Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPDATE: (in explanation of **)

** How did I get a paper cut when I write on a laptop, you ask? I don't know either.
    JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
      And now for an episode of Cooking FABULOUSLY with Gay Panda:

Since NaNoWriMo continues to run my life, children, we'll keep this cooking lesson short.

Never make Pork Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Peppers with a paper cut.

That is all.*
      A friend of mine once cut some hot peppers and then later that evening touched her ladybits. 'Nuff said.

And no, by "a friend" I do not mean myself. Although it may only be by pure luck that I haven't done something similar.
      “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• Yeah, habanero poppers, while very tasty, are not conducive to removing contacts or later pleasurable activities.
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Ohhh... pepper stories!

Once, long ago I was making a pot of white beans.
          As any good "southern girl" knows, one must season a pot of white beans with several things... including one dried red chili pepper.
          Well, as a good industrious "southern girl" I grew my own in the garden, and strung them by hand to dry for storage...
          When one was needed you just snipped it away from the string.
          Then snipped it into the pot... with kitchen scissors.
          This had always been the way.
          Does anyone see the problem?

Those scissors caught the edge of a seed, and flipped it up... into my EYE!
          Where it stuck. While I screamed.
          And jumped up and down flapping my hands.
          And told people "Don't you DARE touch me!!!"
          At some point I stuck my head in the sink and turned the faucet on aimed right at my eye.
          But, I eventually had to pry my own eye open, with my hands shaking, and dig that seed out.
          Ouch.

I stopped snipping those dammed peppers with SCISSORS!

Also... Panda... Stop by my Journal and commiserate with me on my lack of joyous carbohydrate options.
          “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
          ~Friedrich Nietzsche
          And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Owly View Post
            A friend of mine once cut some hot peppers and then later that evening touched her ladybits. 'Nuff said.

And no, by "a friend" I do not mean myself. Although it may only be by pure luck that I haven't done something similar.
            oh my. i've done that.
            my primal journal:
            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• Yeah... peppers. Gotta love them.

Papercuts. Hate them. They just happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Owly View Post
                Yeah, I had a friend who had the same experience. Her girlfriend had to run a bathtub full of cold water for her to sit in for a while, to recover. Well, at least that's what they did once the (frightfully sympathetic, I'm sure) gales of hysterical laughter at the victim's plight had abated.
                I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Comment

• If you've read/watched the movie of Stephen King's 'Dolan's Cadillac', you would be looking at that road construction in Nevada in a completely different way. Be glad you made it through alive! (Not that I think you have mob affiliations.)

Blackbird- for the first time, I am tempted by creme eggs. I blame YOU!

Comment

• Huh. Now I have a legitmate reason to support my dislike of peppers. They're dangerous!
                    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• Originally posted by goldie View Post
                      gp, what do you read to curb carb cravings? I imagine that the donner party snacks were pretty lean and definitely no-carb.
                      lol.

Comment

• How GP feels after a potato binge:
                        Depression Lies

Comment

• Tonight I was wondering why the first bite of the roast I made was so resistant to prolonged chewing, and then I realized I'd left the string on it.

#pandafail
                          #problemsolved
                          #honestyisn'tflattering

Comment

• I've done the very same thing GP and made a chicken without taking the insides out. You just hope that these little learning curves are when you are dining without company!
                            Female 55
                            Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                            Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Well, it's Q Time.

I almost couldn't bring myself to visit Satan's Scale this morning. Instead I stayed in bed and read the news and tried to sleep more. For a while I was successful at sleeping, but then I had to get up to let the Death Eaters out of their coop. All three of them hexed me on their way out. Imperio is holding a grudge because yesterday I threw some crab pieces into the yard to see if the chickens would eat them, but I didn't look where I was throwing and pegged Imperio squarely on the noggin with a crab leg. Then Avada Kedavra grabbed the leg and ran away.

But I said that I would weigh myself on September 1st, and sadly, it is September 1st. I stepped upon the scale and hoped the road trip hadn't shot me past 200 again, and I was pleasantly surprised to see my current Q is only 197.4.

We will ignore that I am still heavier than when I started this journal a year ago. IGNORE.

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                                How GP feels after a potato binge:
                                YES, this is EXACTLY how I feel after a potato binge!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X