Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
    Sadly, shows like that have built in expiration dates. I think Grimm might be the same way.
    I haven't watched Grimm! I just started Sleepy Hollow and that has been interesting though not riveting.

    Does anyone still watch The Simpsons? I adored the first ten seasons of that show and then I got bored. But it's still going.
    JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by ottercat View Post
      I read Earth/Sky, Ravenstone, and Plantation already! I started Runemaster and then I re-started Zombies bc the faster I read Runemaster, the sooner it will be over. =/
      Poor otter! All I have left are the naughty books. Lady Friend read me the review for Earth/Sky and I howled about the four stars because seriously, it's Earth/Sky. Today I made the 100K mark for the rough draft of Above/Below and Jessa is still whining.

      I'll have Zombies III out probably on the 15th. Now I'm just engaged in my last obsessive rereads for typos and inconsistencies. And I found a simply AWESOME one today that had me face/palm and wonder what else I've missed.
      JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by caveBEE View Post
        Finished ALL 665 pages... YES!!! Wow, what a ride! Not sure what that's worth in panda points... and not sure how to get myself or my husband to stop referring to ourselves in the third person, or how to properly compensate Gay Panda, and attendent crew of posters, for all of the entertainment (and sharing of your personal ups and downs) that I have been riveted to over the past couple of weeks... so I'll just say Thanks! and I hope you are doing well Gay Panda.
        *they were selling these in a store, but I don't think they are primal, or panda food, or made of puffed pandas for that matter...[ATTACH]14336[/ATTACH]*
        LOL. Go Panda Puffs!!! I used to love eating those. You win 100 Panda Points for getting through this monstrosity of a journal, and you and your husband may refer to yourself in the third person as much as you wish.

        And yes, Panda is doing well. Right now my out-of-HMO endocrinologist and I are playing the medication game with Synthroid for my Tan Mom Thyroid. He's having me hold off on weight loss attempts until we find the correct dose. Then I can focus on the problem of Panada. But it is very nice to wake up every few days with some energy! (The HMO endo, on the other hand, is having a fit that I'm on Synthroid when the problem is CLEARLY depression.)

        No Panda Points to HMO endo.
        JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
          I'm still into Superdepressing, but Doctor Who is boring me half to death! I think it's time for a female Doctor. And a new team of writers to go with her.

          And SHERLOCK!!!!!
          A female Doctor would be awesome. Especially if she was ginger, but I loved Donna. I am excited for a surly old badass Doctor again. Lol can you tell who my first Doctor was?

          Glad to hear your have more energy! That was what won, and will forever keep, me on primal. I have never felt like I had a "normal person's" energy before. Good luck with the docs (and naughty non-HMO). That's what they're there for; though sometimes they seem to think they are pharmacists or worse, moms.
          Last edited by RittenRemedy; 11-05-2013, 01:25 AM.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
            Glad to hear your have more energy! That was what won, and will forever keep, me on primal. I have never felt like I had a "normal person's" energy before. Good luck with the docs (and naughty non-HMO). That's what they're there for; though sometimes they seem to think they are pharmacists or worse, moms.
            That was what I was trying to explain to my doctors! Other people my age are climbing Everest and I can hardly get through the laundry. It's ridiculous and it's NOT depression.

            I can't even imagine Mother Panda's reaction to my thyroid issues if I told her.

            GAY PANDA: Mom, I have an autoimmune disease that attacks my thyroid.
            MOTHER PANDA: No, you don't. If you do, it's because God is punishing you for leading a sinful life.
            GAY PANDA: That's neither helpful nor encouraging.
            MOTHER PANDA: If you were straight and went to church, you would have a healthy thyroid. I'm straight and I go to church and my thyroid is just fine.
            GAY PANDA: Do you have a study to back up the claim that Hashimoto's is disproportionately represented among gay pandas who don't go to church?
            MOTHER PANDA: Yes.
            GAY PANDA: I want to see it.
            MOTHER PANDA: It's in my other purse.
            JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
              GAY PANDA: Mom, I have an autoimmune disease that attacks my thyroid.
              MOTHER PANDA: No, you don't. If you do, it's because God is punishing you for leading a sinful life.
              GAY PANDA: That's neither helpful nor encouraging.
              MOTHER PANDA: If you were straight and went to church, you would have a healthy thyroid. I'm straight and I go to church and my thyroid is just fine.
              GAY PANDA: Do you have a study to back up the claim that Hashimoto's is disproportionately represented among gay pandas who don't go to church?
              MOTHER PANDA: Yes.
              GAY PANDA: I want to see it.
              MOTHER PANDA: It's in my other purse.
              I'm LMAO. Yes, Panda, just have sex with the opposite sex, and God will heal all. I won't sully your journal with the whole story, but suffice to say that my mother lived the straight and narrow, and "God" heaped more shit on her life than I could even imagine.

              God is in my other purse.
              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

              B*tch-lite

              Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                God is in my other purse.
                Has to be a bumper sticker.
                I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
                  LOL. Go Panda Puffs!!! I used to love eating those. You win 100 Panda Points for getting through this monstrosity of a journal, and you and your husband may refer to yourself in the third person as much as you wish.

                  And yes, Panda is doing well. Right now my out-of-HMO endocrinologist and I are playing the medication game with Synthroid for my Tan Mom Thyroid. He's having me hold off on weight loss attempts until we find the correct dose. Then I can focus on the problem of Panada. But it is very nice to wake up every few days with some energy! (The HMO endo, on the other hand, is having a fit that I'm on Synthroid when the problem is CLEARLY depression.)

                  No Panda Points to HMO endo.
                  Woo Hoo, that's a lot of points! I feel like if there was a "Know your Gay Panda Contest", I'd be a strong competitor. Wish I could have commented along the way in real time, but also happy to have just stumbled into the whole box set so to speak, and have a two week Gay Panda marathon.
                  Glad you are doing well, I was incredulous reading about the doctor insisting that you were depressed, but I suppose not really that surprised in the end, I have diagnosed many of my own issues and the rest they just throw their hands up and nothing else is done. I hope you eventually get your dose figured out and can attend to Panada. Maybe you could make up an article to hand to the Dr. that shows they've just discovered that Synthroid also cures depression now? Win/win. (Couldn't stop laughing at the "It's Tan Mom, bitch" texts that you send to Lady Friend!)
                  Bacon is NOT the problem...
                  check out our sometimes not so primal side at http://superfoodies.wordpress.com/

                  Comment


                  • Does anyone else notice that these "God" references are taking place on page 666? Hmmmm.....
                    Last edited by caveBEE; 11-05-2013, 06:36 PM.
                    Bacon is NOT the problem...
                    check out our sometimes not so primal side at http://superfoodies.wordpress.com/

                    Comment


                    • And yours is post 6654, I note. I wonder what will happen on post 6666?

                      Only 11 posts to go....
                      Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

                      Griff's cholesterol primer
                      5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
                      Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
                      TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
                      bloodorchid is always right

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                        I'm LMAO. Yes, Panda, just have sex with the opposite sex, and God will heal all. I won't sully your journal with the whole story, but suffice to say that my mother lived the straight and narrow, and "God" heaped more shit on her life than I could even imagine.
                        I thought about dolling myself up all sick and sexyfied tonight to score some opposite sex tail down at the bar and cure my Hashimoto's, but then I stayed home and watched Twilight alone instead.

                        Yeah, I'm pathetic.
                        JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by caveBEE View Post
                          (Couldn't stop laughing at the "It's Tan Mom, bitch" texts that you send to Lady Friend!)
                          As soon as I read this sentence, I snatched back my cell phone from Benign Poltergeist and texted that yet again to Lady Friend!!! She is currently attending a conference in the Paris of America*.

                          * That would be Des Moines, the city of romance.
                          JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
                            I just started Sleepy Hollow and that has been interesting though not riveting.
                            I love Sleepy Hollow! The storyline is batshit insane, but the general wackiness and great byplay between the leads is fun enough to keep me watching (I do love those occasional moments of Ichabod bitchiness), and of course, just generally Because Tom Mison. Who must never again be allowed to shave or cut his hair or wear any clothing less than two centuries old - I utterly forbid it!

                            Sorry. Hormones. Do carry on...
                            I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

                            Oscar Wilde

                            Comment


                            • I think I saw the pilot to Sleepy Hollow. Looked cool; I'll have to find it again. I saw some of a British show called Rev. An adorably awkward vicar deals with an intercity church and all the "personalities" that attracts. I can't decide whether my favorite character is the (possibly Irish but I might be wrong?) drunken bum who guards the church or the crack addict next door.

                              Comment


                              • ^ also gay/everyone else friendly. Gotta say its nice to see an "accepting, liberal (in a social manner) God."

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X