Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We all play head games.

OCD is nothing but head games. Intellectually, I knew that there was no swine flu on my hands from carrying the basket at Trader Joe’s on Saturday. But what one knows in the cool, rational part of one’s brain does not always mesh with the rough-and-tumble of one’s emotional part, and I sat in the car not wanting to touch anything and spread germs around. Again, I knew there was nothing there, and I had a long internal conversation about how stupid it was. But the creepy feeling persisted, and it was going to be a half hour or more before I could get home to the sink. So I wiped my hands on Lady Friend’s sleeve and said, “There, now YOU have swine flu instead.” Then she gave me the look. I still wanted to wash off, but some of the agitation faded.

Sometimes having a journal in which one strives for absolute honesty is very embarrassing.

There was nothing on my hands and nothing transferred to Lady Friend’s sleeve, but it’s a head game that allowed me to continue on through the errands without obsessing. Sometimes I win the battle; sometimes I lose. That was obviously a loss. I also play head games with Q when it’s being annoying, like today when I got up to a Q of 197.6. My body is still sad about that stupid one cup of rice. And this was annoying, so I got on the treadmill for an Hour of Pain and listened to Katy Perry and Evanescence and Glee and watched Dingleberry Squirrel* run around the fence and stare through the window at me. Then I weighed myself again and was 196.4.

I have no idea which one to enter into my iPhone app, the sad one or the happy one, but I like 196.4 much better regardless.
    JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

• UPDATE: (in explanation of *)

* You can guess why he has this name.

Comment

• up til not so long ago, i had a pretty high level of OCD running thru my veins

food not touching, frequent hand washing, putting things down in the same spots, needing things a certain way, nothing covering windows, turning cans around to face the same direction at the store, not liking lotion on my body, etc etc etc. i even bleached my mom's counters out of fear and agitation when she joked about the food she'd canned having botulism

it's calmed down a lot over the last few years

all i have to do is snort 15 pounds of coke a day
        beautiful
        yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
        lol

Comment

• Originally posted by RaeVynn View Post
          RE: OCD. I actually have CDO, which is like OCD, only the letters are in alphabetical order, as they are supposed to be!
          +1

Comment

• all i have to do is snort 15 pounds of coke a day
            hahahahahaha (going back to fix that because there were 2 h's in a row... sigh)

Panda, I always put the lowest weight in, and I never enter a higher one. IOW, if I weigh 145 on Monday, that's what I put in my (albeit written) journal. If I bounce around 145-148 for the next week or two or three, I keep entering 145. Eventually it goes down again. It's a cheat I guess, but I know I'm doing it, so if I see that I've been the same weight for 4+ weeks, I know I'm screwing up and need to see what I'm doing wrong (read: drinking too much).
            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• i also triple check that i turned computer stuff off, double check that i turned the stove off/locked doors/locked car doors & pat my pocket every so often to be sure my phone didn't fall out mysteriously

cocaine can only fix so much
              beautiful
              yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
              lol

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                But, oh the things that it can fix.
                If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

• Originally posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
                    If you had posted that two more times I would have been worried about you Booter.

My high isn't quite that HIGH. But it's fun.
                    Except that it made me notice that my house is/was dusty... dammit!
                    The brain fog of illness was helping me avoid the dust... I HATE dusting.
                    And yet... I'm doing it?!
                    It's a miracle boys and girls...
                    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Ugh, I wouldn't like that flavor. The one that tempts me most is the overly sweet, very disgusting, yet somehow strongly addictive Cake Batter. I don't let myself buy it, because control goes right out the window with that one.

Comment

• There was nothing on my hands and nothing transferred to Lady Friend’s sleeve, but it’s a head game that allowed me to continue on through the errands without obsessing.
                        or was there?
                        New Strain of Swine Flu on the Rise | Healthland | TIME.com

you could keep some Wet Wipes in the car or on your person. When japanese people get home, they immediately wash their hands and gargle. Also, it's perfectly acceptable to wear those masks in public, especially in crowded places. Pandaland!
                        Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
                        Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
                        "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

Comment

• antibacterial wipes wipedown of all handles?
                          beautiful
                          yeah you are

lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
                            Ugh, I wouldn't like that flavor. The one that tempts me most is the overly sweet, very disgusting, yet somehow strongly addictive Cake Batter. I don't let myself buy it, because control goes right out the window with that one.
                            The Malt makes it very SWEET... the malt makes it nostalgic, and the heath bar is nostalgic... but the coffee and whiskey caramel is a twist... I LOVE it. Gotta NOT buy it!
                            Especially since this morning my Q was ONLY 1.8lbs over "new low" despite "non-Primal" Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday!
                            I was a Bad, BAD girl... but "bad" didn't come in large portions due to cruddy appetite/nausea issues.
                            Husband is in love with/addicted to New York Super Fudge Chunk.
                            I play that game too!
                            But have "won" selection rights the last couple times ice cream has been purchased, cause of sickness woes.

Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                            antibacterial wipes wipedown of all handles?
                            I carry the wipes... *hangs head in shame*

However... the other day I had heard that people died from eating cantaloupes... and had the sudden urge to buy one just to SHOW the world!
                            Last edited by cori93437; 08-20-2012, 11:28 AM.
                            “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                            ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                            And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

double check that i turned the stove off/locked doors/locked car doors & pat my pocket every so often to be sure my phone didn't fall out mysteriously

Huh. I do those things be cause I'm a flake/klutz/scatterbrained and I have walked away from turned on stoves. In college, it also took me about 30 seconds to lose my keys after I walked into a room
                              http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• For me to get addicted to ice cream, I think it would have to come in flavors like "pepperoni and fresh mozzarella," or "camembert sourdough bread chunk." While sweets can definitely get me going, I'm more likely to binge on something like cheese and briney olives than cheese cake. Ooh, how 'bout a lox and goat cheese flavored ice cream? heh.

I don't do the wipes thing, but I do scrub up after a trip to a public place. Especially if I've touched shopping carts.... babies drool on those things.
                                Last edited by JoanieL; 08-20-2012, 11:36 AM.
                                "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Working...
                                X