No announcement yet.

Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was the kid that would filch grapes from produce and eat them right there. Washing up was an afterthought in our house unless you were noticably filthy or it was bath time.
    Geek has caught that I forgot to turn the oven off after baking something or the burner was just BARELY turned on (stupid electric stove.) I rarely wash my hands unless I handle meat or go to the bathroom. I never scrub fruits or veggies, greens get a bath to get the dirt off them.
    I don't worry about what I might catch something from the ijit that had the handbasket before me because germs don't last that long on a dry, room temperature surface and if they do, I don't lick my hands anyways.
    What does worry me? Turning at a light, stop sign, or out of a parking lot. Too many ijits that won't hang up the damn phone or quit swatting the kids long enough to see my little grey car. Too much oilfield trash that has the reaction time of my dead grandmother from lack of sleep and gratuitous alcohol the night before. Too many assholes in pickups that don't know the laws of momentum. Too many special little snowflakes that think the stoplight/ stop sign/ traffic rules can't possibly apply to them.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
      i also triple check that i turned computer stuff off, double check that i turned the stove off/locked doors/locked car doors & pat my pocket every so often to be sure my phone didn't fall out mysteriously

cocaine can only fix so much
      LOLOLOL.

I'm also a pocket patter. That sounds so X-rated. But I'm just convinced my wallet has fallen out by some mysterious means.
      JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

• Originally posted by ottercat View Post
        or was there?
        New Strain of Swine Flu on the Rise | Healthland | TIME.com

you could keep some Wet Wipes in the car or on your person. When japanese people get home, they immediately wash their hands and gargle. Also, it's perfectly acceptable to wear those masks in public, especially in crowded places. Pandaland!
        NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Every time I consider buying Wet Wipes for this reason, I think that I'm giving in to the OCD. And then everyone at Whole Foods will know I have it.

Comment

• If I saw you wipe off the Trader Joe's basket handle, using the wipes that they provide right there, I would just think that you were prudent. Lots of people do that, especially during cold/flu season.

Now, if I saw you wearing latex gloves while shopping, I might wonder a little...

Have you seen "As Good As It Gets"? (that one annoys me. Part of me KNOWS the question mark goes inside the quotes, but the other part says "that isn't the question - the question is outside the quotes") Anyway, I love that movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by RaeVynn View Post
            Have you seen "As Good As It Gets"? (that one annoys me. Part of me KNOWS the question mark goes inside the quotes, but the other part says "that isn't the question - the question is outside the quotes") Anyway, I love that movie.
            One of the many subtle differences between UK and US English - the Brits punctuate like that. Perhaps you're a closet anglo?
            I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• buuuuuuuurn
              beautiful
              yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
              lol

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                hahahahahaha (going back to fix that because there were 2 h's in a row... sigh)

Panda, I always put the lowest weight in, and I never enter a higher one. IOW, if I weigh 145 on Monday, that's what I put in my (albeit written) journal. If I bounce around 145-148 for the next week or two or three, I keep entering 145. Eventually it goes down again. It's a cheat I guess, but I know I'm doing it, so if I see that I've been the same weight for 4+ weeks, I know I'm screwing up and need to see what I'm doing wrong (read: drinking too much).
                I have an app that graphs it 'cause I'm nerdy like that. I like being able to see the overall downward trend even when there are little bumps up now and then.
                “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
                  One of the many subtle differences between UK and US English - the Brits punctuate like that. Perhaps you're a closet anglo?
                  No, even in North American English usage, if it's the title of something and does not originally include the punctuation mark in question, the punctuation goes on the outside of the quotation marks.

</editorial pedantry>
                  “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• You should get a small container of antibacterial hand gel and one of the blinged out holders for it that you could clip onto a belt loop or bag - Bath & Body Works has some great ones. That way you could clean your hands after touching carts and baskets.

Comment

• Today's Q: 196.6

Comment

• And this is how you celebrate that?

How I feel about everything and everyone on Monday morning - Imgur.

Bad Panda. (Congrats on going the right direction, though)
                        http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• Originally posted by drssgchic View Post
                          And this is how you celebrate that?

How I feel about everything and everyone on Monday morning - Imgur.

Bad Panda. (Congrats on going the right direction, though)
                          LOL. Thanks! I wanted to write more, but I leave for the magical land of Nebraska tomorrow and I have to get the oil changed in my car. And pack. And vacuum. And clean up the kitchen and bathroom and take out the trash. (I hate coming home to a messy house.) And write two thousand words. And have Torture Time on the Treadmill with my antagonist Dingleberry Squirrel. So I stared at an empty post for a few minutes and just gave up on it.

Why after so many days of high fat did I wake up thinking yum, let's have cinnamon toast for breakfast!!!
                          Last edited by Gay Panda; 08-21-2012, 09:34 AM. Reason: Clarification: did not have cinnamon toast for breakfast

Comment

• This one actually makes me think of you MissDrssgchic...

Hope all is better soon! {{{hugs}}}
                            “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                            ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                            And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• I like to change my bedsheets before a trip, too. along with the rest of the clean house, I love to crawl into a fresh, neat bed when I get home.

Alas, I have not been on an overnight trip anywhere for awhile. And, right now, I'm supposed to be studying. So, I'll go do that. GP, you have a great day getting ready for your trip!

Comment

• Gay Panda- *sees squirrelless fencepost in my mind and wonders why you gave up on it?* Travel safe!

Cori- Yes! Oh yes! Particularly this morning when we had to take chats even though the update to our system for accessing accounts broke the system so we couldn't do anything. However, I have pretty much totally given in to channel fever/senioritis until it's over. Just a couple more weeks. Woo hoo!
                                http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

Working...
                                X