No announcement yet.

Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was going to put up Part Four, full of introspection and deep thoughts and brooding sentiments, but then I had such a lovely weekend that I wasn't in the mood. I finished an interesting book (Everlost, in case anyone cares) and completed the edits on my own book (Runefly, in case anyone cares again) watched a darling movie (Tangled) and played a round of primal miniature golf (two holes in one!) and when Lady Friend got her own hole-in-one, she said demurely, "It is a statistical probability to make the hole at least once." and Gay Panda turned into a fourteen-year-old and cried, "THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!!"

And then we drove to a steakhouse for dinner since miniature golf really works up an appetite, and we were leery about a car in the next lane which was weaving here, there, and yonder. Lady Friend guessed that the driver was on the phone. I guessed that the driver was drunk. We were both wrong. Pulling up, we looked over to see the woman was picking her nose. With gusto.
    JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

• Hey, occasionally blowing your nose just doesn't work and you hafta go mining....
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
        Oh, I forgot to mention I read somewhere the other day a guy's rant about global warming. He was blaming it on daylight savings time. The gist of it was that when we added another hour of sunlight to the day, we added another hour of the sun heating up the atmosphere. Because, really, doesn't DST make it a 25 hour day?
        Ah, yes, there's an old Australian joke about how daylight savings makes your curtains fade ... at least I think most people realise it's a joke.
        I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Originally posted by Sigi View Post
          Ah, yes, there's an old Australian joke about how daylight savings makes your curtains fade ... at least I think most people realise it's a joke.
          I'm not sure Queenslanders do.
          My Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
            This is the best cause of global warming I have ever read!!!
            And so easy to fix! 60 years of 23 hour days, and we'll be back to normal.

Comment

• That DST/Global Warming thing makes me laugh... I guess Indiana and Arizona are exempt from the blame for global warming then as they don't participate in DST.

Speaking of which... when do we turn our hours back to the 25 hour day setting???
              Primal since March 5, 2012
              SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• no no... we are at the 25 hour day now. We return to standard (24) time soon... in November.

I kinda wish we could dump the whole DST thing anyway. High noon should just be high noon, and not 1pm during the summer. I hate that sundials are wrong half the year.

Comment

• If we turn the clocks back and hour, we're gaining an hour. Spring = forward, Fall = back. I consider that moving to a 25 hour day.

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                    If we turn the clocks back and hour, we're gaining an hour. Spring = forward, Fall = back. I consider that moving to a 25 hour day.
                    OK, so we turned the clocks forward on 3/11/12, and we'll turn them back 11/4/12. That's 239 days with the clock forward, where we lose an hour, and 126 days with the clock back where we gain an hour. That's 113 hours per year we end up losing. Almost five... whole... DAYS. Over the course of my life, I've already lost 226 days.

And you know who decided to implement DST? Huh? HUH? Not you and me. The GOVERNMENT. I demand to know what's happened to the 226 days the government has stolen from me. Where are they? What have they done to them? Can I get them back?

GIVE ME MY LIFE BACK, GUBMINT!!!!!

I coulda sworn there was still a half pound of bacon left in the fridge, too. I'm betting the GUBMINT got that somehow, along with my missing days. Crafty bastards.

Comment

• Originally posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
                      OK, so we turned the clocks forward on 3/11/12, and we'll turn them back 11/4/12. That's 239 days with the clock forward, where we lose an hour, and 126 days with the clock back where we gain an hour. That's 113 hours per year we end up losing. Almost five... whole... DAYS. Over the course of my life, I've already lost 226 days.

And you know who decided to implement DST? Huh? HUH? Not you and me. The GOVERNMENT. I demand to know what's happened to the 226 days the government has stolen from me. Where are they? What have they done to them? Can I get them back?

GIVE ME MY LIFE BACK, GUBMINT!!!!!

I coulda sworn there was still a half pound of bacon left in the fridge, too. I'm betting the GUBMINT got that somehow, along with my missing days. Crafty bastards.
                      lmfao that is too stinking funny.

Seriously? November 4th??? But I want my extra hour of sleep NOW dammit!!

Comment

• It ISN'T an "extra" hour of sleep. It is getting BACK the hour STOLEN from us by DST.

DST was trying to cram an extra hour of daylight into the business day. Actual standard time is going back to "normal".

Comment

• There is a large "human" sundial near the beach by my house (you stand where the line tells you to depending on the date and your shadow points to the correct time). Except that the damn thing is WRONG for the entire summer which is the only time that there is reliably sunshine for it to work, and tourists interested enough to stand on it. EVERY SINGLE TIME I walk by there I feel obligated to let the confused tourists standing on the thing, who are invariably going "Huh? But that isn't what time it is. Ed are you sure you're standing right? Move back a bit. No over there. Maybe put your arms out? I don't get this. Good thing we've got digital watches, ha ha ha" know what the deal is. Daylight savings, people. I'm sure you've heard of it. Sigh.

Comment

• GAY PANDA: Fight! Fight!! Fight!!!
                            REMORSE: For Valhallaís sake, donít encourage them!
                            RESOLVE: That tub of cracked mashed potatoes is so old that it has dinosaur fossils in it! No, Debauchery! Weíre not getting any of that!
                            DEBAUCHERY: WELL, YOUíD KNOW ALL ABOUT THAT TIME PERIOD!!! DIDNíT IT USED TO JUST BE YOU AND THE DINOSAURS AND THE CAVE PEOPLE ROAMING ANCIENT EARTH TOGETHER???
                            GAY PANDA: Plus one for age slur.
                            REMORSE: Minus one for historical accuracy.
                            RESOLVE: I have the Oscar tonight, not you! No potatoes! Hey! Give that Oscar back!

DEBAUCHERY: IíM IN CHARGE!!! IíM IN CHARGE!!! IíM IN CHARGE!!! WEíRE GETTING THIS WHOOPIE PIE WITH THE FROSTING COBWEB ON TOP AND THESE APPLE TURNOVERS AND---
                            RESOLVE: We are not! Hah, caught the turnovers!
                            DEBAUCHERY: YOU MISSED THE WHOOPIE PIE WITH THE FROSTING COBWEB!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! NOW, BACK TO THE POTATOES!!! HEY, NO HAIR PULLING---
                            GAY PANDA: Wow, this is getting physical.
                            REMORSE: Look at the potatoes while they scuffle, Panda. Just look at the crust.
                            GAY PANDA: That is kind of gross.
                            REMORSE: See how much easier this is when youíve eaten before you shop? You didnít have enough, but there is an inversely proportional relationship between how much you crave these things and how little youíve eaten for the day. So that is why the whoopie pie with the frosting cobweb landed in the cart, and also why you are walking past the potatoes without stopping.
                            GAY PANDA: Last time they were crunchy. I ate them and hated myself for doing it. Did Resolve just shove that Oscar where I think she shoved it?

DEBAUCHERY: OWWWWWW!!! THE ONE DAY I WASNíT WEARING UNDERWEAR!!!
                            RESOLVE: You never wear underwear! Crusty potatoes that have been sitting out for a million years arenít primal, dammit!
                            DEBAUCHERY: WHAT WOULD YOU KNOW ABOUT PRIMAL??? YOU TOLD GAY PANDA THAT YOU ACHIEVED YOUR SVELTE FIGURE THROUGH HEALTHY EATING AND EXERCISE, BUT WE ALL KNOW ITíS LIPO!!! AT LEAST IíM HONEST WITH PANDA THAT FLAB IS FAB AND IíM CERTAINLY NOT LACKING IN THE LOVE DEPARTMENT LIKE YOU ARE, YOU BONY BITC---
                            GAY PANDA: Ladies! I do try to maintain a PG rating for this journal, you know.
                            DEBAUCHERY: BUT THE END RESULT HERE IS THAT I HAVE THE OSCAR ON MY PERSON---
                            REMORSE: In your person, technically.
                            DEBAUCHERY: ---SO IíM IN CHARGE!!!
                            GAY PANDA: Plus one for Ďend resultí. Both disgusting and clever. No potatoes, Debauchery. Those really do look gross.
                            DEBAUCHERY: I HAVE THE OSCAR AND IíM IN CHARGE!!! POTATOES AND WEíLL GO BACK FOR THOSE TURNOVERS AND--- OOOOWWWWW!!!
                            REMORSE: And now Resolve has the Oscar again. Panda, letís just quit while weíre ahead. We can come back to the store another time and let you fail some brand new way.
                            GAY PANDA: You're so snide, Remorse. Wow, that was a clobber! Debauchery got it back. I think this week is going to be a draw in the food department.
                            REMORSE: Now theyíre both throwing things in the cart. A single licorice stick. A giant bag of lettuce. A chocolate bar. A container of beef stew meat. And- OWWWWWW! HEY!
                            GAY PANDA: Remorse has the Oscar! We're going home.

Comment

• Wow, it's just one of those news days that makes me want to turn off my computer. * passing out brain bleach to everyone *

Comment

• Duckies, if you need something to scream about this Halloween, duck over to STFU Parents and enjoy Fright Fest '12!!!!!

Be warned. Once you see the cake, you cannot un-see it.

Comment

Working...
                                X