Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a friend's facebook status:

"He guided my soft hands towards his massive panhandle. I had never done this sort of thing before. I closed my eyes and slowly reached. He jerked my arm back a bit and leaned toward my ear. 'We need to take this slow. Turn the burner down from 7 to 3. Once the gravy starts to simmer, drain off the excess fat.' " - An excerpt from my up and coming novel "50 Ways to Make Gravy"

my primal journal:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
      "50 Ways to Make Gravy"
      I'll, uh.. be in my bunk.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Comment

• Sigh. I need to go to Whole Foods and Benign Poltergeist has done away with my checkbook. The person to find it gets a dollar. No, make that two dollars.

Perhaps before I offer cash prizes, I should make sure my wallet has been left unscathed.
        JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
          Sigh. I need to go to Whole Foods and Benign Poltergeist has done away with my checkbook. The person to find it gets a dollar. No, make that two dollars.

Perhaps before I offer cash prizes, I should make sure my wallet has been left unscathed.
          Perhaps DEBAUCHERY will find it... and demand her reward in Chocolate and Potatoes!
          “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
          ~Friedrich Nietzsche
          And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
            Perhaps DEBAUCHERY will find it... and demand her reward in Chocolate and Potatoes!
            NOOOOO!!!

I just found it. Clever, Benign Poltergeist, clever. I also found a whole cache of missing items, like the iPod nano that's been AWOL for over two years. And a gift certificate to REI, old book notes, an unopened three-pack of pens, and swim goggles.

Thank Valhalla, I can shop. The house is so low on food today that I've eaten three meatballs and an iodine pill. HULK NEED FOOD.

Comment

• That sounds like my house! lol Not the food part but the randomly finding things that have been missing forever... I wish I could randomly find my house keys which have been MIA since about March...
              Primal since March 5, 2012
              SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Meh... I guess Debauchery stays with me then. *sigh*
                She has steadily been trying to make me OD on mangoes since the Russian Circus came to town.
                I was kind of hoping that when the Circus left it would take Debauchery with them, but no.
                Alas, the little imp needs no circus help at all to spread her evil fairy dust!

Someone please pry the fruit out of my hands!
                Or don't... that 4lb bag of frozen mango chunks is on it's last leg anyway.
                And the scale is angry. So angry.
                “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Meh... I guess Debauchery stays with me then. *sigh*
                  She has steadily been trying to make me OD on mangoes since the Russian Circus came to town.
                  Debauchery was all set to pull a Potato Stunt at the store, but they didn't have them. (Thank you, Valhalla.)

I think the Iodine Thread has finally become so ludicrous that I am bowing out of even lurking there. I wish there could be space for calm and rational (and scientific) discussion on iodine, but that is simply not the place to go, and the personal attacks really got on my nerves today. Did he block you?

Comment

• of course he didn't, that's how he knows there is always a trolly dissenter disparaging his and his honored guests' scientific research
                    beautiful
                    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                    lol

Comment

Debauchery was all set to pull a Potato Stunt at the store, but they didn't have them. (Thank you, Valhalla.)

I think the Iodine Thread has finally become so ludicrous that I am bowing out of even lurking there. I wish there could be space for calm and rational (and scientific) discussion on iodine, but that is simply not the place to go, and the personal attacks really got on my nerves today. Did he block you?
                      MANGOES... frozen mango deliciousness!

Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                      of course he didn't, that's how he knows there is always a trolly dissenter disparaging his and his honored guests' scientific research
                      And this...
                      As far as I know he has not blocked me yet (I've been reading other stuff this evening...)
                      He just keeps making personal attacks and warning me every time I try to inject a modicum of rational thought into something... in a completely polite way.
                      I have to admit that I'm getting a bit bored with it.
                      Grizz seems to be completely and totally immune to logic.
                      Trying to have some effect on the tone over there is a bit like beating a skeksi with an ugly stick... Nothing is gonna change.
                      ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

In the past month, I finally discovered a spirit that could get me on the treadmill: gratitude.

It occurred to me that without primal, all of my writing would still be sitting in my computer, as it has been for years. It is a thrill when every few days a reader picks up a book or short story to try out, and I take that thrill to the treadmill. Without primal, that would not have happened. I am grateful for the small ways in which my life has changed.

You don't need to be grateful to us, dearest Panda - it is *we* who are grateful to have you.

That said, I just bought Runefool (frightfully sorry that I didn't realise it was available earlier!), so GET ON THAT TREADMILL, PANDA!! BURN, BABY, BURN!!!

But only if you really want to.
                        I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Comment

Someone please pry the fruit out of my hands!
                          Or don't... that 4lb bag of frozen mango chunks is on it's last leg anyway.
                          And the scale is angry. So angry.
                          LOL!

I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Originally posted by avocadogirl View Post
                            My kids watch King Fu Panda a little too frequently but I like it (as compared to other movies). What strikes me is a scene where the stronger character belittles Po and says "but you're just a big, fat Panda." Po responds,"yeah, but I'm THEE big, fat panda."

My oldest loves that scene because he's small for his age and was dismissed by his soccer coach. He then ended up scoring the most goals. He says "I'm THEE littlest kid on the team."
                            I love this!

One of my siblings was obsessed with Little Mermaid around the age of four, which I think our television played every single morning for a full year. I had those songs down.

Comment

And this...
                              As far as I know he has not blocked me yet (I've been reading other stuff this evening...)
                              He just keeps making personal attacks and warning me every time I try to inject a modicum of rational thought into something... in a completely polite way.
                              I have to admit that I'm getting a bit bored with it.
                              Grizz seems to be completely and totally immune to logic.
                              Trying to have some effect on the tone over there is a bit like beating a skeksi with an ugly stick... Nothing is gonna change.
                              If you pop over to the scabies thread, you'll find an extra-special bonus post with Grizz diagnosing someone with Morgellons via the magic of the interwebs.

Yes, I can see what a high value is placed on quality research and scientific evidence! Also, chemtrails.
                              “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

I love this!

One of my siblings was obsessed with Little Mermaid around the age of four, which I think our television played every single morning for a full year. I had those songs down.
                                One of my brothers had an obsession with Yoshi from the Mario Brothers games. I can still hear the music on an endless loop in my head whenever I think of it.
                                “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X