No announcement yet.

Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cori, I am envious of your misspent youth.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Owly View Post
      Cori, I am envious of your misspent youth.

I'm of the opinion that everyone deserves at least a few good misspent years to reminisce fondly from a rocking chair at some point... and possibly embarrass everyone in their family with by having a touch of 'senility'(mock) and telling at odd times. You know... like huge family anniversary or birthday parties.
      “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
      ~Friedrich Nietzsche
      And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Mine involved fewer exchange students, but I lived in a punk collective for a while.
        “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• Well, I WOULD have been here today, but Lady Friend got on my case about updating my other blog. So, Lady Friend, I wrote you a long story that will give you sad faces on your feelings charts about when I was working as a one-on-one aide with students who had autism. And also the GFCF diet, which I had to explain to you, since you thought the C stood for Carbohydrate.
          JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
            Well, I WOULD have been here today, but Lady Friend got on my case about updating my other blog.
            Loved the story on your blog. Had missed seeing you there.
            Female 55
            Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
            Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• I'm happy you enjoyed it! That was one of my most surreal moments in teaching, when a student who hadn't responded in any way, shape, or form for nearly the year in which I'd known him was suddenly there, albeit briefly. I wish he had stayed on GFCF longer.

Comment

• Today's Q: 192.0

Apparently, the Fairy of Debauchery needs to do the shopping for me more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Owly View Post
                  Mine involved fewer exchange students, but I lived in a punk collective for a while.
                  Ha!
                  Excellent...
                  Now I'm envious of your misspent youth as well.
                  “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                  ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Today's Q: 192.4

Go the OTHER direction!

Comment

• *sigh*

I was on the verge of my own mental crisis anger/sadness journal rant concerning the autoimmune issues and decided to read your blog instead Panda...

Oh Panda!

I cried.
                      ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                        *sigh*

I was on the verge of my own mental crisis anger/sadness journal rant concerning the autoimmune issues and decided to read your blog instead Panda...

Oh Panda!

I cried.
                        NOOOOO!!!! Don't cry!!!!

(Sometimes teaching made me want to cry, especially that year with the horrible teacher Mrs. Woodpecker. No, contrary to what she believed, talking more to a child with autism DOES NOT CURE his autism! Who would have thought?!? And every morning when the bus arrived, she hid in the back room because she didn't want to deal with the children.)

Comment

• Dearest Lady Friend,

Being of Swedish heritage, I agree that we aren't the most sociable of folk and I liked article in The Local. However, I looked at the link today because I was a bit behind in my panda stalking. While reading the article, I see that today is Kanelbullens Dag.... that translates out to Cinnamon Bun Day... a mass celebration of all things cinnamon bun... and now all I want are real homemade cinnamon buns...... evil Lady Friend... so evil...
                          ~Kelly

"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks"
                          -John Muir

Comment

• It's OK... I was kind of reading your blog to try to avoid crying anyway.

What I wrote before should have read "I was on the verge of my own mental crisis anger/sadness journal rant concerning [discovering my own] autoimmune issues... "

I just feel so LIED to...
                            And I was kind of hit in the face with it the past couple of days.
                            Not just my current "Brain" problems that I'm now approaching with LC/VLC (which seems to be working!)...
                            But my much older nerve disease... I dug around and checked into it more and found that it's linked to AUTOIMMUNE now.
                            I was always told it was nothing like that.
                            I lost so many years of my life... to so much pain... and it could have been that simple?
                            Or at least that could have helped tremendously.

It's a weird day.

And I'm sorry, but "diet changes" are not too hard. Being trapped by illness and a body that has reactions you have no control over is HARD!
                            If only that boy could have been well long enough to show or tell her so...
                            Last edited by cori93437; 10-04-2012, 01:40 PM.
                            ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Originally posted by scarabnight View Post
                              Dearest Lady Friend,

Being of Swedish heritage, I agree that we aren't the most sociable of folk and I liked article in The Local. However, I looked at the link today because I was a bit behind in my panda stalking. While reading the article, I see that today is Kanelbullens Dag.... that translates out to Cinnamon Bun Day... a mass celebration of all things cinnamon bun... and now all I want are real homemade cinnamon buns...... evil Lady Friend... so evil...
                              Mwahahahahaha!!! You've discovered my evil plans!!!

Up with buns! Up with cinnamon!
                              Got Panda? Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and now Pandaloonery!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lady Friend View Post

Up with buns! Up with cinnamon!
                                And there goes my mind right into the gutter....
                                ~Kelly

"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks"
                                -John Muir

Comment

Working...
                                X