Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by drssgchic View Post
    No. Just no. If pants drape, then they don't fit right. I hate that description and refuse to use it. Even for the purpose of mocking. I will also not be using "down there" or "doing it." Because reverting to highschool is one thing. Reverting to middle school is just to painful to contemplate.

Oh, oh! My "ethnic friend" is a Black Irish boy named Joseph (They already took Native American and Hispanic, so that limited the black-haired people I could describe easily. And I've always like the look of the black Irish)
    I just wrote in my journal the other day about the hip draping thing... I was throwing away too big pants/sweatpants *cue party* and noted that they "draped from my hips" in a way that was not at all sexy... but in fact schlepy and baggy and unkempt.
    Now every time I read that description I think of those sagging ass sweats I tossed.
    I had to toss some jeans that were doing the same... draping from the hips... and creating a weird sagging crotch way LOWER than where my happy place really is.
    Not sexy at all!
    Last edited by cori93437; 07-30-2012, 01:30 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• I think of a friend I had in highschool every time I read that. He was a runner. Cute as hell, but his pants draped because he had no ass. None. I know Christian's policy is hands off, but it'd be nice to pretend there's something grabbable
      http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

I know Christian's policy is hands off, but it'd be nice to pretend there's something grabbable
        wait, she wasn't allowed to touch his body? what's the point of sex without skin on skin?
        my primal journal:
        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• Gravyboat- think it works?

The next day, we were short staffed, but it was slow enough that I was handling everything up front on my own when he walked in. He was wearing his usual starched button-down shirt and slacks that were sensuously poly-blend, yet sensibly machine-washable. They fit too well to be anything but unfair. The bold green of his shirt really brought out the red in his hair. I liked it. Then I reminded myself that my opinion of his wardrobe really didn’t matter.

I liked it anyway.

Saoirse- he could touch her, but she couldn't touch back. It was proof that he was just a damaged little boy that needed to be loved and catered to. (Did I just type that with a straight face?)
          http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Comment

• I am appeased.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Comment

• Panda? GayPanda? Where are you? Don't be scared. Come out and play.

Comment

he could touch her, but she couldn't touch back. It was proof that he was just a damaged little boy that needed to be loved and catered to. (Did I just type that with a straight face?)
                I don't know if you typed it with a straight face, but I certainly didn't read it with one.
                JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                  You featured in my dreams last night, GayPanda.

I was at the movies and saw a poster of a coming attraction: a fresh green bamboo forest, definitely magical, with a glowing pale yellow center. Along the bottom ran the words: Based on the graphic novel, 'If it is raining pandas, dear Valhalla, please let it be GayPanda'.

I immediately ran to the MDA forum, which in the dream seemed to be a physical place, and Lady Friend conformed that, yes, there was indeed there was a book AND a movie coming out, based on your journal musings. She also let slip your gender (I was right, but had to nonchalantly care that I didn't care that I was such a great guesser.)
                  LOL to this whole post. What's also funny is that Lady Friend almost did let slip my gender in a post recently, but she caught it right before hitting reply.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                    Panda? GayPanda? Where are you? Don't be scared. Come out and play.
                    I'm here, I'm here, I'm here!!!

I wanted to see if it was possible to write a horror trilogy over the summer, one in June, one in July, and one in August. So I vanished. It WAS possible in June since the first volume of the series was only 65,000 words, but sadly, it was NOT possible in July. 31 days, 90,000 words, and the second volume still has two and a half chapters to go. Oh well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post

I wanted to see if it was possible to write a horror trilogy over the summer, one in June, one in July, and one in August. So I vanished. It WAS possible in June since the first volume of the series was only 65,000 words, but sadly, it was NOT possible in July. 31 days, 90,000 words, and the second volume still has two and a half chapters to go. Oh well.
                      Did you honestly try and write three books in three months (or have I missed something by just finding your log now)?

Richard
                      It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Comment

• Oh, Richardmac! The joys of discovering GayPanda when there are 420 pages to read! Makes me want to go back and start over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Richardmac View Post
                          Did you honestly try and write three books in three months (or have I missed something by just finding your log now)?
                          Yes, I did. It was going along just fine in June, but the second volume turned out much longer than expected! I'll need another week to finish it before launching into volume three.

Comment

• I know....Iv got to go out soon, or I would settle down for the emotional roller coaster that would surely follow if I was to start from page one.

Thats very impressive. Im just starting to hash out ideas for book one (well, I have begun book one with my wife, but book 2 is on different subject matter)....tips?

Richard
                            It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post

*in silent awe of your ability to do that*

Comment

• Originally posted by Richardmac View Post
                                Im just starting to hash out ideas for book one (well, I have begun book one with my wife, but book 2 is on different subject matter)....tips?
                                Is it nonfiction? The only nonfiction I've ever done was my Very Boring Senior Thesis to earn an overpriced and rarely helpful degree, so I am not remotely qualified to give tips on that subject.

As to fiction, what allows me to write quickly (and hopefully well) is an outline. Some people write just fine without one, but I can't. I require at least a rough outline of where the book is going and how it ends. I also spend a lot of time on character sketches. The voice of a character flows from the sketch, and when I notice that dialogue is going slowly, it's usually because I need to return to the sketch and flesh the person out more.

Comment

Working...
                                X