• *sends Sassy after GP. Raidos away*
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

Comment

• Originally posted by ottercat View Post
      *sends Sassy after GP. Raidos away*
      YUCK. What did I do???

Are you not sleeping either tonight? HAI, OTTERCAT!!!
      JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

• Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
        The tv show Beauty and the Beast is disappoint. Basically Angel vampires without the blood drinking and plot. I made it through three episodes before the Angsty Sues got more annoying than the man with the nice body took his shirt off.
        I had not heard about Beauty and the Beast! Sounds like something to skip. The whiny vampire show that I couldn't stand was Vampire Diaries. I got halfway through the first season and gave up. Buffy was awesome and Angel was okay, but Diaries? Meh.

Comment

• Originally posted by ottercat View Post
          ARAGORN mmmmmmmm
          I've been watching Sleepy Hollow, too. Feels like it's aiming for a teenage girl demographic..... I guess I'm like 3 teenage girls

GP - if you want a good time waster, get onto BookBub. Every day it sends you an email of free or v. cheap e-books from genres of your choosing! Also, The Name of the Wind series by Patrick Rothfuss. Or any of Jeff Long's books. I call them "airplane books" because they are long, intriguing, and lurid. I really like The Descent and Deeper. It turns out there is a whole subterranean world of tunnels and caves inhabited by humanoid creatures that probably seeded humankind with language, art, etc. before degenerating into more animalistic critters. Corporations decide to take over the underworld, underworld critters come up to prey on humans, a nun is sent down to search for the original Satan. Hilarity ensues.
          My favorite part of Sleepy Hollow is when Ichabod is baffled/outraged by some new technology/facet of culture. The actor plays it perfectly.

I wish Bookbub would pick up my own books! They have turned me down three times. Sad panda.

Comment

• "Are money-making moms less happy?" --- title of article on CNN.

Less happy than what? Moms struggling through crushing poverty? How does that work exactly?

CNN, you fail on the title front. The article was about bread-winning moms being less happy.

Sigh. STILL AWAKE. I'd watch Olympics on youtube, but I get vicarious performance anxiety.
            Last edited by Gay Panda; 02-12-2014, 05:26 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
              "Are money-making moms less happy?" --- title of article on CNN.

Less happy than what? Moms struggling through crushing poverty? How does that work exactly?

CNN, you fail on the title front. The article was about bread-winning moms being less happy.

Sigh. STILL AWAKE. I'd watch Olympics on youtube, but I get vicarious performance anxiety.
              Lol I'm just surprised to find that on CNN. I should send that to my militant liberal friend...

Icabod is the dorbs. ;W; I'm most impressed that the actor doesn't overact like a lot of lampshaded I'm from the past/future/space/dead. He's got just enough sass to properly season the corn. Yummy.

Comment

• I read the Vampire Diaries books in Jr. high... they were good to my 13 year old girl brain.
                Primal since March 5, 2012
                SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                  I read the Vampire Diaries books in Jr. high... they were good to my 13 year old girl brain.
                  I never read the books and hadn't even heard about them until I started watching the show. I just couldn't get into the endless angst and sad emo-face of it. (Which was shocking, considering how much V. C. Andrews I read in junior high and high school.)

* cough * and college * cough *

P.S. I mean I read nothing but Shakespeare and Plato, and only watched Masterpiece Theater*.

* Masterpiece Theater = Jerry Springer

Comment

• jerry jerry jerry!
                    beautiful
                    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                    lol

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                      jerry jerry jerry!
                      After sitting in classes all day long and pouring coffee all afternoon/evening and into the night, Jerry Springer was about my level by the time I dragged my sorry panda ass home. Tawdry affairs! Flying chairs!! Bleeped out swears!!!

Riveted.
                      Last edited by Gay Panda; 02-13-2014, 07:02 AM.

Comment

• Well, I didn't want to sleep tonight anyway!!!

* upsince3fornoreason *
                        * hateinsomnia *

Comment

• Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
                          Well, I didn't want to sleep tonight anyway!!!

* upsince3fornoreason *
                          * hateinsomnia *
                          Castle is on hulu. You're welcome.

Comment

• Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
                            Castle is on hulu. You're welcome.
                            I like that show!!! I'm all up to date on it. So now it's breakfast time and fast-forwarding through a dreadful episode of Glee.

I gave up around 5 and started working. It is not even 9 and I'm done editing for the day.

Comment

• Hey, you know what I remembered a couple of weeks ago re: insomnia. Phosphatidylserine! I think I read about it in the Mood Cure. I take one cap before bed and if (WHEN) I am awakened (small hungry child, large snoring spouse), I can get back to sleep again. For some reason, the occasional probiotic taken at bedtime helps me as well. I read that they use probiotics to keep cortisol low in farmed fish, but I can't find any human research.

Comment

• P.S. this is for Lady Friend, so she can start her weekend with a Gah! I think the bullet hole in the forehead really makes it Valentine's -y
                                lamb gambol.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X