No announcement yet.

Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name the Science Fiction or Fantasy Cliche that Bugs You Half to Death!

Let's see . . . the second I hear about yet another farmerboy/shepherd/orphan who needs to "fulfill his destiny" my brain shuts down.
    JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

• You're right, shit does sell. But I'm not going to write it.

Having failed at a career is somewhat liberating. I'll just write whatever the hell I want and it doesn't matter.

Comment

• The princess/ heroine/ female lead character that has to be rescued every 5 seconds and never learned to fight.
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Well of course the Fair maiden chooses the stable boy.. only to find out to lat that the stable boy & Rich Landowner have been having a passionat affair and have sold the farm and immigrated to a nudist coliny in the artic to live among the penguins.. wich incedently have recently contacted a nasty virus that is zombiefying the lot... Yeah my storys never end pretty....
          Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

• Cliche That REALLY makes me nuts:

Noble one-note knight T'or Havallathar can't take down the Evil (Wizard/God/Dragon) without the Six Golden Rings of Hai' Alllahazzattttfffurgen, which have been scattered over the world. Will he find them all before the Land of B'a'r'e'i don' Eye falls into a storm of darkness?

Yes, I guarantee he will. And he'll have a plucky talking animal friend, and a sexy princess to help.

Comment

• It's not a cliche exactly but something that bugged the shit out of me was in Doomsday Book by Connie Willis, a book that won both the Nebula and the Hugo. One character sat by a land-line phone pretty much the entire book because apparently in the future they have time travel but no cell phones. Really Connie? Really?

Comment

• Haiku contest!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                  Haiku contest!
                  I'm so excited! I want someone to sum up Harry Potter in haiku!

Comment

• Small lightning bolt boy,
                    Voldemort's sworn enemy,
                    Beats evil with love.
                    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Please tell me you don't mean all seven books in ONE haiku!
                      Right?
                      Right, GayPanda?
                      GayPanda?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                        Please tell me you don't mean all seven books in ONE haiku!
                        Right?
                        Right, GayPanda?
                        GayPanda?
                        That would be an incredible thing indeed! No, just one of them might be easier.

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                          Small lightning bolt boy,
                          Voldemort's sworn enemy,
                          Beats evil with love.
                          Yay!!! Enter it at Pandaloonery for the contest; I'm going to read them all to Lady Friend on the way back from Wisconsin!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
                            Yay!!! Enter it at Pandaloonery for the contest; I'm going to read them all to Lady Friend on the way back from Wisconsin!
                            Hmmm... Did you just say that you are going to be murdered somewhere on the side of the road on the return trip home from Wisconsin?
                            “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                            ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                            And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• If I was writing your book, Gay Panda, the chick would marry the rich dude and arrange to have the stable boy hired on as, well, a stable boy. With "benefits". Who says you can't have it all?

Also: Doomsday Book was awesome. I thought the landline worked. I love Connie Willis.

Edit: Small amendment to the book: she marries the rich guy (who is a jerk, right?) and experiences some mild self-loathing that the stable boy soothes. Within a year, she's had a kid who is proclaimed heir, and arranged for the "accidental" death of the rich dude. She takes control of the estate, stages a near-death experience for herself from which the stable boy saves her, they marry with public approval and live happily ever after. Morally ambiguous, but with a happy ending. What's not to like?
                              Last edited by spughy; 05-14-2012, 10:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by spughy View Post
                                Also: Doomsday Book was awesome. I thought the landline worked. I love Connie Willis.
                                You and everyone else. The story was good. It was nicely done historical fiction. It was just crappy sci-fi. Seriously Connie, cell phones. (yeah, I am a little stuck on that point )

Comment

Working...
                                X