No announcement yet.

Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dandelion! It restores potassium balance or something so it's not so much a diuretic as a "gets you back to normal" I have found.

p.s. loving the Dammerung. I <3 Becky >=)
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

Comment

• Originally posted by ottercat View Post
      p.s. loving the Dammerung. I <3 Becky >=)
      That was wonderful for me to read! I'm so happy you're enjoying it. Of all the characters, Becky made the top three of the ones I loved writing most. I have a fondness for the diabolical personality. (But only in print - I taught students like Becky and in person they're just terrifying.)

Dandelion! I think you've mentioned that to me before and I forgot. I'll see what Whole Foods has to offer this afternoon. Thank you!
      JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

• Originally posted by Redflame View Post
        Grace.........ahhh, that thing we are suppose to have when we really want to yell, kick, scream, and even punch the mailman in the neck. Goodluck with Grace, she left my house this morning, actually ran from my house, and I think she warned the mailman on her way out!
        I tried to hold onto Grace this afternoon, when the student I'm home instructing was carrying a bowl of Alphagetti (or one of those gross canned tomato pasta lunches) anyway, the cat jumped on the counter at the same time my Student was setting down the bowl. Gross, stinky tomato sauce went flying!! It landed on my light grey felt coat, my favourite teal silk scarf, in my HAIR and on my NEW red leather bag. I was NOT impressed.

I think I held Grace by the tips of my fingernails.
        "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
        "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
        "Moderation sucks." Suse
        "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
        "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Panda...I am right there with you!!! I've had a water spike since Friday. I'm ready for it to flush out of my body!! (pun intended!) I have some dandelion, so I'm going to try some of that as well, thanks to Ottercat for suggesting this!

Patience is NOT one of my virtues either & Grace has been hiding all weekend because this Primal Cajun has not been very happy!!

But the tape measure this morning showed progress while the scale has not...so I will try & "ignore" it. Maybe "it" will get tired of hanging around & leave my body & seek greener pastures.

hang in there Panda...we'll be ok!!!
          Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
            What if that is what is happening again? I doubt we’ve hit replay, but to have a water spike of some duration at this specific number is a jolt. I wasn’t expecting it to bother me this much, but it does. So I’m fighting with myself today, because part of me wants to have a tantrum and the rest of me is saying you’re in the low 180s and that’s great and the water spike will go away like it always does IN TIME. But this is where Gay Panda runs into one of the panda flaws: patience is a virtue that I do not possess in great quantities. And weight loss requires it in spades.
            Pish-tosh, Panda, there is no replay, it is not happening again. And you *are* an amazingly patient Panda; we can see that by your slow but doggedly persistent progress over many months. Numerous others have come and gone in the meantime - they try going Primal, don't lose as dramatically as they had expected, post bewildered messages in the Forum, and eventually throw their hands up in the air and flounce off to continue the hunt for that elusive, magical, make-me-an-instant-supermodel cure. But you have stuck with what you know is right for you, and patiently evaporated away 50-odd pounds of Panda.

You set a fine example for us all. We love you and have faith in you - we know you *will* reach your goals. Chin up, Panda! (ooh, look at that firm, new, streamlined chin ...)
            I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Originally posted by Sigi View Post
              Pish-tosh, Panda, there is no replay, it is not happening again. And you *are* an amazingly patient Panda; we can see that by your slow but doggedly persistent progress over many months.

You set a fine example for us all. We love you and have faith in you - we know you *will* reach your goals. Chin up, Panda! (ooh, look at that firm, new, streamlined chin ...)
              I forbid a replay! And yet today I am up EVEN MORE. My body is just loving this water spike and I'm not eating anything to cause it. That made me laugh about the streamlined chin, because the last of the fat in that region of the panda form is refusing to honor its eviction notice.

Oh well. How are you doing? Has your skin stayed under control in the last month?

Comment

• @theprimalcajun - I hear you! Go AWAY, water. The tape measure was the savior of my sanity last August and October when my weight just would not budge for anything.

@winencandy - NO NO NO. That did NOT happen to you! How long did it take to clean?

@anjelevil - Good luck on your new 30-day challenge! I hope you're feeling better. For some reason, going into ketosis always gives me insomnia for a few days.

Comment

• @Boopy - I won on the laundry, I lost on the sink! So that will be today's entertainment. Come on, next whoosh!!!

@Redflame - I kicked Grace out this morning after I saw that I was up yet again for no reason. Maybe she'll come back to you like a boomerang?

@newlifejourney - How totally awkward! I had the same thing happen at a restaurant years ago. I looked over at another table and there was my counselor right there eating a plate of Eggs Benedict. And right then he saw me, and Uncomfortable Nods ensued.

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                    Grace [GRAES] (n.)- 1)Something Naiadknight only pretends to have, as evidenced by her innate ability to harm herself and others without even trying, usually while trying to do something else. This is confirmed in studies done by her friends and family. 2) A sense of fitness or propriety, something else Naiadknight tends to have in short supply, usually only when it's quite obvious that she needs to or should have kept her mouth shut.
                    Lady Friend absolutely loved your definition of grace!

Comment

• Panda-
                      1) Glad she liked it!
                      2) This too shall pass. This water spike is your body being stubborn and trying to hold onto what it thinks it NEEDS, regardless of whether or not it actually does. It's a waiting game. You'll eventually win once the body realizes "hey, gee, maybe I don't need this if he's gonna keep eating real food." I had that same stubborn bump for awhile, too.
                      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

• sugar SUGAR SUGAR!!!

. . . and espresso . . .

Gay Panda has excellent manners in public, which is why Gay Panda only ran around the restaurant yelling on the inside.
                        Last edited by Gay Panda; 02-07-2012, 10:15 PM.

Comment

I forbid a replay! And yet today I am up EVEN MORE. My body is just loving this water spike and I'm not eating anything to cause it. That made me laugh about the streamlined chin, because the last of the fat in that region of the panda form is refusing to honor its eviction notice.

Oh well. How are you doing? Has your skin stayed under control in the last month?
                          Chin up even higher then, to give an illusion of streamlined-ness until the panda form finally co-operates!

My skin has been going along very well, thank you Panda. I have switched my skin-care and make-up strategies to deal with the somewhat increased oiliness (not that I wear much make-up anyway, just a matte kind of translucent powder), and the Sigi visage remains a zit-free zone (huzzah!).

My weight has been slowly crawling downwards again, and I'm unsure whether that's due to the restoration of a more natural hormonal function, or the fact that I have been a little tighter with my eating since The Great Fairy of Debauchery Fiasco of last December. I've been paying more attention to the suggestions which Paleobird set out in her epic Calorie Counting and Distillation thread ( ::: waves at Paleobird in the event that she is reading ::: ), upping the protein a bit and slightly lowering the admittedly copious amounts of fat I was consuming. Copious anything is apparently not beneficial for the Rubenesque Sigi form. Who would have thought?

Oscar Wilde

Comment

sugar SUGAR SUGAR!!!

. . . and [COLOR="Magenta"]espresso
                            It must be the full moon. I just had two of those days in a row. Today was better - less SUGAR!
                            “I've had a lot of worries in my life, most of which never happened.” ― Mark Twain

Writing on the Cave Wall - my Primal Journal

Comment

• Oh, and I forgot to say that I did indeed buy your book (my first ever e-book purchase - heee!) and am looking forward to settling down and getting into it this weekend. I'm a bit impatient, but first I have to finish another book loaned to me by a friend, which I must return to her this week. Sadly, I do not possess naiadknight's ability to read multiple novels at once.

Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Originally posted by Sigi View Post
                                Sadly, I do not possess naiadknight's ability to read multiple novels at once.
                                I admittedly - and embarassedly - usually read pretty "fluffy" novels because my brain gets used pretty hard at work, and I found that Gay Panda's book required all of my literary attention, so enjoy the fact that you'll be able to focus on it.
                                My Primal Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X