Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lady Friend View Post
    Maybe that's because Amazon doesn't understand "Magical Bamboo Forest Standard Time?"
    LOL. That's the trouble with living in TomorrowLand (aka Australia). Amazon can't cope with people from the future ordering stuff from them ...
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Comment

• You might have heard a crash in February. That was Gay Panda driving headfirst into yet another weight loss pause.

For one lovely day in early February I was in the 170s, and then I bounced back into the 180s and the panda body has been content to stay there. Now it is March and I am still in the 180s, and I wonder if my body just can’t do more. I never was able to get to the 170s by conventional means, and it may be that I can’t do it through primal either. I surf through forum threads about resets and supplements and mineral deficiencies and intermittent fasting and voodoo sacrifices with a sense of despair. Tomorrow I will likely be in a more gracious and accepting mood, but today is not that day. Today I just want to not be fat any longer, to not have to think about food or ratios or vitamins or any of it.

Maybe this is normal when one has been working on weight loss long-term. I am not one of those lucky people who loses twelve pounds a month and writes a Success Story five months after stumbling over MDA. I’m coming up on one year now of primal, and with plenty of years full of yo-yo dieting issues before that. It’s exhausting to think of how much of my life has circled around weight, and then I feel bad for complaining when other people have a much harder time losing than I do. But I am still tired of thinking about it and hoping for it and if a voodoo sacrifice would break this pause, I would be on my knees drawing a chalk circle or sharpening needles over a Cabbage Patch Doll or whatever it is that one does for a voodoo ritual.

Since I don’t have a Cabbage Patch Doll, perhaps I should select one of the neighbors’ dogs. We have serious contenders with Shelob and Dr. Evil in the lead, but Sauron or Voldemort would also be fine. Captain Suicide has been yipping nonstop down one end of the block with Professor Chaos yipping nonstop down the other end of the block. I finally lost my temper with the incessantly barking Shelob the other day and shouted out the door to that damn creature a foul comment concerning its parentage braced by the richest of obscenities, and realized too late the owner was out there. So Gay Panda is not losing weight or winning friends lately, and will be taking this bad mood and sinus headache to bed now.
      JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

• Yippy neighbour dogs drive me banoonoos. <hugs>
        Female / 5' 8" / 42 / SW: 166 CW: 159
        Journal: Inspired by success story. Working on my own.

My mermish life: ENTER to WIN Real Mermaids Don't Hold Their Breath (until Mar 15)

Comment

• Get some knockoff Hersheys dark and chunk it over the fence. Lace it with antifreeze for good measure.
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Soft Kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur......
            Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• Thank you, everyone! I feel better now. I made myself watch the Captain Picard Alphabet Song video and that always cheers me up. I think I'll post that on Pandaloonery tomorrow for everyone's dose of Start Your Monday With a GAH!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
                Thank you, everyone! I feel better now. I made myself watch the Captain Picard Alphabet Song video and that always cheers me up. I think I'll post that on Pandaloonery tomorrow for everyone's dose of Start Your Monday With a GAH!!!
                Oh, not a Gah! More an Ahahaha! Took me way back to my early days watching Sesame Street when I first heard that song. (I vaguely remember the Cookie Monster was somehow involved. In the version stuck in my brain, "C, you're like cookies in a jar ...".) *Almost* as weird as Captain Picard.
                I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Comment

• I remember when I was two watching Mr. Rogers and thinking it was SO COOL how he could toss his shoe and always catch it in the opening sequence. I was not a graceful cub.

Comment

I remember when I was two watching Mr. Rogers and thinking it was SO COOL how he could toss his shoe and always catch it in the opening sequence. I was not a graceful cub.
                    See, I was always amazed at his ability to not kill the inhabitants of the Land of Make Believe. According to my mother, I would tell the puppets that they were being stupid for not seeing it until Mr. Rogers pointed it out. "Share it, meanie!"
                    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                    My Latest Journal

Comment

• I loathed the Land of Make Believe. Dammit, Toddler Panda wanted to watch some more shoe tossin'!!! Then I would practice with my own.

Comment

• The puppets were too creepy. I loved it when he visited factories and farms. And sang. I still love hearing 'real people' sing, bumps and all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                          The puppets were too creepy. I loved it when he visited factories and farms. And sang. I still love hearing 'real people' sing, bumps and all.
                          Two of of my favorite episodes point to who I am today: the one where he teaches some basic recipes, and the bridge episode.
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

• In honor of Mr. Rogers, for a 10th grade history project I dressed up in a green cardigan, threw my shoe, and performed the French Revolution with puppets before my teacher Mr. Pervert and three dozen horrified students.

No, Young Gay Panda was not cool.

Comment

• Come to think of it, it was my lefty grandfather that pointed out that Mr. Rogers was a lefty too, just like us. Where I heard of his death, I dug out the only cardigan I owned at that point (a god awful handkint olive and orange monstrosity made by my granny) and wore to school that day, in honor of him. So did half my school (I went to a school for freaks, geeks, and nerds, what can I say?)

eta: Upon further research, grampa lied to me! Mr. Rogers isn't a lefty. My childhood memories... ruined. Just like Sad Kermit and any number of other things that disabused me of my happy tv memories growing up.
                              Last edited by naiadknight; 03-05-2012, 01:41 PM.
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

In honor of Mr. Rogers, for a 10th grade history project I dressed up in a green cardigan, threw my shoe, and performed the French Revolution with puppets before my teacher Mr. Pervert and three dozen horrified students.

No, Young Gay Panda was not cool.
                                I would have thought Young Gay Panda was awesome for doing so, but I went to a fine and performing arts high school filled with geeky, artsy nerds who did things like play Mission Impossible with finger "guns" through the downtown shopping malls and did the Monkees walk down the school hallways while singing the Imperial March.
                                “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X