Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beautiful
    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
    lol

Comment

• Agreed.
      “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
      ~Friedrich Nietzsche
      And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• You're mighty quiet . . . That's not good. I'm going to hijack your journal with a question to see if it pulls you out of hiding. And because your journal gets a lot more traffic than mine, so there will be a greater probability of an answer

I've never flown 1st class. Has anyone around here? I'm trying to figure out what options there would be that those of us that fly coach can only dream of. (Specifically from Denver, but any information would help.)
        http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• I've only ever flown Southwest, so coach/ 1st class is a null question for me.
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
          My Latest Journal

Comment

• I just looked up the proposed flight for the story- $800 on Hotwire. $1300 for first class on United. Dang.
            http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Comment

• Hubby and I flew first class on the 14 hour flight from Los Angeles to Brisbane (and back). It was totally worth the extra cost. We were on Virgin Australia, and had the seats that completely recline, along with room to stand and stretch in front of our seat area. The services were also first class... excellent food, wonderful service, and "front of the line" for dropping off/picking up baggage and boarding/disembarking.

Mainly, though the reason it was worth it was because of the length of the flight. I would have gone totally bat crazy if I'd been confined in a regular coach-class seat. As it was, I got about 6 hours sleep and wasn't wasted when we landed.

I think the tipping point for paying the extra would be--how long are you on the plane?

Comment

• I did find out that international first class is a step above domestic first class. She's just going between Denver and BWI, so no international airlines.

Comment

• Hulky and I upgraded a cross-country flight (LA to Boston) for about $80 I think? Can't remember if that was each/both. You get wide comfy seats, only one neighbor, and at least one free alcoholic beverage. I don't recall the airline.
                  Depression Lies

Comment

• Ok, I can use that. Any special lounges or anything?

(FYI, I'm comparing this to the flight in 50 Shades where she went to the 1st class lounge and had a massage by a safely gay man. I suspect that isn't quite right . . . )

Comment

• Originally posted by drssgchic View Post
                      Ok, I can use that. Any special lounges or anything?

(FYI, I'm comparing this to the flight in 50 Shades where she went to the 1st class lounge and had a massage by a safely gay man. I suspect that isn't quite right . . . )
                      Sounds like she flew Virgin Atlantic (I've not read those books).
                      Our Clubhouses | Virgin Atlantic
                      I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Daggone! I can make that work, too- a hop down to Vegas and then flying into Dulles . . .

(Don't read the books. They're terrible.)

Comment

• I think you'd need to be a member of a club or "frequent flyer" program to get access to any lounges.

Airport lounge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                          Depression Lies

Comment

* splutters *

HOWDAREYOU?!?!? 50 Shades gave the WORLD a fever in its collective naughty bits, and you are just JEALOUS (much like Panda) to not have been the author to scribble such BRILLIANCE upon the pages. Your inner goddess is ashamed of you.

After my good thyroid function went to heaven, my Internet connection circled sad faces on its feelings charts and joined it. It may be a lousy copper splice somewhere, so the phone company is paying Panda a visit today.

We shall see if this posts. My connection has been awful for days.
                            JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

Daggone! I can make that work, too- a hop down to Vegas and then flying into Dulles . . .

Um, Dulles is a tiny airport, and VERY expensive to fly into/out of. I think their largest plane seats 4 across, so not much first class action would be my guess. I'd go with Reagen International for your first class story. Reagen is a much larger airport, has larger planes, and a higher volume of flights, AND has a Hilton hotel on site. My boss flies into and out of there all the time, and stays at said Hilton Hotel (Crystal City Embassy Suites).
                              Primal since March 5, 2012
                              SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• It worked! Panda appeared! Hi, Panda! Sorry for all the sad faces that are being circled in your world right now. And of course I'm jealous of the brilliance- that's why I'm rewriting them to ride their coattails to fame!

Wonder- I figure the rich guy that upgrades her would be able to get her in, but good catch.

Jenn- According to Virgin, their Washington lounge is in Dulles International.
                                * Upon further research- if she flies American, then she can go from Denver to Reagan- which makes sense, since there don't seem to be non-stop flights to Vegas. Thanks for the tip!
                                Last edited by drssgchic; 06-06-2013, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X