No announcement yet.

Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've only read the recap that Jenny Trout (author) does on her blog. I think that's been linked here before.
    Depression Lies

Comment

• And now I will go back to staring at the Paula Deen implosion . . .

Oh, I meant to say working. Working, of course.

* staresatimplosion *
      JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
        LOL.

It's okay. I still chew over that book at random moments, trying to determine what exactly about it disturbed me so much. (Besides the relentless repetitions of oh my and my inner goddess and DOUBLE CRAP and that she's an idiot savant virgin sex goddess.) I know some of my discomfort was borne of the Extremely Damaged Little Boy Soul being played up as very attractive, and that it could be healed to some degree through BDSM sex. She's so bizarrely desperate to please this outrageously controlling man and maybe that just bugs me personally since I find Extremely Damaged Little Child Souls in adult forms more frightening than erotic. The most broken people I've met are black holes. You can pour all the love and time and sex and attention and affirmations that you want into them, and all you're doing is getting ripped apart by the tidal forces of their projected psychological malfunctions. They can't be fixed. You'll only break with them.
        When I tried, and failed, to read that travesty of a novel a friend suggested that every time Bella/Ana/whoever thought, "Oh my..." I should try to imagine George Takei saying it instead. It vastly improved the experience, though I still couldn't get more than a few chapters in.

I wonder if an audiobook version of Takei reading FSOG, would make it more palatable.
        "Fact is, we're the freaks, the misfit mutants surrounded by readily-available (and free) information about the evils of fat, the benefits of whole-grains etc. From an evolutionary point of view we're the weirdos with a short-life expectancy or we're trail-blazing a 'new' path." ~ AlanC

"Paleo? Try it, but be wary of the cult mentality that comes with it. Paleovangelists are everywhere and a bit scary."

Comment

• Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

• ^giggle^
            “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
            ~Friedrich Nietzsche
            And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Oh my.....
              My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
              My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
              Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
              Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Comment

• Your opinion on wedding reception cake-smashing into faces: Fun or Ugh?

Comment

• Ugh. I told Hulky I would kill him if he does that (going to avoid cake cutting altogether if I can). The anxiety of being the center of attention is bad enough. Embarrassment would push me over the edge.
                  Depression Lies

Comment

• Fun. I'm always a little disappointed if they're polite about it.

I just started yet another take-down of FSOG. Yet another view giving me things I hadn't seen before. i need to get my story finished so I can move on!
                    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• I'm procrastinating on my edits (shame on me) so I'm reading about cake-smashing at weddings instead. It really seems like one of those subjects that should be discussed with the future spouse beforehand if one feels strongly either way.

Also, someone in a comment thread related the horrifying story of a wedding he/she had recently attended. The couple had decided that they were just going to feed each other a bite of the cake, not do the big old face smash. Offended about this, the bride's sister ran up to the table and smashed cake in their faces.

FAIL.

Comment

• I told hubby that unless he wanted it followed by a swift kick to the nadds, he better not smash cake in my face....

(the fact that i had a sword and about 8 knives at my wedding probably had nothing to do with him playing nice)
                        Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

• Originally posted by DinoHunter View Post
                          Oh my! His face after he said the word, "clitoris."

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                          Ugh. I told Hulky I would kill him if he does that (going to avoid cake cutting altogether if I can). The anxiety of being the center of attention is bad enough. Embarrassment would push me over the edge.
                          I'm with you. It's a creepy tradition to embarrass your spouse on the first day of your life together.
                          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• For me, it is a NO GO. Absolutely not. While I am perfectly playful in private (Alliteration Points!), I am very shy and reserved in public. Having a piece of cake smashed into my face in front of my community would embarrass me greatly.

The stories I've now wasted two hours reading are awful. (And these are true smashing stories - not the little daub of frosting on the nose ritual - where one party said no and the other did it anyway.) One groom was so upset that he walked right out of the reception and didn't come back.

Comment

• Originally posted by DinoHunter View Post
                              Ha! It's even better than when I imagined it.
                              "Fact is, we're the freaks, the misfit mutants surrounded by readily-available (and free) information about the evils of fat, the benefits of whole-grains etc. From an evolutionary point of view we're the weirdos with a short-life expectancy or we're trail-blazing a 'new' path." ~ AlanC

"Paleo? Try it, but be wary of the cult mentality that comes with it. Paleovangelists are everywhere and a bit scary."

Comment

• Definitely UGH. If anyone tried it on me, the word "bridezilla" would take on a new and terrifying meaning. And thank Valhalla my sister would never *dream* of being so stupid.

I don't blame that groom. Good on him.
                                I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Comment

Working...
                                X