No announcement yet.

Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philip! Scrawny, rat-faced guy that made riding the bus miserable. He dubbed my friends and I the "Dimwits." We owned it. I was Dizzy Bitch Dimwit

Now what was the name of his chubbier henchman that I later discovered may have had a crush on me . . .
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• I am happy to hear that choosing a name based on the first letter of it is totally a valid way to name a character. That is how I usually name folks in stories. "Hmm... D sounds right.. D.... D...."
      Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by Pedidoc View Post
        Tiffany because she continues to annoy me by playing the helpless victim.
        Judith and Monique because they were vapid teachers who didn't give a damn about students.
        Um, did we somehow know the same Tiffany? Did she call herself Tiffie and make an ass out of herself on the bus to seventh grade every morning?

8) Tiffany
        JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
          I am happy to hear that choosing a name based on the first letter of it is totally a valid way to name a character. That is how I usually name folks in stories. "Hmm... D sounds right.. D.... D...."
          LOL. I try to have my main characters start with different letters and then I canvass lists of names for ones I like. Others just pop to mind inexplicably (one girl is named Zaley, since she couldn't pronounce her given name of Rosalie as a toddler, and her mother insists on still calling her Zaley even at age 17 - have no idea where Zaley came from).

Comment

• Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
            Um, did we somehow know the same Tiffany? Did she call herself Tiffie and make an ass out of herself on the bus to seventh grade every morning?

8) Tiffany

Possibly, she is now a 50 year old woman still playing the victim.......
            Female 55
            Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
            Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Tonya
              Derek
              Lisa
              Corinne

Oh wait! Are they red-necky or elegant, sneering sort of villain?

Comment

• Originally posted by Zanna View Post
                Tonya
                Derek
                Lisa
                Corinne

Oh wait! Are they red-necky or elegant, sneering sort of villain?
                They're a mixture. And oh, I like the name Derek. I think I'll use that name for the guy who feels the need to do a lot of 'man-splaining' to one of my female leads.

Unfortunately, Lady Friend is often the target of man-splaining when buying tools/talking about computers/discussing tractor and truck repairs. It makes her nuts.

Comment

• That reminds me of a high school teacher I had, who went with her husband to a dealership so that she could buy a new car. Although she approached the salesman and told him exactly what she wanted, he looked right over her head and would only engage with the husband. Enraged, they left. No sale. She came to class practically spitting that Monday!!!

Comment

• Ohhh... You gotta know how to "work" the car dealers and such as a "woman".
                    I'm a pro. I play the "picky snobby wife" or "bored wife" or "doesn't really want to buy things wife" .

*huff* But I wanted red... *pout*
                    Husband acts apologetic.
                    It's like good cop/bad cop.
                    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• I'll tell Lady Friend the next time she's picking up tractor parts to walk her fingers up the man-splaining salesman's chest and ask if he has it in red.

Of course, she's in muddy Carhartts and her boots are covered in sheep poo and she usually has alfalfa in her hair, so I don't know how well that will work.

Comment

• It works better if there is a guy partner to work a sales guy with.
                        They are too stupid to know they are being hit over the head.

And I never act sexy TO the sales guy!
                        I act like a petulant child to husband.
                        Sales guy commiserates with husband... and offers lower prices to try and get a deal since I'm being a pain in the ass.
                        Then I go through other incarnations of "PITA wife".
                        Last edited by cori93437; 06-07-2013, 01:18 PM.
                        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                        ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                        And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Speaking of stupid, a random woman at Whole Foods walked backwards into my cart, and then glared at me for being there. I had been in the exact same spot for five minutes while the butcher wrapped up my purchases.

Comment

• Do you need more names? I realize it's for characters to whom bad things probably happen, but I think you need to use Clayton. It's underutilized at the moment. I just named my baby Clayton, after my dad. But I still think it sounds a little rednecky-thuggish so I think you should use it in your book. And I did go to school with a boy named Clayton who was a bit of a dick until high school.

Comment

• Ooooh, I'll see if I can't fit in a Clayton as well!!! Chapter 58, we are underway.

Comment

• Can we do a Margie? My sister in law is awful and a Joe still husbands family-enough said. My son Chris would love to be a zombie......
                                Female 55
                                Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                                Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

Working...
                                X