Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yep. This is exactly why I haunt this journal all day
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• I live to help people waste time at work.
      JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
        Damn you, Ladytime Monster!!! * shakes fist *

And I KNOW that I read that wrong, and you did not just say that Cadbury Creme Eggs aren't even good chocolate.
        I was actually referring to the little eggs, which were the foil-wrapped kind that come in a plastic mesh bag.

Silly Panda, everyone knows that the chocolate shell on the Creme Egg merely exists to contain the HFCS-laden goo until the appointed time of consumption. I can't even tell if it's good chocolate or not since it's completely overwhelmed by the insane sweetness of the fondant.

Also, is the chocolate in US Creme Eggs the same as it is up here? A lot of chocolate in the US tastes really weird to me.
        “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

by spraying our love over each journal and thread
          that's diiiiiirty! you guys are diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirty!

Bloodorchid already told you to GTFO of Asdf! Sweet, gracious bloodorchid, who never EVER swears! This is what you pushed her to last night, an acronym that contains an F for . . . oh, I can't believe she typed that either.
          i still feel guilt for typing that F
          beautiful
          yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
          lol

Comment

• DEBAUCHERY: BUT DO THEY KNOW YOU IMAGINE YOU’RE BEING CHASED BY A BALROG WHEN YOU’RE ON THE TREADMILL TO MAKE YOURSELF GO FASTER???
            Oooooh! And then when you're finished with your workout, you could fall down, cling to the front, tell the cats, "Fly! You fools!", let go, and slide off the back! I don't think people at the gym would "get it" tho

also:
            Cadbury creme eggs all year round! You could even primalize it by substituting the.......uh..........oh, eff off, it's a Cadbury creme egg.
            Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
            Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
            "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

Comment

• Originally posted by ottercat View Post
              Cadbury creme eggs all year round[/URL]! You could even primalize it by substituting the.......uh..........oh, eff off, it's a Cadbury creme egg.
              hahahaha couldn't have said it better myself.
              Primal since March 5, 2012
              SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

Oooooh! And then when you're finished with your workout, you could fall down, cling to the front, tell the cats, "Fly! You fools!", let go, and slide off the back! I don't think people at the gym would "get it" tho
                “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

I would just like to say that the bookstore(?) had stuffies like the one in your profile pic. I squealed and dug around looking for a Panda, but alas, just foxes, mooses, and bearses. They were surprisingly large, like 2' in diameter.
                  No panda? Lady Friend says that she is going to buy one online for my birthday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Griffin View Post
                    I haven't been around a lot lately - stupid real-life.

I saw this and though of you GP. It ties in nicely to the Pandaloonery that is this journal!

Press Here
                    That was fantastic! Hope your real-life calms down-

Comment

• Originally posted by Owly View Post
                      Also, is the chocolate in US Creme Eggs the same as it is up here? A lot of chocolate in the US tastes really weird to me.
                      I have no idea if it's the same, but the cheapest U.S. chocolate has an odd bubblegum-like taste. It's very strange. I used to love Krackle, but the last time I had one, I almost spat it out. Whether they've changed the formula or my taste buds have changed, I can't say. But BLECH.

Comment

• BECOMING MAGICAL: AN IODINE STORY
                        Week Four

This week was so dull that I contemplated not writing an entry at all. Iodine supplementation sounded like such an extreme sport! People wrote of swelling to gigantic proportions, waking up frothing with energetic hot spots, exploding thyroids and lucid dreams and invisible ligatures about their throats and brassy tastes and brain fog . . . sigh. Oh well.

Here are the triumphs:

I achieved a brief bout of invisibility, traveling from my house to the mailbox to the house again without anyone seeing me!!! No crazed dogs, no crazed neighbors, and I reentered my home joyous with a Game of Thrones Netflix to watch and bills to ignore.

After the suggestion of adrenal fatigue and my ‘scientific’ Google study determining that adrenal fatigue can be aided by licorice root, I bought Panda licorice candy and ate eight little pieces on the mornings of Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Hysterically, my attention span improved (slightly) on these days and I vanished from MDA to get some work done. I do not droop into a doze quite as often, and when I do, not for as long. I love you, placebo effect.

With the exception of one nightmarish night in which I did not sleep even three hours, I otherwise continue to improve in this regard. Still, I don’t know if it is the iodine or one of the companion supplements, but I’m getting something from somewhere that I was lacking before. (Most likely, from what I see from Sleep Doctor Google, it is the magnesium.) I no longer take melatonin because I don’t need it.

Here are the fails:

I gained four pounds this month. While I did move up my carb intake, it was not by very much. I do not want to think I am actually gaining fat by having an apple four times a week, and I wonder if this is just a water retention effect of the iodine. I veer between being upset about the gain and not caring. Weight loss is an exhausting sport, and I am calling time-out to regroup.

I experience infrequent bouts of what I can only describe as intoxication. Doctor Google explains that as the iodine expels bromine from my cells into the bloodstream, I will feel the effects. I have no idea what truth there is behind this, but it is very strange to feel intoxicated at ten o’clock on Sunday morning when I haven’t had a drop of alcohol. Happily working at my laptop, I slip into a giddy stupor and sink into the futon like I’ve been drinking for hours. There is a marked difference between this and my usual fatigue, and oddly, it is more likely to strike on the days I don’t take iodine or am just restarting it after the weekend. Twice I fell asleep for the whole of the afternoon.

Energy? Pshaw. I still wake up tired and sluggish and spend the day tired and sluggish. The placebo effect licorice gives me a little more mental stamina, but physically, I’m still mostly a wreck. There is the very slightest change, but it is so small that it is pretty negligible.

For those of you who are also taking iodine and want to compare side effects, here you go:

A) Vague throat tightness. This lasted two days before going away, and did not come back.
                        B) Sneezing.
                        C) Anxiety/depression. On and off, and then I’m usually fine by the next day.
                        D) Acne. Slight increase. There is one zit of such awful proportion in the fourth week that I can only admire it and be thankful that it is not on my face. I am sure spacemen can see it from Mars.
                        E) Headaches on occasion.
                        F) Sedation/intoxication. Hits every few days.
                        G) Dream changes. I have stopped my usual lucid dreaming.
                        H) Ability to zap Lady Friend. Variable results.

So there we are.

Comment

• Its been a long time since I had a creme egg in the US but I think there about the same as here..
                          That is that is, cheap chocolate shell filled with nasty goo that reminds me of something I wont describe here cause children might see it...
                          Panda dear you can have any nasty creme eggs I happen to end up with.

Oh & Black sheep are 100 times cuter and nicer than white sheep, Possibly because black dosent show poo stains..
                          Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

• GP-
                            I recently started taking a multi with whole food iodine in it. Things I've found:
                            1) Where'd all this energy come from? By the gods of nothing holy, I have more energy than I did a decade and a half ago. I haven't had this much energy since I was a kid.
                            2) I have what seems to be optional insomina. I can stay up til 4 or 5 in the morning and not notice until I look at the clock. It used to be that much past 11 and I was out. I also have that aforementioned energy until the instant I decide I want to sleep, then I'm out like a light.
                            3) I'm waking up when I get 7-9 hrs, and I have no option to go back to sleep. My body goes "Enough sleep, you're awake, get the hell up and use this energy."
                            4) My brain seems to be firing on all cylinders, like it hasn't since my thyroid went to hell.
                            5) My creative process came back, although whether that's the iodine or the unemployment, I can't say.
                            6) I've been getting nasty headaches, but I'm wanting to say those are due to violent weather shifts and dehydration as opposed to iodine.
                            7) I've been sleeping less than Geek, which is unheard of.
                            8) Post nasal drip sore throat, which could be allergies, but my allergies have been slightly clearing up- although I attribute that to the stinky tree losing all it's blooms.
                            9) My ability to Force tackle Geek has gone up exponentially.
                            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                              i recently started taking a multi with whole food iodine in it. Things i've found:
                              1) where'd all this energy come from? By the gods of nothing holy, i have more energy than i did a decade and a half ago. I haven't had this much energy since i was a kid.
                              Dammit, I want this energy!!!

Comment

Dammit, I want this energy!!!
                                I think mine is my thyroid finally getting the iodine it hasn't gotten enough of since around that era.
                                Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X