No announcement yet.

Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am having a procrastination fest here, too--hence my multiple forum replies. Obviously, I'm avoiding work. Meep.
    Female / 5' 8" / 42 / SW: 166 CW: 159
    Journal: Inspired by success story. Working on my own.

My mermish life: ENTER to WIN Real Mermaids Don't Hold Their Breath (until Mar 15)

Comment

• Hooray for procrastination fests!!!

What I Should Be Doing: making a rough sketch of what I want the cover artist to create for the book.

What I Am Doing: hanging around MDA reading the Iodine and Gripe of the Day threads, cooking a cross-rib roast, watching a video of a kitten playing with a baby monkey, listening to Ke$ha . . .
      JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

• Meep meep! I was just given an "impossible" deadline, only to findthat what they want done requires far less work than they thought. I'll take advantage of that, screw around on here, and send it in an hour before that supposedly "impossible" deadline.
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by kcarol View Post
          I always see these 200-300 page logs and feel like an exclusive party is going on in there. I'm like, "Hey, what's going on in there guys?? You're 200 pages deep I haven't read a lick of it! May I still post here so I feel special...?"
          Be warned, though, you'll be popping back in here for updates on an alarmingly regular basis. If you happen to be able to keep yourself away for a couple of days, get ready for some catching up- it is prolific! (In a good way)
          http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
            watching a video of a kitten playing with a baby monkey.
            Did you find that on Jezebel or just through surfing?
            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• *cues up ke$ha on playlist*

*parties in my chair*

*opens document* sigh...
              Female / 5' 8" / 42 / SW: 166 CW: 159
              Journal: Inspired by success story. Working on my own.

My mermish life: ENTER to WIN Real Mermaids Don't Hold Their Breath (until Mar 15)

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                Did you find that on Jezebel or just through surfing?
                No, Lady Friend sent it to me. I don't know where she got it, but probably Facebook.

Comment

• Originally posted by thepigisatastyanimal View Post
                  *cues up ke$ha on playlist*
                  Blo is one of the most bizarre videos I have ever seen, and she makes a lot of bizarre videos.

Comment

• OMG, your loaf game reminds me of a story I just told Pebbles about my brother in law and his parents and a pair of ugly golf shoes..."that his parents wanted him to take off to college with him. He said they were so ugly even if he played he wouldn't wear them so no point taking them. Well his mom wanted them out of the house so she hid them in his car. Well next time he came home he hid them in her closet. So when they went to visit they hid them under his bed, and so forth. When they met my sister, they gave her a gift wrapped box and said now don't tell him about this till you get home, it is a surprise-so when they got home, she was so proud of herself for not saying anything the whole trip back, and she handed him the box and he basically said "I told you to never take anything from my parents"-yep it was those shoes (this is at least 10 years after college). Last I heard he had hid them in his parents chest freezer and dates them every time he goes home to visit, and the last time he went to date the package, they were not there. "
                    Chris
                    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by drssgchic View Post
                      Be warned, though, you'll be popping back in here for updates on an alarmingly regular basis. If you happen to be able to keep yourself away for a couple of days, get ready for some catching up- it is prolific! (In a good way)
                      I can't stay away. I check this journal just to get an escape almost every day ... ok, daily .. multiple times. I admit, i don't post much, but you guys really get my mind off of things that my mind thinks are serious like why i wasn't born in the form of Adonis only to find MDA and primal as a way to put on weight and muscle mass WTF

Comment

• Lady Friend!!! I skanked the post you put on the lightly-traveled Research forum and slapped it up here.

"I am fighting with my Kaiser doctor to get more tests since I am NOT losing weight, even with a strict low-carb diet for the last year - I have not lost ANY weight in the last five months. She is telling me to exercise more! (For those who know me, they know I farm for a living and am VERY active. Plus I do Pilates, half hour of PT every morning and get on the treadmill if I have an "office" day at work. I keep telling her that to no avail.) Sigh.

Maybe I'm shooting myself in the foot, but in response to her saying my "bad cholesterol is high," I am arguing about how my low triglycerides are good and did they test for the dense LDL or just count all of it? I'm wondering - has anyone had any luck with getting a Kaiser doc to listen to them and get help?

As I mentioned, I am having trouble losing weight and I think it might be thyroid related - but my T4/TSH are normal. I'm trying to get her to test for T3 and I'd really like an appointment with endo. I was also a vegetarian for 20 years (what the hell was I thinking?!?) and am allergic to ALL aquatic life, so there is no fish in my diet. I'm wondering if my iodine levels might be low and causing thyroid issues . . ."

Comment

• Can't Lady Friend go to another doctor? I finally called the naturopath and said, "I want a thyroid panel". It turned out my doctor has moved to Oregon, but her replacement went ahead and ordered one for me.
                          Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
                          Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
                          "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

Comment

• Dearest Panda,

I beg of you to take a modicum of care with how you bandy about such terms as "flap meat".

I have no idea what that term means in the US of A, but in a large part of the remainder of the English-speaking world it has certain other connotations. Connotations which you may not wish others to associate with you and your butcher and your freezer.

Good luck with your kitchen experiment.

<Eww>
                            I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Love the Loaf story.

I just got back from a week of helping my mom downsize into a condo, from the 2500 sq ft house she's lived in for the past 35 years. Amongst the many treasures, I found a box of asbestos (actual fluffy asbestos. It was a sample box from a mining company and my mom tried to convince me there was nothing weird about that) and, in the cold room (always a fun place to explore) there was the old .22 I thought forever gone (yay!) and some home-canned moose stew labeled - and I kid you not - 1989. "I'm sure it's still good," my mom said. I didn't test it.

It is good to be back in civilization where I have an actual computer to type on instead of just a phone. I'm all caught up on the saga of Gay Panda now and it feels like life is returning to normal.

My pampered pets have told me that they are not willing to share their food with Windows Vista, unfortunately, but lucky for you she's likely to be detained indefinitely at the border. Canadian border guards are sticky about documentation but they'll probably feed her well.

Comment

• Originally posted by ottercat View Post
                                Can't Lady Friend go to another doctor? I finally called the naturopath and said, "I want a thyroid panel". It turned out my doctor has moved to Oregon, but her replacement went ahead and ordered one for me.
                                She actually ended up referring me to endo. I think she's actually trying to help but is just confused as to what the problem could possibly be what with my blood tests coming back all "normal" looking and such. I'll try to post some of the back and forth here if y'all are interested?
                                Got Panda? Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and now Pandaloonery!

Comment

Working...
                                X