Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Gay Panda, while there's nothing wrong with wild hope now and then, I feel obligated to let you know that I have always eaten a lot of stuff from the ocean, living right next to it and all, and one of my child's favourite snacks is seaweed so I eat a lot of that too. Sometimes she demands miso soup "with the big seaweeds" for breakfast and I usually indulge that just so I can be smug about it to other parents. ("Oh, your kid has cereal every morning? Mine usually has a vegetable omelette but sometimes she reeeeally wants miso soup with extra seaweed. Yes, I make the dashi myself, I hate those restaurants where they just use a mix...") Anyway, despite a LOT of trying I am not the slightest bit psychic, and neither is my kid. (I hope.) I am pretty sure I am as iodine-replete as it is possible to be around here.

    It would also be churlish to point out (but I'm gonna do it anyway) that if dietary iodine makes for psychic powers, Japan could have done a LOT better in WWII.

    However, seaweed and fishies and shellfish are just YUMMY and you should eat them anyway, psychic powers or no. If you look hard enough you should be able to find Korean snacks of seaweed roasted with olive oil - in little packages (lots of packaging, fun!) of about 10 sheets each. They're like potato chips, only not. I mean, they're crunchy and salty and they taste good, but not like potatoes.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
      Thanks a lot, Windows Vista just hurled all over the porch!
      Nuh uh, that wasn't my doing. She coulda taken it if she hadn't faceplanted on that last jump for the food.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

      Comment


      • Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
        The third test shall be telling the future. Tell Lady friend something she'll do in the near future and wait for it to come true.
        I love this one. "Lady Friend, I predict that on Monday you will go to work."

        And she WILL.
        JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by spughy View Post
          Gay Panda, while there's nothing wrong with wild hope now and then, I feel obligated to let you know that I have always eaten a lot of stuff from the ocean, living right next to it and all, and one of my child's favourite snacks is seaweed so I eat a lot of that too. Sometimes she demands miso soup "with the big seaweeds" for breakfast and I usually indulge that just so I can be smug about it to other parents. ("Oh, your kid has cereal every morning? Mine usually has a vegetable omelette but sometimes she reeeeally wants miso soup with extra seaweed. Yes, I make the dashi myself, I hate those restaurants where they just use a mix...") Anyway, despite a LOT of trying I am not the slightest bit psychic, and neither is my kid. (I hope.) I am pretty sure I am as iodine-replete as it is possible to be around here.

          However, seaweed and fishies and shellfish are just YUMMY and you should eat them anyway, psychic powers or no.
          Stop farting all over my cherished cubhood dreams, spughy!!!

          Since I'm so texture-averse and a supertaster to boot, I accept my limitations with sea life. However, I do like crab, so I'm going to add that into my diet as often as possible. That was my lunch yesterday and it was awesome.
          JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

          Comment


          • I think we're all psychic, just not in very interesting ways

            i.e. "Drat, I knew I shouldn't have answered that call" and "I had a feeling the cats would barf on that dress if I left it on the bed instead of hanging it up"
            Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
            Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
            "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

            Comment


            • Originally posted by ottercat View Post
              I think we're all psychic, just not in very interesting ways

              i.e. "Drat, I knew I shouldn't have answered that call" and "I had a feeling the cats would barf on that dress if I left it on the bed instead of hanging it up"
              I'm not even that level of remedial psychic. One night the cat jumped on the table (which is NOT allowed in my home) and barfed RIGHT ON MY BIRTHDAY PRESENTS. I had no forewarning. Maybe iodine will help.
              JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

              Comment


              • Crab-stuffed mushrooms. Ummm. Made those just a couple of weeks ago, but thinking about them makes me want to make them again.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                  Crab-stuffed mushrooms. Ummm. Made those just a couple of weeks ago, but thinking about them makes me want to make them again.
                  Crab:
                  Mushroom:
                  That is all.

                  Today Gay Panda discovered the joy of playing with smiley icons.
                  JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

                  Comment


                  • Gay Panda,

                    May I introduce myself as the latest fan in your fan club. I have read the whole blog. I have laughed, and cried, and laughed until I cried. There's no better ab workout on the market!

                    I am a participant on the Iodine Thread, and I am so very anxious to hear you do on your Iodoral. I am hoping you have also purchased your companion nutrients and your Celtic Sea Salt? Good luck!!!

                    Gwynn

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Gwynn View Post
                      I have read the whole blog. I have laughed, and cried, and laughed until I cried.

                      I am a participant on the Iodine Thread, and I am so very anxious to hear you do on your Iodoral. I am hoping you have also purchased your companion nutrients and your Celtic Sea Salt?
                      Hi, Gwynn! I'm glad my journal makes you giggle.

                      I have a jar of pink Himalayan Salt since my store does not believe in Celtic Sea Salt, so I've been hoping that's good enough. I'm debating what to do about the companion nutrients (I already take multivitamins but I am unsure if they are high enough in values). That can be weekend research for me. Anyway, let's just see how much Muggle I can clean out of my system in preparation for the psychic powers to come.

                      Ready . . .
                      . . . Set . . .
                      . . . . . MAGIC!!! . . . . .

                      What's not to trust about medical information from a hippie website with stars and exclamation points?
                      JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by NOMnomNOM View Post
                        you guys really get my mind off of things that my mind thinks are serious like why i wasn't born in the form of Adonis
                        I ask myself the same thing every day.
                        JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

                        Comment


                        • had i known i would enhance my already present espn senses by taking more iodine i would have bought ten bottles of lugols by now

                          and the pretty pink salt is on my amazon wishlist so high five if it works too
                          beautiful
                          yeah you are

                          Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                          lol

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                            had i known i would enhance my already present espn senses by taking more iodine i would have bought ten bottles of lugols by now
                            That made me howl. You'll be predicting sports wins!!!
                            JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

                            Comment


                            • my god D: think of the money i could win!!!

                              i'm buying and drinking those 10 bottles tonight!
                              beautiful
                              yeah you are

                              Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                              lol

                              Comment


                              • I recently found a site, in which an American family collects seaweed and then turns it into granules so that you can sprinkle it on other food. The kelp granules taste very much like salt. The beauty of trying to get iodine from food is of course you don't need to worry so much about supplement balance. Here is a link in case you are interested...https://www.seaveg.com/shop/
                                Chris
                                "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                                Unknown

                                My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

                                My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X