No announcement yet.

Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is easier to kick her out since I didnt actually bring anything into the house. It was all eaten out. Back on track this am with homemade sausage, eggs, strawberries, blueberries and pecans with water. The CPK pizza sounds tasty.
    It's just another day in paradise
    As you stumble to your bed
    You'd give anything to silence
    Those voices ringing in your head
    You thought you could find happiness
    Just over that green hill
    You thought you would be satisfied
    But you never will-
    Learn to be still
    -The Eagles

Comment

• Originally posted by Periwinkle View Post
      Back on track this am with homemade sausage, eggs, strawberries, blueberries and pecans with water.
      That would be a straight-up cheat binge for me. It's funny how we're all on different diets even on the same site.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Comment

• must be something in the air. when hubby came home, my primal cupboard became filled with junk, and of course i had to add my own Gluten Free junk to go with it. so in the past week, i've eaten a number of "magnum" triple chocolate ice cream bars, chocolate GF cupcakes, French Meadow GF brownies (oh so chewy and soft!), untold amounts of dark chocolate, cassava and BBQ potato chips, honey-sweetened tea, sweetened blended coffees with cream... i *think* that's it. now i'm looking rather doughy and i've run out of junk food that i find appealing (there's still whiskey and corn tortilla chips, but i don't like those). fork in the road? i could be good, or i could run out and buy more junk.
        my primal journal:
        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Gravyboat View Post
          That would be a straight-up cheat binge for me. It's funny how we're all on different diets even on the same site.
          Really? How so? Don't see anything there that's a cheat...

Comment

• Originally posted by Periwinkle View Post
            It is easier to kick her out since I didnt actually bring anything into the house.
            I just have 3 Atwater Dirty Blondes left in the fridge, a little bit of all natural ice cream that I normally keep as part of my 20% because it's not binge-inducing, a bag of blue corn chips and a box of GF pasta left at home to tempt me. The GF pasta won't get used for a while and I'll probably pitch the last of the corn chips once I finish my jar of salsa. The real trouble lies in the beer, but that should be gone by Monday.

Then away with you Debauchery! I won't be subject to your shenanigans any longer!

Comment

• I used to have 2 dirty blondes in my fridge, I had to move them.
              If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

• Originally posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
                It's really just the fruit. I'm sure the sausage is fine since it's homemade. I just apparently cannot do fruit at all. And I just try to stay away from nuts because it's easy for me to go crazy with them (especially cashews).

Background: I started Primal in January pretty sugar-strict. No fruit at all, no nuts (but still peanut butter a couple days a month), some dairy. Pretty much just meat and vegetables and butter with some cheese and heavy cream. Lost a bunch of weight really fast. In April my diet started slipping. Started having a square or two of 85% chocolate every day. Plateaued for a whole month. Started working out super hardcore and stopped the chocolate and lost some more more weight. Then, not long after, I plateaued again for another whole month when I started eating fruit. Mostly cherries and bananas. Not even every day, but apparently often enough to stall out. I was doing a lot of walking during this time, so I don't know what caused it if not the fruit.

A week ago, I made the decision to go full keto, basically like how I was doing in the beginning. After dealing with some BAD sugar cravings for a few days, I've lost 5lbs again, and I'm expecting a few more pounds by the end of the week.

After two rounds of this, it's pretty clear I just need to stay in keto. And I'm still avoiding nuts mostly, but I have been eating 2 brazil nuts a day for the selenium (I figure it's better to get it from a whole source rather than take pills).

The end.

Comment

• Originally posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
                  I used to have 2 dirty blondes in my fridge, I had to move them.
                  If you'd cleaned them first they wouldn't go bad so fast.
                  http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• Originally posted by drssgchic View Post
                    Yeah, but blondes are not really good until they go bad.

Comment

Yeah, and who would have thought people would actually miss them?

Comment

• Originally posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
                        Hmm... it all looked primal to me too. So 'cheat' may not be the right word... maybe just not fitting with personal plan.
                        I'm not sure how a completely primal food can be considered a cheat.
                        I don't eat sausages... but that's just because the salt will make me feel like I want to die. Personal.

Originally posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
                        I used to have 2 dirty blondes in my fridge, I had to move them.
                        Did one of them have a blue top?

Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                        A fella who KNOWS the truth!
                        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                        ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                        And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Originally posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
                          Yeah, and who would have thought people would actually miss them?
                          Can't you just replace them with another blond? I wasn't aware there was any difference between them.
                          http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

Can't you just replace them with another blond? I wasn't aware there was any difference between them.
                            Now you hold on right there missy...
                            That's the same as saying there's no difference in the brunettes... which wounds me deeply as I have long been a lover of the deeper hued ladies.
                            “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                            ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                            And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                              Spoken like a true gentleman.

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                                Hmm... it all looked primal to me too. So 'cheat' may not be the right word... maybe just not fitting with personal plan.
                                I'm not sure how a completely primal food can be considered a cheat.
                                Yeah, that's it precisely, the fruit and nuts just don't fit in with my personal plan. I've found that I can't lose weight when eating anything sweet, and I don't get much grassfed meat because it's sort of hard to find here, so nuts aren't a great idea for me either.

So for me, personally, a meal with both would be a big cheat that could stall my weight loss.

What I was saying is that I find it interesting that for other people it's perfectly fine. Lots of people can eat that stuff and still lose weight and feel good. Bodies are interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X