X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Owly View Post
    Came across this today and thought of your recent post, Panda:

Weighty Matters: We Can't Always Afford to Wait for the Evidence
    That was a thoughtful and beautiful piece!

And I agree, we can't wait, because likely we'll be waiting the rest of our lives.
    JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

• i had to load up on pain meds last night so i actually passed out before 4am, but verily shall i read your panda-loonery on this eve
      beautiful
      yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
      lol

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
        i had to load up on pain meds last night so i actually passed out before 4am, but verily shall i read your panda-loonery on this eve
        I love you for using the word verily.

Nothing like reliving the shit jobs one had as a teenager!

Comment

• "I am tired of being fat, and I wish eating primal would solve it"

This.

Hello GP, hope you don't mind me weighing in and adding to your journal. I was invited to come visit you by primalcajun and lopisheep And what a time. I could have wept reading your 3 parter on Primal weight loss. I like many of you cannot hardly stand the weekly success stories. I mean really? WTF??I have been eating this way well over a year and have lost and gained all over the spectrum! I know I will never go back to the SAD diet because health wise I feel 100% better BUT, I want to not be FAT anymore. I go on torterous loonngg azz hikes that make my 50 year old knees scream at me sometimes, I lift heavy weights faithfully, I move everyday, I even try sprints, everything, Yet still I am playing with the same pounds like they are a favored toy. I have tried leptin reset, iodine, low carb, no carb, high carb, high fat, low fat. I have tried just eating when hungry, I have fasted for days!!! Now I am just going to BREATHE and take a break. Oh I will continue to eat healthy because I feel better, but I am not reading another D**n thread about a tweak,. I am instead going to eat primal foods, and chill out for awhile.
          Sorry for the tirade but wow this really touched a tender spot!

Comment

• Yep. Tweaks are out! I'm going to water fast until I've lost all my weight and then I becoming a breatharian. And then....

:-) :-) :-)

Originally posted by longing2bfit View Post
            "I am tired of being fat, and I wish eating primal would solve it"

This.

Hello GP, hope you don't mind me weighing in and adding to your journal. I was invited to come visit you by primalcajun and lopisheep And what a time. I could have wept reading your 3 parter on Primal weight loss. I like many of you cannot hardly stand the weekly success stories. I mean really? WTF??I have been eating this way well over a year and have lost and gained all over the spectrum! I know I will never go back to the SAD diet because health wise I feel 100% better BUT, I want to not be FAT anymore. I go on torterous loonngg azz hikes that make my 50 year old knees scream at me sometimes, I lift heavy weights faithfully, I move everyday, I even try sprints, everything, Yet still I am playing with the same pounds like they are a favored toy. I have tried leptin reset, iodine, low carb, no carb, high carb, high fat, low fat. I have tried just eating when hungry, I have fasted for days!!! Now I am just going to BREATHE and take a break. Oh I will continue to eat healthy because I feel better, but I am not reading another D**n thread about a tweak,. I am instead going to eat primal foods, and chill out for awhile.

Comment

• Originally posted by longing2bfit View Post
              No apology necessary! Step away from tweaks and take a breather, and those Friday Success Stories are hard for a lot of us. I am happy for those people. I just want to be ONE of them.

Comment

• lol@ Pam and Thanks Panda!!
                I know I am happy for them also (I don't really want to stab them with tweezers!) I just cannot fathom 'effortless' melting! I mean is there some little secret that we are all missing? Because If I ever find out there is some little secret that they did not share with the rest of us, then there won't be a corner far enough away to hide in, ya know?

Comment

• Well, I actually had the best results when I did what Panda and lopisheep are talking about and just let go of the worrying and the counting. Not *melting* exactly, but definitely easier and less stressful than when I was freaking the hell out over macro ratios, VLC, this fat, that protein, ZOMG bananas!, and so on. All that worry was making me hate food, and let me tell you primal brothers and sisters, me hating food is just not on. I'm the woman who eats her way through every country we visit.
                  “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• Just yes to all of the above. I've joined VT's Scale Challenge (as in, don't get on the damn thing). Just feel the need to relax more about my eating and nudge myself towards big picture health and maintaining generally good habits, not obsessing about every little thing. I've wasted far too much time and energy "working" on weight loss, yet end up in the same 5 kg range that I've been for the last decade anyway. I'm tired. I'm over it.
                    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Another set of lamb triplets this morning! It's becoming a madhouse in the lambing jugs!!

Comment

• Oh, and if you need something just plain AWFUL for your Monday, I posted MST3K's short A Date With Your Family on Pandaloonery.

< shudder >

Comment

• Ah, but what a wonderful madhouse:-) I mean, try being unhappy in the middle of a bunch of lambs or goats.

Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
                          Another set of lamb triplets this morning! It's becoming a madhouse in the lambing jugs!!

Comment

• Originally posted by lopisheep View Post
                            I mean, try being unhappy in the middle of a bunch of lambs or goats.
                            I am not sure that that would be possible! They're such a mix-up of colors this year. One is white with black knees and four brown feet.

Comment

• Whoever mentioned the toxic enviornment has a very, very good point. I lost 30# in 6 months with, like, no effort whatsoever. I was still heavy, but I was moving steadily in the right direction. Then fall and the holidays started. I've been fighting gaining for the last 18 months. Right now, I'm heavier than when I started. 220# is the unofficial number as of this morning. Why? Between wheat EVERYWHERE and a work enviornment that is wearing me out and stressing me out- I keep losing bits and pieces of PB and can't get them back. All I have at the moment is "no wheat" and even that is iffy.

I don't know why I'm posting this here except that, well, I think the cards are stacked against us being healthy whether we had that initial flush of success or not.
                              http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• Once again your eloquence astounds me, GP. I'm right there witcha.

Super kewt lambie pies, Lady Friend. Up to your eyeballs in baaaaassss, aren't you?
                                "There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls." - George Carlin

Comment

Working...
                                X