No announcement yet.

Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was curious if The Secret Circle was a good book (I think it's a series?) that just didn't adapt well to television. The idea was interesting enough, but if I downed a shot for every time someone in the show said, "I knew your mom!" or "We have to bind the circle!" I'd be smashed by the third episode. I see why it got canned after the first season.
    JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
      Almighty LiLo can only do so much, let us say amen
      Say amen and hide your nice clothes.

One of her best lines will forever be these aren't my pants! I find myself casting through my memory for instances where I have been wearing pants belonging to another . . . and come up short. Nope. Always mine. Never a mix-up.

Comment

• Well, when you grow up in a house with two siblings of the same gender as you, similar size and similar taste in clothes, it's something you end up saying not infrequently, especially when you try to go through the laundry basket in the dark.

However, I suspect that was not the situation for LiLo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
          I was curious if The Secret Circle was a good book (I think it's a series?) that just didn't adapt well to television. The idea was interesting enough, but if I downed a shot for every time someone in the show said, "I knew your mom!" or "We have to bind the circle!" I'd be smashed by the third episode. I see why it got canned after the first season.
          I never read the Circle books. Love the game idea, though. I get all my tv watching from the internet right now, so I'll pretty much give any show with supernatural leanings a try - even Teen Wolf which I love (I'm about 4 decades older than their target audience). I don't seem to be into zombies as much as a lot of people. Not sure why, but it might be the fashions.
          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• I said "these aren't my pants" a LOT as a kid. Each kid had their own laundry basket for clean clothes (that never made it to the dressers), and they tended to overflow from one to the other quite frequently. I'd make it from the den (laundry area) up to the kitchen and get just enough light to see that those jeans are entirely too small, say that line, and go back down in the den to try again.
            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
              I never read the Circle books. Love the game idea, though. I get all my tv watching from the internet right now, so I'll pretty much give any show with supernatural leanings a try
              Maybe I'll pick up the first Circle book at the library and see - the characters were so one-note in the television series but it wouldn't be the first time a good book was made into a bad show. Practical Magic was an interesting example of that working the other way - adorable movie from a rather dull book.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da9nd2ri3dge
                I did not know.
                STOP TOYING WITH PANDA. You did not know WHAT?!?!?!?? WHAT?!!??!?!

Here, I'll make it easy for you, Da9nd2ri3dge. Just circle one of the answers below:

I did not know
                A) Panda was so damn FINE.
                B) Octomom has gone to rehab.
                C) Tomorrow is Halloween!!!
                D) Smashwords has The Sigils: Volume One for free.
                E) All of the above.

On a side note, Lady Friend had a moment of cognitive dissonance at a Chinese restaurant the other night because mariachi music was playing over the speakers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
                  On a side note, Lady Friend had a moment of cognitive dissonance at a Chinese restaurant the other night because mariachi music was playing over the speakers.
                  When in Grocery Outlet the other day, I saw a package of "Beef Taco Flavored Yakisoba"

WTF

Comment

• Now I need to watch Practical Magic.

*faux-huff*

THANKS.
                    Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                      Now I need to watch Practical Magic.

*faux-huff*

THANKS.
                      *faux-snort*

YOU'RE WELCOME.

I'm the Halloween Scrooge on the block this year. Eye of the Storm will be dressing up Sauron and Shelob in little costumes to go trick-or-treating, and I just can't do it. I can't listen to these horrible dogs bark all year and then coo over what cute angels/devils/bumblebees they are on my porch.

Panda is going out to dinner far, far away tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by RaeVynn View Post
                        When in Grocery Outlet the other day, I saw a package of "Beef Taco Flavored Yakisoba"

WTF
                        I don't even know what that is, so I echo your WTF and I raise you a WTH.

Comment

• Yakisoba is a Japanese noodle dish.

You can take fusion food too far.

Comment

• You can’t spell November without no.

Well, considering the public high school that Gay Panda attended, you could. Gay Panda went to a terrible school. But upon careful examination of November, I conclude that my initial observations are correct. You can’t spell it without no. Or beer, which is also relevant to this post.*

I gave myself what seemed like an impossible challenge for October, to finish the editing of three books by Halloween. And I did it, finishing after midnight about nine hours ago. But this meant for October that I did very little else. There is a Donner Party CSA London Broil that has taken up permanent residence in my freezer, because I did not have the wherewithal for an Internet or cookbook search to figure out what the hell to do with it. I have ignored the scale and eaten meals made entirely of cheese. I visited the primal treadmill twice. I have pretended to not see a weird stain on the second shelf of my refrigerator. My attendance to primal was lackluster some days, in which a gluten-free pizza and salad could be ordered for delivery with less effort than a steak could be prepared. I had work to do, dammit! But now the work is done.**

November has to be made of different things. Tomorrow morning I will shop and say no to the crusty yellow potatoes and no to the chocolate bar, no to the raspberries and no to the nuts. No to the beer, the odd instances that I have it. Resolve has the Oscar and an Uzi, not to mention a briefcase full of spreadsheets. She will remember to Google London Broil (whatever it is) and to charge our Kindle so that I can watch Doctor Who while I walk on the primal treadmill. She will make me scrub that stain on the second shelf of the refrigerator. She will give the free pass of Thanksgiving but say no to the rest. And I have no excuses of work or something shiny distracting me.

I would like to make progress. It is frustrating (and very jealous-making) how some people can be fifty percent compliant and have the weight fall off, and I can be 100% and hit a plateau. But this is what it is. This is my body, and I have to work with what I’ve been given. There is no last-dietary-ditch-blowout for Halloween scheduled, although I am going to a lovely restaurant tonight and will share dessert with two other people. There isn’t any Halloween candy stashed in my house. My challenge will be store visits and controlling Debauchery, and getting myself away from the computer and to the treadmill. But the three lures of unedited books are gone (I’M DONE! I’M DONE!! I’M DONE!!!) and I like watching Doctor Who while I walk.

We welcome our armed-and-dangerous Fairy of Resolve overlord.

Comment

• UPDATE: (in explanation of * and **)

* Or omen, which sounds so deliciously worrisome. Or venom, or oven, or . . .

** Work is never done, but it is vastly reduced.

Comment

• You and me both, Panda. I am trying to clean up my primal act before Debauchery's favorite season hits and I am smacked upside the head by a zillion holiday parties. Oh dear beloved Resolve, November belongs to you.
                                “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X