Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ottercat View Post
    P.S. this is for Lady Friend, so she can start her weekend with a Gah! I think the bullet hole in the forehead really makes it Valentine's -y
    [ATTACH]15537[/ATTACH]
    Ummmm, thanks. I think.

(What is that I don't even)
    Got Panda? Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and now Pandaloonery!

Comment

• What is that flying gray doughnut above the lamb's hoof?!?!?

And Lady Friend, why do YOUR sheep never put on dresses and dance when I'm there?
      JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

• Originally posted by ottercat View Post
        Hey, you know what I remembered a couple of weeks ago re: insomnia. Phosphatidylserine! I think I read about it in the Mood Cure. I take one cap before bed and if (WHEN) I am awakened (small hungry child, large snoring spouse), I can get back to sleep again. For some reason, the occasional probiotic taken at bedtime helps me as well. I read that they use probiotics to keep cortisol low in farmed fish, but I can't find any human research.
        Noted. I will look at Whole Foods for that. Thank you!

I swallowed a magnesium pill last night and slept fairly well. I woke up once at 2 and said DON'T YOU DARE to my brain, and then I thankfully fell back asleep.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
          HELP PANDA PROCRASTINATE.

I'm up for Gothic horror or literary or thrillers or military fiction or paranormal romance or YA or pretty much anything. Except zombies. No zombies.

If you do not recommend something, I will have to get back to work. Please don't do that to me.
          Three series:
          Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. Currently in production for a series starting this summer)
          Temeraire by Naomi Novik
          Otherworld by Kelley Armstrong. Currently a tv series called "Bitten" (the name of the 1st book in the series)
          "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
          "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
          "Moderation sucks." Suse
          "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
          "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Did anyone else get a squicky feeling at Jason Biggs' wife bragging about the size of their newborn son's penis on Twitter? UGH.
            Last edited by Gay Panda; 02-19-2014, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Did anyone else get a squicky feeling at Jason Biggs' wife bragging about the size of their newborn son's penis on Twitter? UGH.
              I don't tweet or read tweets, but that is icky. Men love their penises (peni?). They touch them. C'est la vie.
              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• It’s good for you.

There are no words in the English language that are more dull, dangerous, and foolish all at once. We have all been victimized by their tyranny from childhood, usually in the context of some variation of greenish glop on a plate that one is being ordered to consume. Vegetables are an example of something that is supposed to be good for you.

But I beg to differ. I’ve yet in my life to see an instance of vegetables being good. Somewhere in the world today, a four-year-old boy will forget to check for cars and run into a road in hot pursuit of a rogue soccer ball. It will not be a six-foot-tall Olympic gold carrot in track pants that sprints to the rescue, green hair bobbing all over its head as it screeches NOOOOOOOO and pulls the heedless youth to safety. It will be a mother or father, an older sibling or teacher.*

I find it hard to envision that a woman would decide to go skydiving today, and when summoned by the professional for the parachute check just before the jump, put her hand on his chest reassuringly and say, “Don’t worry about it. I eat vegetables!” before flinging herself out into thin air in the confidence that the peas she ate last night will inflate in her intestines and make her float down as gently as Mary Poppins.

But I digress. When I think about things that are good for me, the list usually looks something like this:

A) Cadbury eggs
                B) Never having to interact face-to-face with people
                C) Listening to Evanescence and having Gothic thoughts about life
                D) Mexican food
                E) Writing lots of books

Lady Friend has a very different list for me. It looks like this:

A) Going to the dentist twice a year
                B) Interacting face-to-face with people
                C) Cheerful hippie music by yodeling Wiccan women
                D) Eating on a regular schedule
                E) Pilates

It is E that brought me to this post. Lady Friend said it’s good for you, and signed me up for Pilates class. I feel about Pilates the way I feel about vegetables, which is more or less how I feel about small talk, affirmations, and screaming children in fancy restaurants. But she would not take no for an answer, and she has me at her mercy. She has the Magical Power of Tech and wields it only at her humor, so if I want any more books to be published or Internet access, I have to keep her happy.

So I went to Pilates, with much grumbling. Because it was supposed to be good for me. I suppose that someone might find something good in Pilates. It’s a better activity than holding up stagecoaches or having to go to a dinner party and ask people what they do for a living, so I suppose in that sense Pilates has some redeeming qualities after all. However, they are few and far between. The teacher made me fill out twenty minutes' worth of paperwork and then led me to a machine called The Reformer, which is a medieval torture device that has been refurbished with cushions.

Thank you, I guess.

I bit back the response that I did not want to get on The Reformer because I am perfectly content with my vices. Thus ensued a further twenty minutes of performing circus-like contortions on bars and rolling carts and wires accompanied by the teacher's soundtrack of how wonderfully I was doing. If I were truly doing that wonderfully, she would have let me leave. But she did not, so it began to feel like one of those pointless affirmations when one of limited means looks in a mirror and says I AM RICH fifteen times daily in the hopes that the sky will hail dollar bills.

Lady Friend is going to read this and send a rude text that it was just meant to be encouraging, but Benign Poltergeist hid my cell phone so her vitriol will go unnoticed. Then she will say that Pilates is good for me, so very good for me indeed, and I will miss this text as well. What I won’t miss is her manhandling me into the Pandamobile next week and forcing me to go back. You suck, Lady Friend.

I will do it for my art.

Comment

• UPDATE: (in explanation of *)

* If I am presented with video evidence of a carrot saving anyone, I will take that back.

Comment

• the most important question to be answered is, i think, do you feel like a graceful dancer yet?
                    beautiful
                    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                    lol

Comment

• I must admit yoga makes me happy about life, but I never have seen the appeal for Pilates.

And yodeling hippy wiccans? Really Lady Friend? Pics (preferably video) or it didn't happen.

Comment

• My mother-in-law has a pilates machine still in its box on the veranda because it will not fit in the house with the neap tide of effluent currently in situ. (Yes, I realise this is not a literate description, but it is accurate.) I am anti-pilates on principle.
                        I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• What we *really* want to know is how your abs feel tomorrow. Or the day after. Lady Friend may have to put up with a bucketload of whining - that'll learn her.

You know, I can never catch sight of a Cadbury Creme Egg without thinking of you, dear Panda. That is with me FOR LIFE.
                          I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Comment

Itís good for you.

There are no words in the English language that are more dull, dangerous, and foolish all at once. We have all been victimized by their tyranny from childhood, usually in the context of some variation of greenish glop on a plate that one is being ordered to consume. Vegetables are an example of something that is supposed to be good for you.

But I beg to differ. Iíve yet in my life to see an instance of vegetables being good. Somewhere in the world today, a four-year-old boy will forget to check for cars and run into a road in hot pursuit of a rogue soccer ball. It will not be a six-foot-tall Olympic gold carrot in track pants that sprints to the rescue, green hair bobbing all over its head as it screeches NOOOOOOOO and pulls the heedless youth to safety. It will be a mother or father, an older sibling or teacher.*

I find it hard to envision that a woman would decide to go skydiving today, and when summoned by the professional for the parachute check just before the jump, put her hand on his chest reassuringly and say, ďDonít worry about it. I eat vegetables!Ē before flinging herself out into thin air in the confidence that the peas she ate last night will inflate in her intestines and make her float down as gently as Mary Poppins.

But I digress. When I think about things that are good for me, the list usually looks something like this:

A)Cadbury eggs
                            B)Never having to interact face-to-face with people
                            C)Listening to Evanescence and having Gothic thoughts about life
                            D)Mexican food
                            E)Writing lots of books

Lady Friend has a very different list for me. It looks like this:

A)Going to the dentist twice a year
                            B)Interacting face-to-face with people
                            C)Cheerful hippie music by yodeling Wiccan women
                            D)Eating on a regular schedule
                            E)Pilates

It is E that brought me to this post. Lady Friend said itís good for you, and signed me up for Pilates class. I feel about Pilates the way I feel about vegetables, which is more or less how I feel about small talk, affirmations, and screaming children in fancy restaurants. But she would not take no for an answer, and she has me at her mercy. She has the Magical Power of Tech and wields it only at her humor, so if I want any more books to be published or Internet access, I have to keep her happy.

So I went to Pilates, with much grumbling. Because it was supposed to be good for me. I suppose that someone might find something good in Pilates. Itís a better activity than holding up stagecoaches or having to go to a dinner party and ask people what they do for a living, so I suppose in that sense Pilates has some redeeming qualities after all. However, they are few and far between. The teacher made me fill out twenty minutes' worth of paperwork and then led me to a machine called The Reformer, which is a medieval torture device that has been refurbished with cushions.

Thank you, I guess.

I bit back the response that I did not want to get on The Reformer because I am perfectly content with my vices. Thus ensued a further twenty minutes of performing circus-like contortions on bars and rolling carts and wires accompanied by the teacher's soundtrack of how wonderfully I was doing. If I were truly doing that wonderfully, she would have let me leave. But she did not, so it began to feel like one of those pointless affirmations when one of limited means looks in a mirror and says I AM RICH fifteen times daily in the hopes that the sky will hail dollar bills.

Lady Friend is going to read this and send a rude text that it was just meant to be encouraging, but Benign Poltergeist hid my cell phone so her vitriol will go unnoticed. Then she will say that Pilates is good for me, so very good for me indeed, and I will miss this text as well. What I wonít miss is her manhandling me into the Pandamobile next week and forcing me to go back. You suck, Lady Friend.

I will do it for my art.
                            Right, another appointment on Thursday then. Pick you up at 2:30.
                            Got Panda? Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and now Pandaloonery!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lady Friend View Post
                              Right, another appointment on Thursday then. Pick you up at 2:30.
                              You're fired.

Comment

You're fired.
                                Internets, Panda...

Comment

Working...
                                X