No announcement yet.

Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been surprised by some of the threads on this site. People seem to get their cavemen panties in quite a primal bundle over some pretty small details.

Isn't everything just a bit easier to swallow if you have a sense of humor? Your journal is the best example. We are all just flailing/grokking/chugging along trying to figure it all out.

I wanted to comment yesterday that separating exercise from weight loss has been the same struggle as separating food from emotional fulfillment. For me, food used to equal comfort/love/everything I wanted but didn't have. After much time and work, I can say I do eat more for nutrition and fuel than the black hole of unmet needs. Exercise has also become a means of feeling alive than a vehicle to losing fat. When I walk, kayak, do yoga, I feel amazing. I have up any and all activity that didn't make me feel good. So while I'm happy for my running friends, I am not going to start running again.

Approaching exercise from a grateful stance, that's a fantastic paradigm shift.
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...d61289-12.html

Comment

• you kayak a lot?
      If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

• Yes, I kayak at least once a week. Mostly on the Potomac or sometimes local lakes. My oldest boy comes with me. I used to do a lot of white water when I lived in TN/NC but, alas mostly calm stuff now. It's good for my abs and my soul.

Comment

• Originally posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
          you kayak a lot?
          *SNerK*
          Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

• Shhhhhh. I've been trying really hard not to say anything.
            “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by avocadogirl View Post
              Yes, I kayak at least once a week. Mostly on the Potomac or sometimes local lakes. My oldest boy comes with me. I used to do a lot of white water when I lived in TN/NC but, alas mostly calm stuff now. It's good for my abs and my soul.
              I'm sorry to use you for an inside joke. Read this thread.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread22903.html

Comment

• Oh, it's okay. I don't mind it I'll have to go read that other thread sometime when I have more time. Maybe when I'm kayaking.

Comment

Oh, it's okay. I don't mind it I'll have to go read that other thread sometime when I have more time. Maybe when I'm kayaking.
                  If you can read while kayaking, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

• Ha! Got it. Nice. Now I'm going to have to use another word for my workout. Paddling? That sounds even dirtier. All 50 Shades of Watersports.

Comment

Ha! Got it. Nice. Now I'm going to have to use another word for my workout. Paddling? That sounds even dirtier. All 50 Shades of Watersports.
                      Lifting Journal

Comment

All 50 Shades of Watersports.
                        Well doesn't THAT sound like fun!

Comment

• Something like this I would imagine, just role reversed, of course.

Comment

50 Shades of Watersports.
                            * stops in journal to see what's going on *
                            * flees journal *
                            JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
                              * stops in journal to see what's going on *
                              * flees journal *
                              Wow...
                              Me too... watersports is touchier area than even that Bear Grylls Scene!

Originally posted by Sigi View Post
                              LOL!

Heheh...
                              Yeah... me and the fruit need to have a serious talk.
                              Either that or I need to find someone willing to take Debauchery off my hands for a while. It's like she has a whole set of Twizzler lassos and is playing me about like a marionette.
                              Last edited by cori93437; 07-19-2012, 01:14 PM.
                              “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                              ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                              And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• 50 Shades of Waterworld?

This should be good, that there Waterworld is the finest piece of cinema of the last 50 years! Kevin Costner should have won an Oscar. I watch the DVD at least once a week. It's just about the... perfect... movie.

Comment

Working...
                                X