Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BECOMING MAGICAL: AN IODINE STORY
    Week Six

This entry is a day late and a dollar short, children, since Gay Panda was flattened by the headache semi freewheeling down the neuronal highway. Hydrocodone renders me desperately stupid and spacey and sleepy, but this morning the last of it is out of my system and thankfully hauled away the headache semi with it. I can think again!

To celebrate, I am writing this to Glee’s Light Up The World and pretending that I don’t see the massive pile of dishes and laundry that must be done before I return to editing. Do you see those crusty pots? No, I don’t either. And who needs underpants? It’s not like anyone checks. At least I cleaned the bathroom before the headache semi roared around the turn on Sunday.

But this post is supposed to be about iodine, not the deplorable state of Gay Panda’s house in the Magical Bamboo Forest. Last week, I upped my dose to see what would happen. I swelled up to the weight of Q, and spent far too long debating exactly how many hairs I usually lose day by day, and if this was more than that. My throat tightened, as it does for a day when I increase dosage, but because of the Q I backed off for two days to a smaller dose. This annoyed me greatly, because I felt better on the higher one. One Iodoral pill does little for me. One and a half? ZING!!! Well, my version of zing, which is still low energy when compared to most people. But I felt alive enough to walk on the treadmill for half an hour. With the iodine reduced, my energy reduced with it. On Friday I returned to the higher dose, and then paused for the weekend.

It is tempting to attribute everything that goes wrong within one’s body to iodine supplementation, but it isn’t that easy. The headache began on Sunday evening when I was in a restaurant. The food was fantastic, but it perfectly plausible that the headache came from some ingredient, or else the incredible noise of the restaurant, or flashes of light from the window. When I woke on Monday, it was gone. But then that headache semi roared around the turn again in the afternoon, and found Gay Panda doing a Bambi impression in the headlights.

The headache was so vicious by evening that I resorted to hydrocodone. Usually I fight tooth and nail to not have to take this medication, because I don’t like having my IQ reduced or the sensation that I am floating about in space. It also makes me nauseous at times. Again, I cannot with confidence blame the iodine, because I had been staring at a computer screen all day, and sometimes headaches result. It was a little extreme for that, on the other hand. So who knows?

I do not know if my weight has gone down. There doesn’t seem to be a point in weighing for another day or two, because hydrocodone also makes me blow up. Maybe I will weigh Friday and see where I stand. But I am pretty sure that I remain at Q. I try not to think about it, and to focus on the positives of this experience. I sleep better at night. I get up more easily in the morning. I don’t doze in my chair as often during the day. I walked on the treadmill once. I zapped Lady Friend and she called me a bitch. These are all wonderful things.

Still,

* shakes fist at Q *
    JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
      We have Yo Gabba Gabba... we're pretty sure the co-creaters were either high on shrooms or tripping on acid when they wrote the story line. lol
      One of the writers is the lead singer of the Aquabats. His stage name is MC Bat Commander. They are my favorite crime-fighting superhero ska band of all time. Their music is just so...happy.
      Steph
      My Primal Meanderings

Comment

• Originally posted by spughy View Post
        A friend of mine overheard this video playing on the tv while her son was watching; it took her several days to stop laughing and her kid still doesn't know why it was funny.
        That was so bizarre!

Comment

• Sorry about Q, Panda. Hopefully Q will leave you with M or something smaller than Q.
          Primal since March 5, 2012
          SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

Sorry about Q, Panda. Hopefully Q will leave you with M or something smaller than Q.
            Thanks! That would be awesome.

Comment

• Maybe q will go on vacation and leave e or pi in it's place.
              Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Yeah, take a vacation, Q! A permanent one.

Comment

• Sorry about Q...I caved and lowered my dose all the way down to 2.5mg.
                  I have an audition tomorrow night and I didn't want to give the impression of a bloated tick with a sore throat. Vanity, I know.
                  Primal since 9/24/2010
                  "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                  MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• As I recall, isn't that how the character you are auditioning for is supposed to look? In the movie at least, she's well upholstered. I was wondering if you were going to pad.
                    Last edited by Sabine; 04-26-2012, 11:34 AM. Reason: Had to add an explanation, so that I didn't sound like a bitch.

Comment

• If they want me for Mrs. Gloop, they will have to add the padding and maybe have someone pinch my @ss during the show. Her song is at the top of my range. I'm also going for Mrs Bucket.

LOL to the edit reason.
                      Primal since 9/24/2010
                      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I will come back to FABULOUS eventually; I'm just fighting with someone on Lady Friend's Facebook today.

Comment

• Wish I was there to watch!!

Comment

• OH, this woman makes Panda mad!!!

Comment

• Why would anyone want to make a bear mad??? Don't they realize bears bite? Or rather maul???

Comment

Why would anyone want to make a bear mad??? Don't they realize bears bite? Or rather maul???
                                Ah, she doesn't know I am a panda. But I am mauling her with vicious politeness.

Comment

Working...
                                X