being. Not only is he dead and gone but anyone who knew him is dead and gone. I have a Jewish friend who loves Wagner's work and she says listening to it and enjoying it is her way of saying "F@ck you, Dickhead!" But if he were still around it would be very different.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Walrus View Post
                                I think some distance has to pass before one can separate the art from the artist. With the Dastardly Author, is it just too recent to be anything but appalled.
                                Lady Friend and I were having an interesting conversation the other day about people who dress up in Nazi costumes for Halloween. (I think Prince Harry dressed up as a Nazi for a party and there was a huge outcry.) Lady Friend's grandparents were Holocaust survivors, and the effects of it continue to ring down in their family generations later. To see someone making light of that suffering in a Halloween costume is deeply upsetting. The Holocaust is still very present in family histories/identities. It's too soon. But in two hundred years, with much more distance from it, will there be the same massive outrage about a Nazi costume?

Maybe later generations will feel the same way about those books - that she was a horrible person yet it was long in the past. She's gone; her victims are gone. But I can only speak from the southern border of Gen X. She was a titan when I was a little panda. She commanded entire shelves in the bookstores with her tomes. I dreamed of her reading one of my stories and enjoying it. And now I'm glad she didn't. Never thought I'd be happy about some of my rejection letters.*

* In the lower drawer of my file cabinet is an enormous manila folder labeled File o' Rejection. It is the most soul-crushing thing, and includes such unhelpful advice as: 'You might want to rethink your choice of the name Bella in your Rune series because there is a character named Bella in the Twilight books and readers will be confused.'

Comment

Working...
                                X