No announcement yet.

Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Come on, Panda Hormonal System, get your ass in gear like naiadknight's!

I'm tired of chasing my brain around this morning. Shutting off Internet and hiding iPhone until lunch time, and I'd better have a page written by then. Stories don't write themselves, brain, so knock it off!
    JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

• I started taking dried kelp capsules yesterday... It's a small dose of iodine and says not to exceed recommended dosage. it's something like 0.65 mg or some crap like that. Not sure if it's had an impact b/c I added 6 other supplements at the same time.

how much iodine is needed???
      Primal since March 5, 2012
      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
        how much iodine is needed???
        That is a completely unanswerable question.

I spent a lot of time researching and came to no conclusion. I read the whole iodine thread and every Iodine Doctor and personal experiment on the Internetz, I paged through virtual biochemistry texts and consulted a Live Doctor Person and so on. I don't even know what to think any longer. Here are some of the varied opinions:

A) Live Doctor Person: you get enough iodine from food, and if you take any more than that, you will blast your thyroid. That is why we have the Grand Canyon, because someone's thyroid exploded from too much iodine and created it. So be very careful when you take mg doses. Your hometown might become the next Grand Canyon. (She did not say this last part, but she made it sound very dire indeed if you supplement iodine.)

B) Second Live Doctor Person (seen by acquaintance): you should take 1 12.5 mg Iodoral pill to help your bones, and no mention was made of companion supplements.

C) The Internet Doctors and Their Minions: take 1-4 Iodoral unless you have an issue like cancer and then take more. Otherwise, start at 1. No, start at 4. No, start at a micro-gram dose. No, take it in kelp. No, take it in Iodoral or Lugol's. No, you're wrong. No, YOU'RE wrong. THIS IS WHY WE HAVE THE GRAND CANYON, DOCTOR DUMBASS!!! I'M NOT A DUMBASS, YOU'RE A DUMBASS!!! And your medical degree came from Mail Order U!!!

D) Website with stars and exclamation points: take lots of iodine in kelp because it will make you psychic. It will remove the Bad Naughty Evil Toxins from your pineal gland, and that will increase your creativity and magical powers.

E) Random Experimenter: Iodine is not as important as boron, because boron drives the fluoride out of your bones. Eat a dozen prunes a day (and presumably never venture far from the can). And don't take iodine in kelp because it has arsenic!

It goes on like this, and frankly, it makes Gay Panda crazy. I have no freaking clue. Right now I am taking one Iodoral, which is 12.5 mg. I started at 6.25 mg in March, and before that I was getting it off and on in micro-gram dosages through my multi-vitamin. The best thing to do is free up some time to do a ton of reading of your own and figure out what you are comfortable with taking. I take the companion supplements of Vitamin C, magnesium, and selenium and still react a little with side effects; two friends take the same dosage of iodine with no companion supplements and have no side effects whatsoever except for one's complaint of a slight brassy taste in her mouth. Lady Friend is taking a 6.25 mg dose (as well as the companion supplements) and has no side effects. She's gotten some energy back and her acne has made a stunning improvement where dermatologists have been failing for months.

Sorry I can't be more help. I really wish I had answers for this.
        Last edited by Gay Panda; 04-10-2012, 01:47 PM.

Comment

• after my first upped dose of.. 3.something mgs, i had..... the weirdest-as-hell dreams. i mean lsd type dreams.

i don't feel inebriated yet, maybe when i hit 12 mgs. or hit the bottle.
          beautiful
          yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
          lol

Comment

• One Doctor recommends 50 mg, but most are anywhere between 1 mg and 12.5 mg. I am taking 12.5 and getting good energy results (sorry Panda). I am taking it to avoid ovarian cancer, so I will continue at this level. If I develop cancer, then I will go to the 50mg level.

I would try to work up to 1 mg if possible. There are supplements that you should take with higher levels of iodine. Vit C, Magnesium, selenium and unrefined celtic sea salt.
            Primal since 9/24/2010
            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• UPDATE: Blast, I forgot to mention the latest side effect in my Becoming Magical iodine experiment has been a massive increase in appetite. It is very hard not to stand in my pantry shouting, "EAT ALL THE THINGS!" and stuffing my face.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
                UPDATE: Blast, I forgot to mention the latest side effect in my Becoming Magical iodine experiment has been a massive increase in appetite. It is very hard not to stand in my pantry shouting, "EAT ALL THE THINGS!" and stuffing my face.
                lmao

I will google my iodine needs. For the time being, i'll stick with my kelp. Don't want to change up too much stuff too quickly or i won't know what's giving me what results.

Thanks for the insight though... looks like there are as many opinions on how much iodine we need as there are opinions on what we should be or should not be eating... this should be adventurous for sure!
                Primal since March 5, 2012
                SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• I was just watching this on iodine
                  some very intresting info, might be worth watching if you have the time (its about an hour & half )
                  Iodine The Misunderstood Nutrient David Brownstein Ful - YouTube
                  Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

• Originally posted by ottercat View Post
                    Oooooh! And then when you're finished with your workout, you could fall down, cling to the front, tell the cats, "Fly! You fools!", let go, and slide off the back! I don't think people at the gym would "get it" tho
                    No, they would not get it.

Comment

• I would get it. I'll be at the gym tonight. Come by and try.

Comment

UPDATE: Blast, I forgot to mention the latest side effect in my Becoming Magical iodine experiment has been a massive increase in appetite. It is very hard not to stand in my pantry shouting, "EAT ALL THE THINGS!" and stuffing my face.
                        Oh my God, you made my day with this as I *have* been eating all the things since I got home this evening. It feels SO good to laugh after my day express-delivered from hell. Thank you for that.
                        I blog about living life to the fullest at The Hairy Edge. Check it out! (Or not. We can still be friends. )

Comment

No, they would not get it.
                          I would get it.

Gwynn

Comment

• GP,

I don't know why the iodine is causing an increase in your appetite. I have been doing it for a couple of months, at least, and I haven't noticed that. OTOH, I have always had the appetite of a lumberjack, so I am not the best person to ask.

Gwynn

Comment

• My appetite has gone up as well. I'm not talking "Oh, I'll have another salad." I'm talking "cut me another side of beef and I MIGHT be good until lunch."
                              Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                                My appetite has gone up as well. I'm not talking "Oh, I'll have another salad." I'm talking "cut me another side of beef and I MIGHT be good until lunch."
                                YES, that is exactly what I'm experiencing. I can have a large breakfast and by 10 be thinking with lust of lunch. And I'm not talking about some wussy salad-and-walnuts-and salami lunch either.

EAT ALL THE THINGS!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X