No announcement yet.

Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newlifejourney, your one-handed firepole dismount made me flinch. OUCH.

I didn't explain well in earlier posts what happened on the scale after the bread incident. It was more than a pound. I'd been bouncing between 187.8-188.4 up to the Drive-By Breading. The next morning, off barely a mouthful of bread, I had jumped up over 190. This quickly reduced back to 189-190, but I have yet, a week later, to return to where I was before the bread.

Good luck on getting the job! Maybe you'll get to work with a Roger of your own.
    JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

• I thought I would throw this Panda-Sighting out there:
      There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

Comment

• I love that picture, Griffin!!! The best part is the "save me" look on the cub's face.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncephalized View Post
          I only floss when I have something stuck in my teeth that I can't get out. Otherwise it's occasional brushing only.

I think I only get things stuck in my bottom teeth because they're not perfectly straight. Nothing ever seems to get wedged in my uppers like that.
          How funny, I have the same issue. It's the lower teeth that need attention, never the upper.

Comment

• Gay Panda, your research on the Danish Fat Tax is brilliant and much more educated that anything I have read here. Sadly, Tosser Cameron is contemplating the same tax here in the UK. Well, his purse is empty after all. So cheers. Let's raise a glass to our health. I think I'll go out and get drunk.

Comment

• Originally posted by ItinerantChild View Post
              Gay Panda, your research on the Danish Fat Tax is brilliant and much more educated that anything I have read here. Sadly, Tosser Cameron is contemplating the same tax here in the UK. Well, his purse is empty after all. So cheers. Let's raise a glass to our health. I think I'll go out and get drunk.
              The research left me quite peeved over the several days that it took, because if you're going to pass legislation on nutrition, at least base it on sound science. It was quite frightening to see how many other countries are watching Denmark closely right now, and considering doing the same. My grocery bill is high enough, thank you!

Enjoy your booze; I'm headed out to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom Fright Fest to distract myself from the fat tax with rollercoasters and dorks in zombie makeup.

Comment

• Waving hi! (your Aquarian, INFP, squat-loving, non-furry friend)

BTW...bread is NOT Food.

Once I convinced myself of this, life was trés simple.
                Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
                Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
                Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

• ???

Comment

• Originally posted by Dragonfly View Post
                    Waving hi! (your Aquarian, INFP, squat-loving, non-furry friend)

BTW...bread is NOT Food.

Once I convinced myself of this, life was trés simple.
                    I should have known better than to visit his website. It just made me sad. Why can't I lose a pound a day? My scale hasn't budged for two weeks. In that time, I have had one mouthful of bread. So after reading his post, I'm having to remind myself that a one pound a day loss is a completely unreasonable expectation, since I am not made of Magic. He did seem to back off a bit in the later comments, saying the velocity of loss was contingent on other factors for some people.

What a thing to tell people! FAIL.

You're right, bread is not food. I told myself that at my restaurant dinner last night and didn't touch it.

Comment

• Dear Bread Pusher:

Thank you for calling today to ask if I was still on the no-flour diet, instead of just coming over with bread and bread-related items.

1. Um, if calling this a no-flour diet is the only way it makes sense to you, then yes, I am. I'm tired of explaining what it really is.
                      2. Yes, this means I won't be able to eat the baked goods you just made. They are made of flour. I am sure that they are delicious. But you can eat bread and stay 131 pounds. I eat bread and become 231 pounds. So I can't have them.

Yours truly,
                      Gay Panda

Comment

• You're right, bread is not food. I told myself that at my restaurant dinner last night and didn't touch it.
                        WIN! for Gay Panda!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dragonfly View Post
                          WIN! for Gay Panda!
                          It was a desperate battle. What an evil seductress that loaf of bread was! It was so much easier to turn away from the rice that unexpectedly came with my meal. I want to have the same meh reaction to bread that I do to rice.

Does anyone out there struggle with rice instead of bread?

Comment

• Gay Panda feels defective.

I have not read Wheat Belly, but I did read the doctor/author’s blog entry stating that the typical response to suddenly eliminating wheat from one’s diet is a weight loss of one pound a day. He has seen it happen lots of times. But I am not one of them.

Gay Panda can’t stand special snowflakes. This is because I belong to the unforgiving ranks of the relentlessly non-special, and it grates on me. Gay Panda tries to be honest about the panda flaws, and jealousy is one of them. I want to stand on the tallest platform accepting an Olympic gold. I want to rock out on a stage with thousands cheering and confetti cannons blasting. I want to be an entry in the encyclopedia under Panda, Gay. Why can’t I be like beleaguered Paris Hilton, constantly pulled over by sexy traffic cops who want to slip their phone numbers through the windshield? Is it so much to ask for this to happen just once? Life isn’t fair. (Note to sexy cops: Gay Panda drives a Prius.)

I’m just not special. Well, I am to Primal Coach Kitty, because I have opposable thumbs for the sole purpose of making her bacon. I’m special to Lady Friend, since no one else would make her push the cart in fear of imaginary swine flu and tell her than Oregon and organic mean more or less the same thing. But that’s about it. I matter in very small circles. I am not wildly gifted in any arena; I am not the exception to any rule. I’m just Gay Panda, who has to wait in line like everybody else.

I’ve spent years coming to terms with not being a special snowflake*. And with one blog entry, I’ve had that all stripped away. According to the post, I live in a world where the majority of people lose weight one pound a day, and I average about one pound a week, and for the last two weeks, no progress at all. But we all did the same thing: abruptly eliminate wheat from our diet. So why am I not rewarded? Why can’t I be one of the happy masses who steps on the scale every morning and sees a consistent, one-pound decline from day to day? Why do I have to be special?

I feel like I’m knocking on the door of some cool club and no one will let me in because I don’t know the password. The information that I should be losing this way makes me feel defeated. This is ridiculous, because I haven’t been. I’m just losing slowly. I can’t blame it on a thyroid condition or menopause. I’m not sneaking naughty non-foods. There is no reason that I shouldn’t be losing one pound a day. So either the fault lies with me in a way that I can’t put my finger upon, or the fault lies with the assertion that one pound a day is a normal rate of loss.

But Gay Panda is not a doctor. I don’t wear a snappy white lab coat and hold up test tubes to the light at a prestigious research facility by day, and wear a cape flying about the world solving medical mysteries at night with Primal Coach Kitty as my sidekick. My highest degree is a bachelor’s in ancient languages, not science. So what do I know? Just my body, which is defective when propped up next to all the others who lose a pound with the regularity that they change their underwear**.

I don’t want to be this kind of special snowflake. I want to think of my body as being normal, not malfunctioning, so I am going to dismiss what the doctor/author of this blog said as absolutely insane in order to protect my mental health. I am trying my damnedest to lose weight, and my body does not comply on my schedule. Lately, it hasn’t complied on any schedule. I read this blog post at a bad time, because I am trying to be patient with a body that isn’t willing to lose right now.

One pound a day! It sounds like a fantasy. I want to say that I hope it is, but that’s cruel. If some of you reading this ARE losing a pound a day, I am genuinely happy for you***. I wish that I could get an invitation to your club. But it turns out that I may be a special snowflake after all.

Comment

• UPDATE: (in explanation of *, **, and ***)

* Oh, I misunderstood the term? I know. This is tongue-in-cheek. ☺

** Obviously, this does not apply to our friend Roger.

*** For those of you with a minute to spare, would you take part in a completely scientific study on Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS? I am curious to know at what rate you are losing weight. Are you part of the Revered One Pound A Day Club? Or are you standing forlornly outside the door like Gay Panda, averaging one a week? Maybe you’re losing even more slowly than that, or not at all like Lady Friend (which is why she’s doing Atkins Induction now). How alike or how different are we?

Comment

• I do not lose at the rate of a pound a day...not even close, and I am pretty strict. Like you, my weight went up a few pounds. My bump up started a few days before your bread incident, and has just finally in the last three days started to come back down. Still .9 of a pound to go just to be back to where I was. So cutting out wheat is not a miracle cure, as the blog might try to make one believe. Some weeks I make progress and some weeks I don't. I would say on average, I have been losing about a pound a week since I got really strict, but I am down to my last 10 lbs, so those will probably take even longer.
                                I think each person is different...I have read a lot of blogs on here and for a rare few, the weight just seems to fly off of them. Most seem to have slow but steady progress with plateaus, which seems to be where we both fit. And unfortunately some, such as Lady Friend, seem to struggle to lose weight no matter what they eat or don't.

Comment

Working...
                                X