No announcement yet.

Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Many friends and I have been taking kelp and iodine on and off for decades and have never heard of these dire side effects. I'm gonna have to check out the iodine thread to see what we are missing!

If my friends are magical, they are hiding it from me. I, on the other hand, can make a mess magically appear anywhere.
    I've had a lot of worries in my life, most of which never happened. ― Mark Twain

Writing on the Cave Wall - my Primal Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by DinoHunter View Post
      Ohhh my house next.. & I pay in Bacon! Nice Crispy Bacon.....

If you want to clean my house, I pay in cold hard cash!

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
        when i pump up the dose, am i gon' die? or am i gonna kill people?

have you died? or have you killed people?
        I have not died, and as long as no one finds the body, I have not killed anyone. But I am seriously considering going outside and booting Imperio's feathery butt to make her SHUT UP.

I know two people who started iodine at the full 12.5 mg with no companion supplements. One (prescribed Iodoral by her doctor, surprisingly) had no problem with it. One (prescribed iodine by Doctor Google after her Doctor HMO said she might as well give up on losing weight until after menopause) only had a brassy taste in her mouth. So I am either being a Very Sensitive Flower Indeed (which I hate) or I'm just in a bad mood unrelated to iodine altogether. This is very possible.

Valhalla, now TWO of them are squawking. It's time for me to break out some KungFu Panda moves.
        JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

• What symptoms are you having?
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
            What symptoms are you having?
            Mostly I'm just so tired and GRUMPY. It isn't as bad as over the weekend though. I can't even say it's due to iodine (which I don't take on the weekends), because sometimes grumpy moods just strike and hang around for a few days. Releasing my next book is stressing me out, which may be triggering this, and fatigue is my normal state of being, although over the weekend it was approaching sedation. I'm not able to point the finger at anything for certain.

Comment

• I need to look into iodine..i am in the beginning stages of menopause and my weight is driving my crazy.
              To Err Is Human
              To Forgive Is Canine

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              My Journal
              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread94923.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              SW~220
              CW~136
              GW-125

Comment

• Originally posted by Cave Woman View Post
                I, on the other hand, can make a mess magically appear anywhere.
                I thought I was the only one with this magical power!
                "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
                "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
                "Moderation sucks." Suse
                "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
                "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by winencandy View Post
                  I thought I was the only one with this magical power!
                  I too have this magical ability!
                  Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by vanessa40 View Post
                    I have to tell you that everytime i see your avi i smile ..i just love pandas
                    I got such a kick out of that picture.

Comment

• BECOMING MAGICAL: AN IODINE STORY
                      Week Three

Days One-Three
                      After astounding Lady Friend with my new imperviousness to the cold, I am freezing again. The house is an Ice Age at sixty-four. Cranking it up to seventy, I am soon far too hot. The thermostat and I play a game of chicken, and I keep losing. But in the morning now when I first wake up, I am noticeably warmer.

Wiping the Muggle from your cells is a lengthy process, where for every step forward, you also take two back and six to the side. My brain and I spend three days at war. I want to work. My brain can’t focus. I want to stay awake. My brain decides to doze. I remind my brain that it has been sleeping well almost every night, and my brain reminds me that in the end, it makes the decisions, not me. We wrestle around and I get some work done, but not as much as I would like. Hot, cold, awake, asleep, scattered, focused . . . it’s like living in a circus. I try to zap Lady Friend and fail.

Day Four
                      Any day that starts at 3:30 with a long drive to an airport is bound to be troubled. On the drive back through the maze of freeways that separates the Magical Bamboo Forest from the airport, direction-deficient Gay Panda set the GPS to HOME for some guidance. However, the GPS translated HOME to ADVENTURE, and together we see a lot more of California over the next few hours than I intended. At last I arrive home, and though I am understandably tired, I am not wrecked. But I am having very intense carb cravings, and consider driving half an hour for a burrito lunch or dinner. I almost do it, but in the end, I am just too wiped out.

Days Five and Six (No Iodine Days)
                      Although I hark from a volatile family, I do not have a volatile temperament. But every family has its black sheep, and that would be Gay Panda, who feels no need to scream or shout or argue, and would rather give people happy faces on their feelings charts than sad ones. Yet I wake up grouchy and snippy and exhausted, and with a vague tightness in my throat. It is so vague that I am not even sure that it is there, but it must be or I would not have thought of it in the first place.

These are two disastrous days. I have a tiny energetic hot spot on my arm, and I can’t remember if it’s always been there or if it’s new. That I don’t know annoys me, but my arms are covered in freckles and scars and spots, and it isn’t like I keep a catalogue of them. My carb cravings are insane and I desperately want a burrito. Yet wanting it so badly annoys me even more. I don’t like feeling at the mercy of my body, and so I just eat apples. I want Lady Friend to come back from her trip and yell at me to be normal, because sometimes that works. I perform the Salt Flush several times and note no improvement.

I am almost in a state of sedation by Sunday afternoon, even though all I’ve done is house cleaning. No work has gotten done, not one word, and I am left to Animal Hoarders and Nanny 911 for activities. I’m furious at nothing, which makes me more furious because I want a target. But nothing is wrong in my life, other than the usual, and I go to bed early in a Death Star Emotional Collapse.

Day Seven
                      After a dreadful weekend, I wake up put back together. My throat is fine. My dreams explicitly told me what I was doing wrong in a short story, and I try to gather my mental scatter to write it down. By afternoon, my concentration has improved enough to get in a few mostly good hours of work.

I need to clean the last part of the house, but my energy is still running on Empty. This makes me jealous of an acquaintance who could not speak highly enough of how much energy she received on the same dosage. What is it like to have energy? Gay Panda does not know. The only times I have energy were under these circumstances:

A: Hydroplaning.
                      B: Slipping while cliff climbing.
                      C: When my college friend/blood enemy Pigpen accidentally set herself on fire.

But these are not daily events. However, having returned to my usual placid and peaceable panda nature is a relief. In the evening, I go out for dinner and have a lovely time. Whatever caused the Weekend Storm has blown over, and I wonder if Lady Friend can feel me zapping her on her business trip. Maybe she will write in and tell us. After dinner my brain is still puttering on fine, and I write until 2:30 in the morning.

Am I magical yet?

Comment

• Thanks for the update. Sorry for the cranky Panda days. We all have them.

Maybe you should take the iodine every day? I thought the pulse dosing was only for people who are experiencing a lot of detox and/or when moving up to a new level.

I moved up to 10mg today. I decided to try to get to 12.5mg while on vacatin this week. Then I will trade off between 1 iodoral tablet and 5 drops of lugol's 2%. I may be crazy, but I feel as if I am getting more benefit from the liquid.
                        Primal since 9/24/2010
                        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Good Morning..
                          I can relate to being the black sheep of the family. My family was the same but i was the one that kept it all inside with a smile on my face...inside i was scraming.
                          I hope you are having a better day.
                          To Err Is Human
                          To Forgive Is Canine

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          My Journal
                          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread94923.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          SW~220
                          CW~136
                          GW-125

Comment

• Gay Panda- I just wanted to pop in and say that your newest post in your blog is very moveing- thank you for posting it.

*biiiig swine-flu free hug whether my sex makes you cringe or not*

I think it's amazing, and horrible, what religion can drive people to do. Can I say I'm glad you weren't successful at killing yourself? Then I never could have "met" you- however much one can meet via the interwebs. I am very, very glad, that you came out of it knowing that you are who you are and that it won't, and shouldn't change. Not everyone gets to that point.
                            http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• Pandog be struttin. - Imgur

Panda. BloodOrchid. What is going on here?

http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• So, are you taking care of all those sheep and lambs besides being grumpy? That's a lot of poop clean up for Gay Panda -- and a lot of possible germs, or all the sheep all out on pasture now?

I do hope you're feeling much less tired and much less grumpy. Grumpy tired pandas are not happy pandas.

Sending happy thoughts. Maybe we could send your tiredness to my neighbors (it's only supposed to be one neighbor -- go figure) so they will sleep at night.

Comment

Working...
                                X