Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Owly View Post
    and one should always pack 4 swim suits.
    I fixed that for you
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
      oh my! i'm the complete opposite. i pack more than enough undies and socks. shirts, i pack usually one or two more than i need. and pants are like "k, i can wear this one half the week, and this one the other half." and then i throw in two skirts in case the weather is warm.
      Lady Friend packs like this, or even a little more stringently. It's horrifying. Once I distracted her with something and sneaked into her dresser, and then I slipped more clothes into her suitcase. (Hi, Lady Friend! Did you wonder where those extra socks came from?)
      JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

• Originally posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
        Oh, I heard Octomom is going to dabble in adult movies, hold on, let me put my surprised face on.
        Yeah, I wasn't surprised either. But I can't figure out the target audience! Who wants to watch that?

I have to admit, her particular brand of mental dysfunction fascinates me. (Even though that fascination is tempered by the realization that every day, 14 children have to live within its storm.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Owly View Post
          Glad I'm not the only woman who packs this way! Other discoveries: jeans are too bulky to pack for longer trips, multi-functional clothes you can layer save space, and one should always pack a swim suit. Also, for trips longer than a week (especially overseas), pack a bar of laundry soap so you can wash things in your hotel room sink.

I spent two weeks in South Korea with a backpack, and I'm talking a larger school-type one, not a frame pack. I took a larger pack to India, but that's partly because I insisted on travelling with a small pharmacy. I am cool with washing my underpants, but I am a total Girl Guide when it comes to preparedness. I don't think you'll need rehydration salts for Wisconsin, though.
          i think if i was traveling where water sanitation might be a problem (not necessarily south korea, but india) i'd probably bring some preparedness stuff too.
          my primal journal:
          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
            Yeah, I wasn't surprised either. But I can't figure out the target audience! Who wants to watch that?

I have to admit, her particular brand of mental dysfunction fascinates me. (Even though that fascination is tempered by the realization that every day, 14 children have to live within its storm.)
            Oh no dear panda, I'm not fascinated nor surprised. I don't see how the dr. that impregnated her with 8 kids still has a license.
            If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

• For a weekend anywhere but Dallas, it's 4 pairs underwear, 2 bras, 4 pairs sock + 1 cozy pair of sock, 1 pajama bottom, 3 shirts,and 2 pairs of jeans, one swimsuit, one ren faire costume or set of "good clothes"+ sundry other crap. For a weekend in Dallas, thanks to my parent's animal level, double the shirts and pants so I don't have to smell like cat/ dog the rest of the day. Then again, I can technically cram all that into my laptop backpack with my laptop and it's accoutrements, so whatever.
              Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Octomom has yet to realize that not all fame is good. I doubt she will ever realize that.
                Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                My Latest Journal

Comment

Oh no dear panda, I'm not fascinated nor surprised. I don't see how the dr. that impregnated her with 8 kids still has a license.
                  I thought he had his license revoked last summer! Was it reinstated? * Googling * No, the latest I can find is that he lost it in July 2011. And he implanted 12 embryos, not 6 like she claimed.

Comment

I thought he had his license revoked last summer! Was it reinstated? * Googling * No, the latest I can find is that he lost it in July 2011. And he implanted 12 embryos, not 6 like she claimed.
                    My bad, but he should have to pay child support, no?
                    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

• I think what fascinates me is the utter Fail of logic. Placed in her situation of:

I want a baby.

My mind would naturally flow to:

1. I have no job.
                      2. I have no partner.
                      3. I am living with my parents.
                      4. I am still working on my degree.

My mind would conclude:

This is not the time to have a baby.

But she reached a radically different conclusion.

Comment

My bad, but he should have to pay child support, no?
                        If he had to pay her child support, he would also have to pay the woman who he implanted with seven embryos around the same time period. She was almost 50, had no medical insurance, and ended up pregnant with quadruplets and giving birth to three live children, one who has severe disabilities.

Comment

If he had to pay her child support, he would also have to pay the woman who he implanted with seven embryos around the same time period. She was almost 50, had no medical insurance, and ended up pregnant with quadruplets and giving birth to three live children, one who has severe disabilities.
                          Given that women have a choice with what to do with their bodies how is he at fault? Did he do it without their knowledge? (I have no clue as I do not generally follow the octomom etc)

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                            Given that women have a choice with what to do with their bodies how is he at fault? Did he do it without their knowledge? (I have no clue as I do not generally follow the octomom etc)
                            There was some debate in the Octomom case (he said-she said) about how many embryos they agreed upon.

Given some very shady research I believe of his own, he decided that the more the merrier when implanting embryos. Although there is no evidence that putting in a large number of embryos increases the chance of conception, he told women that it would.

I don't know what is ethical when it comes to support. I think that many of the people of California are just so pissed about paying for this woman's insanity that they want the doctor to have to shoulder some of the responsibility.

Comment

B/c the likelihood of all 8 taking and keeping was slimmer than slim...
                              Primal since March 5, 2012
                              SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

I don't know what is ethical when it comes to support. I think that many of the people of California are just so pissed about paying for this woman's insanity that they want the doctor to have to shoulder some of the responsibility.
                                If he's paying taxes, isn't he also bearing the burden of her brood?
                                Primal since March 5, 2012
                                SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

Working...
                                X