No announcement yet.

Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found it hard to interpret Shakespeare in high school. It felt like a book of riddles that I wasn't smart enough to get.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Nerd-fession: I was in the Shakespeare club in high school.
      “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
        It still makes me want to punch her in the throat every time I hear it...
        Well, I was thinking of something in the throat, but I digress.
        Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
        I like it b/c it's peppy, happy and the "I talked to your dad, go pick out a white dress" part makes my heart bubble and eyes tear. I love that part. It says that love can win.
        It also says "I don't care enough to ask you to marry me, but since you're pregnant, I talked to your dad and he said you better go get an off-white dress."
        If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
          I found it hard to interpret Shakespeare in high school. It felt like a book of riddles that I wasn't smart enough to get.
          Most school's nowadays recommend the books where on the left page is the original text and on the right page is either a modern translation or a lexicon for helping the kids understand. That's what mine recommended.
          (Granted, that's not what I got, because my parents had a heavy leatherette bound Complete Works of Shakespeare and I got handed that. I learned to read Middle English because I didn't have a choice not to.)
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
          My Latest Journal

Comment

• * embarrassed cough *

I hated Shakespeare in high school. I sneaked to the bookstore and bought myself the Cliffs Notes, and that was all I read.

However, I did attend the Oregon Shakespeare Festival as an adult and enjoyed that very much.
            JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

• I guess part of me knew she got knocked up and they were finally going to get married... now I have to listen to it again.

I have a bad habit of liking a song for the way it sounds and not necessarily for the lyrics.

Comment

• Ah yes... Scarlet Letter...

Don't be afraid, we'll make it out of this mess...

yes, the writing is on the wall now... I'm so clueless sometimes...

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                  Ah yes... Scarlet Letter...

Don't be afraid, we'll make it out of this mess...

yes, the writing is on the wall now... I'm so clueless sometimes...
                  I actually have no clue what you're talking about. I just made up the part about her being pregnant, just to be funny. I think I caused you to read too much into it.
                  If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

• successful troll
                    beautiful
                    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                    lol

Comment

• No, i think it's really there. Again, I couldn't riddle Shakespeare growing up... it's only logical that I can't riddle through music either... lol

Comment

• Sometimes I read the Kindle Free 100 book description blurbs just to give myself pain.

Today's findings:

1. Duckie, a random splash of dialogue from your novel is not a book description. I don't know who these people are or why they are talking about comic book heroes, and I don't care. MAKE ME CARE. That's what a book description is FOR.

2. I hate when people say their book is "approximately 68,934 words long". Darling, that is not an approximate number.

3. Listing your characters is also not a description. "My novel INSERT HERE stars a wonky waitress, a lovable pup, two horny college students, and the mailman Joe!"

4. ZOMG, you published HALF of a book? Because you're still writing the second half? FAIL FAIL FAIL.

5. And here we have the opposite of #1, a blurb that contains no characters at all. Wow.

Comment

• my god you're judgemental, up there high on your tippy toes throne seat of smugness

THOSE SOUND LIKE THE GREATEST STORIES EVER TOLD!!11111!!1!1@2345
                          beautiful
                          yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                          lol

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                            my god you're judgemental, up there high on your tippy toes throne seat of smugness

THOSE SOUND LIKE THE GREATEST STORIES EVER TOLD!!11111!!1!1@2345
                            I love you.

Comment

• ditto
                              beautiful
                              yeah you are

lol

Comment

• #4 is my favorite. Half the book. This person wrote half the book and hit publish. NONONO.

Comment

Working...
                                X