No announcement yet.

Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you are not already, I would suggest saving your magnesium for evenings only. It will make you very sleepy!
    Depression Lies

Comment

• Not to confuse the issue (although I guess by saying that you are prepared for the probability that I will indeed do just that) but...I have currently been doing research on CoQ10 and a deficiency has many of the same symptoms (my DH is taking Statins and I cannot get him to stop because he thinks his world famous cardiologist knows more than his wife. and they create an issue with CoQ10).

Anyway, if it turns out the iodine isn't it, maybe the CoQ10 would help. (there are food sources too). Also, I believe that blood tests can be done for deficiencies, and while the tests may be pricey, certainly it would be worth gaining life and not having to experiment with expensive supplements that might not be necessary?
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Dearest Gay Panda...I am in your boat. I have stalled on the weight loss...have gained & lost the same 3 pounds over the last month & a half. I can't figure out what's going on & its making me nuts! There's a reason & I must find that reason so I can fix it! I just recently had a complete thyroid panel done & doc says even tho my numbers are in the "ranges" I can still have "functional thyroid disorder". Which he thinks I do. I've been taking 2 supplements to help with that, but can't see that they've helped all that much...except I do feel better. But I attribute that to more of the primal diet than any supplements. He wanted to do another test...to test my adrenals. I am doing that today here at home...there is a kit with everything you need to do your spit & pee tests & then you send it back in & they send the results to the doc. The darn test cost me $220 but if it shows my adrenals have blown up or my cortisol levels or DHEA levels are bad then at least we can take the steps necessary to fix it. There is no reason I shouldn't be losing like I was, that I can think of. *sigh* I just wish I could be "normal" & like others that say the fat has just melted off of them in a rather short period of time. I will evidently never be one of "those" people.

have a wonderful day!!!
        Last edited by theprimalcajun; 03-20-2012, 11:34 AM.
        Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• Be a PatientPanda. Give it at least three weeks(the magic rule of thumb) before you start analyzing. You'll have LadyFriend (or pounds- your choice) levitating across the room before you know it.

Comment

• Originally posted by theprimalcajun View Post
            Dearest Gay Panda...I am in your boat. I have stalled on the weight loss...have gained & lost the same 3 pounds over the last month & a half.
            Is there room for me??? I've only lost 3 lbs since May 2011!

Originally posted by theprimalcajun View Post
            *sigh* I just wish I could be "normal" & like others that say the fat has just melted off of them in a rather short period of time. I will evidently never be one of "those" people.
            Neither will I...
            "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
            "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
            "Moderation sucks." Suse
            "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
            "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• I'm afraid I have no words of wisdom to offer since my body has refused to go below a certain point in weight for approximately the last 30 years, since I was a growing (read: alarmingly quickly expanding) teen. That lowest point was reached after some strenuous Atkins-ing just before a family wedding. Despite still being about 10 kg above my ideal, I revelled in it. For one day only. <sigh>

So just lots of sympathy and empathy and any other -pathy I can offer, Panda. I hope you find an answer soon.
              I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Originally posted by Sigi View Post
                So just lots of sympathy and empathy and any other -pathy I can offer, Panda. I hope you find an answer soon.
                Look out for the socio-pathy!
                There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

Comment

• Raise your hand if the pounds just melt away!!!!

<<< crickets >>>
                  JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

• *more crickets*
                    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Griffin View Post
                      Look out for the socio-pathy!
                      I'm not a sociopath! My mother had me tested!
                      I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Originally posted by Sigi View Post
                        I'm not a sociopath! My mother had me tested!
                        Thanks, Sheldon.
                        Did she get you test for psychopathy and endopathy as well?
                        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
                          Raise your hand if the pounds just melt away!!!!

<<< crickets >>>
                          *raises hand enthusiastically!* Me, me!

But I'm sooo awesome they just couldn't stay away and have slowly returned to bask in my glory. I believe I'm only missing 3 at this point.
                          http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• Oh hhqdnmfh5,

What a coincidence! I was just thinking about you last night. Everyone, hhqdnmfh5 is one of those annoying people who DOES have the luxury of pounds 'just melting away'. And this is why I am hitting the Death Triangle on you, hhqdnmfh5, because I am jealous as hell. I've been tolerant of my trolls lately, but you're getting under my skin. You cheat and cheat and cheat on primal and still made your goal in a lousy five months. I don't know how you do it. I work and work and work on primal but my body is just not interested in losing. I may have to accept this size as the best my body can do, but it's hard when people like you, hhqdnmfh5, come to my journal and flaunt their easy success in front of me.

And so, since I am thoroughly annoyed to have found you here this morning, I am shutting off my online biochemistry journals and MDA for the next few hours to write instead, since I have a book to edit for April and a short story that needs flap meat inserted in it somewhere, and I am better at writing than I am at losing weight. I also need to do laundry, and I think that I just might have to call Lady Friend and ask if she felt a zap at work today. If she says yes, then my magical skills are improving.

Get your average-sized ass out of my journal, hhqd-whateverthehellyournameis,
                            Gay Panda
                            JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

• hhhmmm I had a visit from hhqd-whateverthehellyournameis & I wasn't sure whether he/she was a troll or not. Now I'm sure he/she is & will hit the magic triangle myself in my journal! I was gonna just ignore it but I haven't had the opportunity to try out the magic triangle yet!

Have a wonderful day writing GP!!
                              Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• ...and I think that I just might have to call Lady Friend and ask if she felt a zap at work today. If she says yes, then my magical skills are improving.
                                Even if she says "no" your magical powers of technomancy seem to be improving, hhqdnmfh5 seems to have been banished to the nether regions of cyber-hades.
                                There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

Comment

Working...
                                X