No announcement yet.

Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think it all comes down to self-identity, and if it's based on how others are choosing to live, and how others fit into a mould. I think an identity that stands apart from what others are doing is one that can better meet demands of reality.
    Last edited by Ariana30; 07-31-2013, 10:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
      i am a STRONG AND VIBRANT WOMAN, I DO WHAT I WANT

....don't tell, but when bay was here i cooked for him and served him food
      ZOMG, I am telling everyone!!!

The irony in this is that Mother Panda runs him around. She doesn't serve him food. He serves her.
      JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
        i feel this... strange pull.... towards the kitchen, to make...... me a plate of chicken
        Make sure you're barefoot!

Comment

• Sarcasm and Too Much Crap!: B*itch I'm Fabulous... Animal Edition

^Panda's must click here for Fabulousnesssss^
          “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
          ~Friedrich Nietzsche
          And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Ack! Dear Gay Panda, where is volume 3 of Zombies? I'm on tenterhooks (a phrase I've frequently read, but don't really understand except that it means I'm waiiiiiitiiiiing) and would appreciate a prompt release so that I can learn more about the fate of these characters I've come to hold dear. Even (maybe especially) Micah...

Comment

• Originally posted by TQD View Post
              Ack! Dear Gay Panda, where is volume 3 of Zombies? I'm on tenterhooks (a phrase I've frequently read, but don't really understand except that it means I'm waiiiiiitiiiiing) and would appreciate a prompt release so that I can learn more about the fate of these characters I've come to hold dear. Even (maybe especially) Micah...
              The Zombies: Volume III is currently sitting unloved in my computer while I race* to make a November deadline for Runemaster!

I'll put the finishing undead touches on Zombies in September. I originally planned for a December release of Volume III, but if the final edits and proofreading go well in September, then I'll switch its release with Earth/Sky and put it out in October. (Nobody is waiting on tenterhooks for Earth/Sky. Even the beta reader gave the second draft back yesterday with The Look.)

While I never had a Jubilee Eclipse (poor Micah) while teaching, I did have some very strange names go through. One mother long ago confessed to me that she had come thisclose to naming one of her sons Pagan, but changed it at the last minute to something I can't type here yet was equally bizarre.

* Race = Lumber along at Panda Pace.
              Last edited by Gay Panda; 08-05-2013, 09:04 AM.

Comment

• Synthroid likes me a little better now. I woke up with a case of ZOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMM!!!!!

The house is much cleaner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
                  The Zombies: Volume III is currently sitting unloved in my computer while I race* to make a November deadline for Runemaster!

While I never had a Jubilee Eclipse (poor Micah) while teaching, I did have some very strange names go through.
                  Hmm...well, I just bought the first three volumes of Runemaster yesterday, and I'm guessing that I'll be just as anxious for the next volume of that one by the time I get through the first three

I come across a lot of people in my work, and am often boggled by the names people have given their children. I find myself wondering if maybe deep down they didn't really like the kid that much, and intentionally set them up to be targets for other people's hazing. I'm even more boggled that the recipient of the name didn't bother to change it somewhere along the way. I'm pretty sure that if my parents had named me "Sundown" I wouldn't still be carrying that moniker at this stage of my life.

P.S. Congrats on the case of ZOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMM!!!!!

Comment

• My kids have normal names: Brady and Makenna (although the traditional spelling of Makenna is McKenna - Ma just had a different feel than Mc).
                    Primal since March 5, 2012
                    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• And we sink to a new low. Two of them actually.

1. Author A complained that having to write with good spelling, proper grammar, and correct punctuation "destroyed his imagination". So he has no intention of doing it. Then he demanded to know why his books are not selling.

2. Author B flat out refuses to edit. At all. He published his rough draft and had a hissy-fit that it has not made him rich and famous. When told he might want to try a second draft, he exploded that he does not HAVE to do another draft. Because he is gifted, and his work reflects his pure genius.

I am not exaggerating.

Delusion makes me happy.

Comment

• ...and that is why I long for the past, when an editor would stand between an "author" and the reading public, guarding the world from idiocy.

I've even hurled print books across the room, disgusted with trying to decipher whatever the "writer" was trying to say so badly...*

People used to KNOW this stuff. That writers may not be able to spell or grammarize**, and that editors, while not necessarily writers, were the people who could see the gold under the chaff, and help get it polished.

[* never a book by GP, however]
                        [**Yes, I used a made-up word. If it makes sense, it is allowable. Shakespeare invented about half of the English language for his plays]

Comment

• I love editing... sadly, I'm not 'educated' in editing so I cannot get a job as an editor...

Comment

• Hello Pandy ::waves:: - iz you there??
                            I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Comment

• I too was wondering where our beloved panda is. I hope said panda didn't zooooooooommm right out of the magical bamboo forest!! yooooo hoooo...come out come out wherever you are!

zomg!! I hope the zombies didn't get our panda! (wringing hands)
                              Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• Pppaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanda! Pppaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnda!

Comment

Working...
                                X