No announcement yet.

Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first thought was "tweaker-cougar"... seriously, meth-head creepy, much?

Comment

• Originally posted by Miss Grok View Post
      I'm a long time lurker and first time poster, and I must say that you and Blood Orchid are the two journals I read religiously. I wanted to ask you how the Synthroid is treating you? Is it helping with the tiredness or Q?
      You dare to travel into the den of iniquity that is Blood Orchid's journal? You are a brave soul indeed.

At least for now, I have Internetz. So I can AT LAST answer these questions!
      JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

• The Q is not going away any time soon.

The problem is that my weight loss efforts are being undercut by a deeply unhappy thyroid gland. So it does not matter how well I eat or how much I run, or that I can live on twelve hundred calories a day for months at a time. This is both infuriating and relieving, since my brain has so tangled weight loss with self-determination. But I can be as determined as I want to be, and it won’t convince my thyroid to heal itself and help out.

Synthroid has been a difficult adjustment, since my body is responding to it (and the doctor says this is normal) by initially becoming even more lethargic than it already is. On some days in the past month, I haven’t been able to stay awake long enough to write, and that was thoroughly depressing. I have been moved to a higher dose until July, when I will be moved higher still. The doctor and I will have a further chat at that appointment at a possible diagnosis. He is curious if this is Hashimoto’s. We just don’t know yet.

So right now, I have to live with Q. This makes me want to scream. And at the same time, I am forced to accept that it is utterly out of my control. At present, my more immediate concern is just trying to stay awake long enough to work. Some days I can’t even get off the sofa, and on days that I can, it’s a battle. Even when the schedule has somewhere fun to go on it, I don’t have the energy. So I just sit here and drowse and watch strange music videos and write books about people with very exciting lives since a dysfunctional thyroid grounds me to my living room.

Comment

• As much as it sucks that you aren't in control, at least now you can be very sure that the lack of changes has zero reflection on you and is simply mis-wiring in your body.

Hope the re-wire works, though
          http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• Originally posted by drssgchic View Post
            As much as it sucks that you aren't in control, at least now you can be very sure that the lack of changes has zero reflection on you and is simply mis-wiring in your body.

Hope the re-wire works, though
            Yep. What she said. Hang in there, Panda.
            I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Comment

• I'm naming my thyroid gland Tan Mom since it functions about as well as she sings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
                I'm naming my thyroid gland Tan Mom since it functions about as well as she sings.
                Ohhhh Panda... you make me smile.
                “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Tomorrow Lady Friend is taking her personal Tan Mom to the doctor for a sonogram.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clark3loyd
                    Fab is as Fab does, Panda darling! Here's some more jaw-dropping info for you:
                    Oh, Clark3loyd,

How did you know I was thinking of you just now?! Today I embarked upon a Gothic Horror Novella for a contest, writing three thousand deliciously dreary words of the maximum 30K, and I realized that I had unwittingly based my male romantic interest upon you. I gave him a far more dashing name of course . . . oh, but please don't turn your back on Panda! Clark3loyd is a very masculine name indeed that makes womanly hearts everywhere flutter. Yes, flutter. Those of feminine persuasion reading this post are currently in a swoon, lace kerchief pressed to breast and heart beating like the wings of a hummingbird beneath. Later there will be a cage match to win you, after I revive them all with smelling salts. I am sorry that I cannot attend the match*, but I woke up at four in the morning with a brain crying LET'S THINK!!! The problem is that Clark3loyd is just not a Gothic name. Gothic names are Edward and Vladamir and Rococco and Bill. Bill is very Gothic. So is Buzz. I named my male lead Vale, because this seems very mysterious and reminiscent of the veil of death through which we will all one day pass, and I was tired of looking at baby name sites for anything else. I couldn't use Edward, since the name is inextricably entwined now in my head with vampires who glitter like Victoria's Secret Diamond Bras.

What's that you say? This post is very heterosexist? I have a male reader or two swooning at the fantasy of Clarklo3yd or 3ClakLoyz or whatever the hell your troll name is? I have a female reader who might prefer a Clark3Lydia? Well, but this is Gothic Horror, darling. I don't think they let gay people into that genre. So I win this argument. I win it because I have been up since four in the morning and I'm getting very punchy. So I am going to text Lady Friend one more IT'S TAN MOM, BITCH! to piss her off and brush my teeth with my bamboo toothbrush, and retire to my four poster bed with the burgundy curtains, and listen to the strange piano music that echoes through my house in the dark dread of night.

Love,
                    Gay Panda

* Five bucks on BloodOrchid.
                    Last edited by Gay Panda; 06-19-2013, 09:12 PM.

Comment

• smart bet, i'll fight dirty

there's a hummingbird under my bosom already <3
                      beautiful
                      yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                      lol

Comment

• Dear Gaylord Pandapants,

No, it is not.

Sincerely,
                        Lady Friend
                        Got Panda? Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and now Pandaloonery!

Comment

• Originally posted by miss grok View Post

(wave to lady friend!)
                          wave!!!
                          Got Panda? Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and now Pandaloonery!

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post

there's a hummingbird under my bosom already <3
                            This cannot top the slow and steady thrum of the raptor in mine, ready to swoop down, and rip your hummingbird head off. The prize of Clark3loyd (also know as Lloyd Randolph Clark the Third in some circles) cannot be resisted. He paid me a visit in the wee hours of the night, and this proof of his love makes me strong.

Comment

• Fight! Fight!! Fight!!!

Comment

• Oh, children. It gets good at 0:32. Ninja kitten!!!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/travisrandg/...ed-dragon-5d61

Comment

Working...
                                X