Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by theprimalcajun View Post
    If you want some good raunchy stuff with a good story to boot try JR Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood series! Oh my...the brotherhood is hot Hot HOT! I've read some other good "shameful reading" authors too...but I don't want to hijack GP's journal!! I have posted a list of my fave's in my journal...My Quest for Primal Fire if you're interested.
    Sweet fancy Jeebus, I couldn't handle those books, either. Those stupid stupid stupid character names. Every time I saw a Rhage or a Zsadist or a Phury I wanted to throw the book across the room. I CANNOT GET INTO MY VAMPIRE PR0N IF I AM THROWING THE BOOK ACROSS THE ROOM.

If someone could go through the book and just cross out those stupid godfuckingawful names, I'd be able to read them. What I saw wasn't bad. BUT THE NAMES. THE NAMES.

I like Lynn Viehl, though. I know it seems arbitrary that I can't handle badly-named vamps but I am okay with an entire race being called Darkyn, but there you have it. I AM A HYPOCRITE.

And apparently typing in ALL CAPS a lot. SORRY PANDA I HOPE I DIDN'T WAKE YOU.
    Steph
    My Primal Meanderings

Comment

• Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
      mad men was my dirty secret for a while, until i got fed up with the misogyny.
      There's no misogyny is that show, woman! Now get me a drink and next time if you have a thought, tell it to your therapist. I'll be sleeping off this drunk in my office, hold my calls.
      If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

• Originally posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
        I'll be sleeping off this drunk in my office, hold my calls.
        I tried to sleep off my drunk at work*, but the damn students kept waking me up. Teach yourself the stupid ABCs**, kids, Party Panda don't want to teach nothing!***

* No, I never did this.
        ** Teach the alphabet, I mean. Kids these days, they need to EARN their ABCs, the problem with America is we hand them out like candy to everyone.
        *** If you can't tell, Gay Panda is punchy from waking up at 4:15 this morning. Iodine!!!****
        **** * shakes fist *
        Last edited by Gay Panda; 06-11-2012, 06:34 AM.
        JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

• I want to take a tour of Lindsay Lohan's Excuse Mill. It's just adorable. So which is it? Did the truck cut her off (in the slow lane)? Or did her brakes fail (in the new rental car)?

Oh, Lindsay. Yes, brakes do fail when one fails to depress them.

Other Gems from the Happy Little Elves who run the Excuse Mill:

My passport was stolen at Cannes, so I can't make my court date. I filed a police report. (Authorities state no report was filed.)
          These aren't my pants. (Therefore, the cocaine in the pocket is not mine!)
          I can't afford therapy. (I can afford everything else.)
          My SCRAM bracelet went off. (Someone spilled a drink on my leg.)
          My purse was stolen with my money and passport in Hawaii, so I can't make my court date. (Then my friend asked a 'suspicious-looking local' if he had seen my purse, and he returned it minus the money. But now I have my passport back!)

Today Gay Panda is going to question 'suspicious-looking locals' around the Magical Bamboo Forest if they've seen my misplaced million dollars.

Comment

• I think True Blood is kinda low rent.

Comment

• I didn't like True Blood, but it still got points for being able to tell a cohesive story* and having interesting characters. Glee is scraping the bottom of the discount bin in comparison.

Um, is it true what I just read, that Fifty Shades of Grey began as chapters written on a Twilight fan fic site?!?

* I am only speaking about the first season - I never saw anything beyond that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
                Um, is it true what I just read, that Fifty Shades of Grey began as chapters written on a Twilight fan fic site?!?
                That would explain so much. I keep trying to call Ana Bella.
                http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• Panda please accept my application to be the panda body guard, I will gladly push the swine flu cart at wholefoods just to bask in your presence. Below will be my official head dress (I haven't uploaded a picture to a thread before so I hope that worked!)
                  Wig.jpg

Comment

• i adore that head gear

gay panda gets all the cool bodyguards
                    beautiful
                    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                    lol

Comment

• Gay Panda, I have a question. When I was in high school (yes! it was 30 years ago) I read a trilogy of novels. It was along the lines of Harry Potter, but at the time it seemed much more frightening. It did involve a wizard school. Anyway, one thing I remember is the main character unleashes some kind of dark force, with claws, that claws his face and he has to be nursed back to health. The school is on some kind of island, hard to get to with horrible weather and rocks.

Do these sound familiar? I can't for the life of me remember the name of these books! I would love to tell my son about them. BTW, I read them in high school, but I don't have any idea when they were written.

Can you help? Anybody else?
                      Gwynn

Comment

• Ooo ooo I know!

Earthsea!
                        Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                          Ooo ooo I know!

Earthsea!
                          Namelesswonder,

I <3 you!! You are correct! What do you think about them? Like I said, I haven't read them since high school.

Gwynn

Comment

• I really liked the main character for the first book (the main wizard dude), but was not really blown away by the others. I kind of felt that I was being beaten over the head by discussions of feminism in the later books. I realize Ursula Leguin is kind of a big name in making feminism OKAY in fantasy literature, but maybe that is why it felt so unnecessary to me now (they were written during the start of second-wave feminism I think), like OKAY do you have to make it such a big deal that there is an obvious disparity between gendered magics? I realize my feelings on this are not popular ones however and I feel that most fantasy readers would enjoy the series.
                            Depression Lies

Comment

• I laugh at the Vampire Diaries obsessions now. I read those books in Jr High (something like 18 years ago!) and now they're like this huge crazy thing on tv.

My tv obsession is HGTV, Hoarders and other shows about hoarders, and shows on USA like Suits and that show with Michael Westin as the main character (can't remember the name). Also tend to watch Justified on FX when it's in season. Other things DH and I watch are Swamp People, Mud Cats, Wilderness Men, and other such garbage.

Eclectic.
                              Primal since March 5, 2012
                              SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• GP, take care of that cold (by that I mean, get rid of it). I lived with Cough for 4 weeks (still helping him pack) and in return for my generosity, he pulled one of my rib muscles. That's when I decided to evict. Can't yawn, sigh, cough or sneeze without agonizing pain. Rolling over in bed, laying down in bed, getting out of bed - all hopeless efforts b/c the pain is too great. And I tear up when my kids climb on my chest. Of course, Dr. couldn't palpate the area to ensure it was just muscular damage b/c the precise area of excruciating pain is under breast tissue so she couldn't reach my ribs.

Ribs suck... who needs 'em anyway?
                                Primal since March 5, 2012
                                SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

Working...
                                X