Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
    And in other semi-related news ... THIS.
    First Antibiotic-Resistant Gonorrhea Cases Detected in North America - US News and World Report
    I never dated many guys, so I was really low risk anyway for picking something up...
    But I'm suddenly really happy to be all married and boring and totally not dating.
    ACK!! and now i am single!!
    my primal journal:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• beautiful
      yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
      lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
        ACK!! and now i am single!!
        Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post

“You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
        ~Friedrich Nietzsche
        And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• LOL! it can be so funny to check into a thread when you haven't popped in for a while. Those prior 3 posts bear testament to that!
          Molly
          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread74646.html

Comment

• Gay Panda, I am back on page 105 and you were going through a huge mashed potato craving. I have a recipe for mashed sweet potatoes that is delectable and easy. Sweet potatoes and heavy cream. Is that something you could use? Not sure where you are now with those cravings, or maybe you already have a sweet potato recipe.
            Molly
            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread74646.html

Comment

• Panda, I have no hope of finishing your journal any time this century LOL. But I will try.
              I did read it last year though.
              Can you give the short version of your weight loss so far? I see you are doing the high fat too

Comment

• Originally posted by Ayla2010 View Post
                Panda, I have no hope of finishing your journal any time this century LOL. But I will try.
                I did read it last year though.
                Can you give the short version of your weight loss so far? I see you are doing the high fat too
                Right now I am having to be gracious and accepting* of my body, which apparently can only be pushed so far. The high fat helps tremendously in getting rid of bloat and very mildly with loss, but I hit a point on the scale that I cannot dip beneath. The scale has been retired for the time being to give me an emotional break. So I am exercising regularly (and keeping the fat high) since those things manage my depression better than medication ever did, and physically make me feel a little better. Primal has been lovely in stopping the relentless gain, but I may have other hormonal issues that are preventing loss.

* Most times I am gracious and accepting. Other times I wake up on the expletive side of the Magical Bamboo Forest.
                Last edited by Gay Panda; 01-11-2013, 12:28 PM.
                JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

• Originally posted by equineaddict View Post
                  Gay Panda, I am back on page 105 and you were going through a huge mashed potato craving. I have a recipe for mashed sweet potatoes that is delectable and easy. Sweet potatoes and heavy cream. Is that something you could use? Not sure where you are now with those cravings, or maybe you already have a sweet potato recipe.
                  BLEH!!!

On a more adult note, I really, really wish I liked sweet potatoes. But I just can't stand them. What I've been doing to cope with my terrible potato addiction is buying those bags of mini potatoes at Whole Foods. Then I can just fry up a very small amount of them every few days and (thankfully) it works. I get a little potato boost and am satiated.

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                    For some reason I feel like this needs to be here... because of all the kitties Panda grew up with, and last but not least Primal Coach Kitty (who now chases a Benign Poltergeist in the sky).
                    When your house is burning down, you should brush your teeth - The Oatmeal
                    That made me weep with laughter.

(Best part: But not Domino. Not the broken one.)

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
                      Panda, I thought you'd like the cut of this chap's jib:
                      How not to catch the norovirus | Charlie Brooker | Comment is free | The Guardian
                      ew EW EW.

Love the vomiting robot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Primal Primate View Post
                        Hey panda!
                        I'm just getting into your thread here and with 500 plus posts to go I feel I will be reading for some time to come. I'm enjoying your brand of humor and find many of the posts here helpful and inspirational. Thanks! I'm sure I will have more to comment on once I catch up with the conversation.
                        Cheers!
                        Hi Primal Primate! Just jump in any time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
                          Right now I am having to be gracious and accepting* of my body, which apparently can only be pushed so far. The high fat helps tremendously in getting rid of bloat and very mildly with loss, but I hit a point on the scale that I cannot dip beneath. The scale has been retired for the time being to give me an emotional break. So I am exercising regularly (and keeping the fat high) since those things manage my depression better than medication ever did, and physically make me feel a little better. Primal has been lovely in stopping the relentless gain, but I may have other hormonal issues that are preventing loss.

* Most times I am gracious and accepting. Other times I wake up on the expletive side of the Magical Bamboo Forest.
                          So awesome that you are feeling better, that is the main reason I do this too.
                          Hope that nasty scale does move down again soon though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ayla2010 View Post
                            Hope that nasty scale does move down again soon though.
                            It would be nice. I just have to accept that it might not, and this is as far as my body can go. But primal keeps me on the happier side of 200 and has eliminated several of my health issues; regular supplementation has helped clear up twenty years of uneven sleep and some mood swings. There just may be deeper problems that can't be fixed, and my health plan is notoriously unhelpful for weight troubles unless the solution is:

1. Slim Fast Meal Replacement Shakes.
                            2. Bariatric Surgery.
                            3. Health classes about Healthy Whole Grains.

Obviously, (1) is out on the grounds of EWGROSSBLEH and (2) is out on the grounds of not weighing enough to qualify for the surgery in the first place, not to mention I don't want to undergo surgery and the long-term results (as I understand them) are not very impressive. As to (3), I got into this state off healthy whole grains, and so those grains are going to stay the occasional restaurant treat and not be a daily staple.

So, High Fat and Long Walks to Primal Ke$ha it is! It may not help me lose, but it helps me stay stable.

Comment

• You keep walking wit Primal Ke$ha, Panda... she knows your feel.
                              “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                              ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                              And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• That's nearly as sick and sexified as Gay Panda's junior high school ID!!!

(I looked like a total tool.)

Comment

Working...
                                X