No announcement yet.

Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I used to know a woman in her 80s named Joanie. I think you're okay.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• 2 of my great grandmother's were 'Katie' until 100 (one a few months shy of it, the other a few months shy of 101).

You are FINE!
      “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
      ~Friedrich Nietzsche
      And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
        Ah, here are some of the original descriptions:

Fairy of Debauchery: a blowsy blonde about six inches in height, who perches precariously on my shoulder shouting, “CHUG! CHUG! CHUG!” while waving about a mug of ale and munching on Twizzlers. She burps and swears and farts, sings and kicks her feet and spills food and drink down my shirt, and is of such joyous spirit that one cannot help but be drawn in to her gaiety. The Fairy of Debauchery has an IQ about a fifth of mine, and when I tried to reason with her about not buying the smiley face cupcake in the deli case several days ago, that cupcakes contain wheat and sugar and these things make me ill and swell to the size of Panada, she hiccupped with gusto and banged her mug of ale against my ear and shouted, “LET’S BUY TWO!”

Fairy of Resolve: a humorless (female) librarian, who has the emotional range of an Excel Spreadsheet.

Fairy of Remorse: a thin little no-nonsense man in a sensible business suit, who never loses his composure and whose legs are always crossed at the ankle.
        I always pictured the fairies as a set of say triplets. Remorse is the Eyore-ish sad one. Debauchery is the party animal. And Resolve is the Mom-type.
        Primal since March 5, 2012
        SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• The Crock-Pot claims to have made a stew! Who wants to come over to the Magical Bamboo Forest and be my guinea pig?
          JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

• I'm looking at YOU, Lady Friend!!! Stop pretending to have a job!

Comment

• Is it Guinea Pig Stew?

Thank you Owly and Cori. I spent so much of my youth (when few people took me seriously) saying, "It's Joan." It's a bit of a relief to be a tribal elder now and just go with the flow.
              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• I was thinking it was Stone Soup, personally.
                Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                  Is it Guinea Pig Stew?

Thank you Owly and Cori. I spent so much of my youth (when few people took me seriously) saying, "It's Joan." It's a bit of a relief to be a tribal elder now and just go with the flow.
                  I like that. Go with the flow!

I'll forever be a 'Cori' (out of Melissa Coriander), so I qualify too.
                  “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                  ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• November 16th – Inspirational Moments

I allow myself to be me.

RESOLVE: Nice try.
                    REMORSE: You’re complimenting Panda? Whatever for? Panda wasn’t even successful in getting on the treadmill yesterday!
                    RESOLVE: Panda hid my affirmation list and got away with it for a few days. But I have it back now. And I’ve added a couple real doozies for the upcoming week.
                    GAY PANDA: Hey, I got the trash out to the curb for exercise at least. That’s worthy of a compliment. And I cleaned the kitchen and the bathroom and created a Very Strange Stew. It wasn’t a total wash. This resolution is wonderful by the way! I allow myself to be me. Me is someone who doesn’t like exercise very much, but me will exercise today because me is also a creature driven by guilt.
                    DEBAUCHERY: ME WANTS CHOCOLATE AND NACHOS AND JENSEN ACKLES AND CATHERINE ZETA-JONES ALL ON A PLATTER OF WHIPPED CREAM AND SPAGHETTI SAUCE TOGETHER!!!
                    RESOLVE: Well, you’re still stuck in a doughnut, so we don’t have to listen to you. Get on the treadmill, Panda. And if you don’t, I open the box.
                    GAY PANDA: NOT THE BOX!!! NOT THE BOX!!!
                    REMORSE: That’s cold, Resolve.
                    RESOLVE: I’m left with no other choice. Exercise or I open the Box o’ Writer’s Block, Panda. The choice is yours.

Comment

• Wow, that Resolve really doesn't mess around when it comes to threats. Just the mention of that box sends shivers down my spine.
                      “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• Heh... is that kind of like Pand-oras box?

Oh yeah... me and my bestie Resolve were hanging out and another .8 fell off. Not quite enough to make a whole number drop, but SOoooo close!!!
                        Last edited by cori93437; 11-16-2012, 10:18 AM.
                        ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Debauchery is still living with me. I will make her "poof and be gone" in a wisp of glitter come the 25th...
                          Primal since March 5, 2012
                          SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• I had a Debauchery Eviction Night a few nights ago, so I apologize to whoever she shacked up with. Sounds like it was Jenn.
                            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

• So our little friend Debauchery almost got me today. Evidently the frisky little wench can hone in on someone primed for some emotional eating like a heat seeking missile!

I stuck a spoon of some really sweet concoction into my mouth and immediately screwed up my face in disgust, and then spat. Upon reflection checking the bottom of that old, but sealed, container would have been a really good idea... "May 2011"
                              That darn stuff has been in the back of a cupboard for a good 2 years.
                              The stuff in question MAY have been Duncan Hines Coconut Pecan Frosting like one would put on a german chocolate cake. It used to occasionally get heated up and put over icecream in this house. Not often, just sometimes as a treat.
                              I hang my head in proper shame.
                              I knew if I ate it I would feel really bad, terrible head episode and all... but emotions got me.

I'm glad it tasted RANCID (I kind if wonder if that was because it was really gone bad or if I'm just that sensitive to the nasty oils now... it seems that all processes oils taste nasty tome these days if I encounter them.)
                              Debauchery was kicked out!
                              Resolve and I are Besties again... I don't know where he had dallied off to this morning when Debauchery jumped in and tried to bludgeon me, but he has promised to make it up to me with hot lavender-vanilla bathsoaktimes.
                              And I ate a couple of eggs and a couple of local GF, preservative free, chicken, garlic, and apple sausages cooked in coconut oil instead.

I feel sick from eating so early in the day even though I ate good food.
                              I just can't win. LOL
                              Last edited by cori93437; 11-16-2012, 12:45 PM.
                              ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• i just got a resove-a-gram. the letter stated that they have narrowed my resolve down to a couple of fairys. They want the right fit and one that could battle debauchary and win. They did strongly suggest before the arrival to start my own journal. Fear ensues now...

Comment

Working...
                                X