No announcement yet.

Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• perhaps - if clothes still fit - you're building muscle? peeps have been buying books and you have said you're pounding the treadmill more often...
    I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
      GP, if you're ever interested, I'm sure many of your journal readers would not mind taking a peek at your diet to see if there's something that seems very amiss. It could, of course, be one of those lovely things like hormone, adrenal, or thyroid issues, but I always find that barring unusual symptoms, it's best to act like ones body is not out to get them. I hope you feel better soon!
      Thanks, namelesswonder!

I tried to up the fat intake today in case this is aggravated by some random water retention. The data from Handy Dandy iPhone App:

1452 Calories
      Breakfast: string cheese, two eggs, two small sausages
      Lunch: Deeply Resented Salad and a 4 oz. hamburger patty
      Dinner: pork chop and 4 oz. heavy cream (I love heavy cream)
      1 hour of walking/jogging to the melancholy music of Evanescence followed by dreaded PT exercises for arthritis/scoliosis/whiplash
      JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

• Originally posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
        GP, what's your bamboo* intake?

*just kidding, and I think the * is what makes your posts awesomer than other people's posts.
        LOL. I probably don't eat enough bamboo.

Comment

• hmmm... one wonders if my idea behind Panda's gender was wrong given some recent posts...
          Primal since March 5, 2012
          SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
            Can I ask your height? I know I don't know your gender, and won't attempt to guess, but maybe if you're tall-ish (taller than me anyway) you're actually where you're supposed to be weight-wise?

Maybe you could ask those wonderfully helpful people on the nutrition board*. Of course, I did about that part. Idk... but if it makes you feel any better, I've been stuck after great, steady, PREDICTABLE weight loss for 3 weeks now. Not a single loss of a single pound in 3 weeks. Depressing, so I know your struggles.

*Grizz will tell you more iodine and sex with him will do the trick.
            UGH. Yeah, I don't think doubling/tripling/quadrupling my iodine and entertaining him in my bedroom will do the trick. GROSS. I am sorry that every time an intelligent conversation begins in the iodine threads, he returns and blows it all to pieces. Dissension and discussion ARE NOT TROLLING!!!

I'm 5'9" and border on the small/medium frame size. 231, 201, 179 are all too much poundage on me.

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
              perhaps - if clothes still fit - you're building muscle? peeps have been buying books and you have said you're pounding the treadmill more often...
              There is zero percent chance of muscle, sadly. I have to go easy on the treadmill so I don't aggravate old injuries.

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                *sits in with commiscerative head nods about the ever dumb Q quotients*
                * head nods back *

F*ck you, Q.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
                  There is zero percent chance of muscle, sadly. I have to go easy on the treadmill so I don't aggravate old injuries.
                  Are you tracking any other measurements except weight? My clothes are getting looser, but the scale hasn't shifted so some body recomposition must be going on (and like you I would assume there was zero chance that I could be building muscle, but what other option is there?)
                  You have my sympathy that the scale is being evil.
                  I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• I'm 5'4". As a woman, I will have to be 174 to reach "overweight". At 5'9", 179 is barely overweight. 201 is also in the "overweight" category... So, the good news is that you're not obese!!! YAY PANDA! It's hard to imagine a panda that's not round!

Anyway, hang in there Panda.

In regard to the iodine thread, maybe the next one should be entitled something having nothing to do with iodine so he's not tempted.
                    Primal since March 5, 2012
                    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• If you are a man I would recommend IF. But if you are a woman, not so much.
                      Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
                      5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
                      Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
                      TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
                      bloodorchid is always right

Comment

• *sidles up to GP, takes panda paw in kitty paw and gently squeezes*

Thank you for sharing that, brave Panda. It makes me feel less alone about my epic Primal fail of late. I have inexplicably put on a stone in the last couple of months, and it's a bit frightening and I don't know what to do next. The more I read (and I read waaaaay too many Paleo blogs) the more overwhelmed with conflicting information I become.

I'm sorry, I wish I had some wise suggestions, but all I can offer is empathy and support and fluffy kitteh hugs.
                        I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Comment

• I've figured it out. It's bone.

Our bones have all been so weak and frail from eating CW, that now that we are Primal, after our initial weight losses, our bodies have discovered food for our BONES! We are busy building up bone matter, strengthening our frames, getting tough and strong on the inside.

Bones weigh a lot, you know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
                            * head nods back *

F*ck you, Q.
                            That's exactly what I say during Scrabble.
                            If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

• Originally posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
                              That's exactly what I say during Scrabble.
                              Q isn't the issue. It's that damn X.
                              Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

• My thought on the menu is that it could be dairy (though you don't seem to be having much) and a larger breakfast might help. I know, more food doesn't really make sense, but some people seem to need to keep at "maintenance" calories in order to lose, not at deficit.
                                Depression Lies

Comment

Working...
                                X