Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by phreebie View Post
    I often think back to that rhetorical question I have been occasionally asked; "If you had your time again, would you do anything differently?" I have always thought along the lines of owning one's mistakes and growing stronger and developing character through them, and so my answer was always pretty much a "no". Now I have diet and exercise routines that actually work for me, so if I had my time again, I would start on these as early as possible.

Then the taoist side of the equation arises and one asks, would I have been able to truly enjoygood health if I did not suffer poor health?

Also, I don't know if what I was doing before could be considered a mistake. Was it wrong, incorrect? Certainly. It was however following the *ahem* very best scientific and medical advice with the best of intententions and the strictest of disciplines.

Now I find myself with problems on a whole new level. I continue to look around ideas regarding health, fitness, exercise and mental acuity. Regardless of how much sense things seem to make I inevitably find myself asking;

Is this more of the CW stuff that I've been trying all of my life without success and simply repackaged?
    Is this the new breakthrough that can take me places against the flow of CW, like PB has?
    Is this some weirdo crackpot dude with a website and something to sell?

Then I think to myself, "Well Phreebie, why don't you just stick to the sites you know and trust and ignore everything else, until it's filtered by people you already trust?"

That's hardly a paradigm for self-aware learning and development though is it?

Sorry for the incoherent rambling, I promise I haven't been drinking.
    It wasn't incoherent, phreebie! You brought up a lot of interesting questions. Even though my choices have made me who I am, had I the time to live over again, I would make different choices. It's not that I dislike who I became, and it isn't as if making a different choice wouldn't have created its own problems. But I didn't pick what was best for me. I just didn't know any better at the time, which is why I went to an expensive prestigious college and landed myself massively in debt with a worthless degree and wondering where the jobs I had been told would appear were hiding.

Thank you for the TED talk! I will watch this evening when I return from pushing around my swine flu ridden cart at Whole Foods. (Damn you for going on a business trip, Lady Friend! Damn you!)
    JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tala Mosi View Post
      Congratulations, dear Panda, and I hope you did a little happy dance after stepping on the scales this morning.
      Thank you! No, I didn't dance. I just stared in shock! Frankly, if I'd looked in the mirror this morning and seen a Pegasus staring back, I couldn't have been any more surprised than I was at 179.6.

Comment

• Again, Ranma panda with the look of dumbfounded shock, picking up the scale and peering under it to make sure it wasn't busted, and repeating to make sure it wasn't a fluke. Same dumbfounded shock expression. Headscratch. Shrug of acceptance. That's about what I did when Geek told me the barbell bar was not, in fact, "only a pound or two" and I had just barbell bench pressed over a third of my body weight.
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
          That's about what I did when Geek told me the barbell bar was not, in fact, "only a pound or two" and I had just barbell bench pressed over a third of my body weight.
          That's so cool!

Comment

• Hooray for Panda - Whooooooo!
            There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

Comment

• Kittens, Gay Panda does not care what you are wearing. You can sag to the center of the earth or bare that midriff to the heavens, you can sport ridiculous shoes or whatever that red diaper thing was that Ke$ha wore under a flag shirt in her We R Who We R video, and I'm not interested. I might shake my head and wonder about what psychological damage has resulted in you relishing that kind of attention, but that's it.

However, I draw the line at a Twilight shirt which reads, "Edward can bite my pillows, break my headboard, and bruise my body anyday." That is SICK.

If you are bored this evening (as Gay Panda is since Gay Panda really should be cooking and is looking for anything to procrastinate) write in what fashion offense crosses YOUR line for all of us to enjoy!

Comment

• p.s. everyone should "Like" George Takei on facebook because he posts the best shit
                Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
                Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
                "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

Comment

• It's true. Zuckerberg is in denial, but in reality, George Takei rules Facebook.

Comment

• Ahhhhh!! You are doing so incredible! Congrats on the new low

Comment

• oh yay for the Panda!!! That is so awesome! what a great feeling!

I'm doing the happy dance for ya!!!
                      Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• I have many things I consider to be minor offenses, but there are some that cheese me off.
                        -Peep-toe boots: they make no logical sense. when the hell would it be cold enough for boots (knee high or thigh high in some cases) but hot enough for open toed shoes
                        -extremely long fingernails: again, practicality overrules whatever cool factor you think they have.
                        -Logoed clothing: Right, because I'm going to pay you to advertise for you? I think not.
                        -extremely skanky clothing: honey, have some respect for yourself and keep that in the house.
                        -stripper shoes: see above
                        -Anything that makes me go "oh, honey, no. What WERE you thinking?"
                        -skinny jeans or low cut shirts on a guy. Just no.
                        -extremely oversized gangsta clothing. It's just comical to try and watch them waddle along like penguins, holding their crotch like they hafta take a piss.
                        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                          I have many things I consider to be minor offenses, but there are some that cheese me off.
                          -Peep-toe boots: they make no logical sense. when the hell would it be cold enough for boots (knee high or thigh high in some cases) but hot enough for open toed shoes
                          -extremely long fingernails: again, practicality overrules whatever cool factor you think they have.
                          -Logoed clothing: Right, because I'm going to pay you to advertise for you? I think not.
                          -extremely skanky clothing: honey, have some respect for yourself and keep that in the house.
                          -stripper shoes: see above
                          -Anything that makes me go "oh, honey, no. What WERE you thinking?"
                          -skinny jeans or low cut shirts on a guy. Just no.
                          -extremely oversized gangsta clothing. It's just comical to try and watch them waddle along like penguins, holding their crotch like they hafta take a piss.
                          +1 to all of this!

Yay Panda for your ongoing success. You set a fine example of persistence and patience, direction not perfection, and all the other cliched-but-true sayings I can't think of off the top of my head right now.
                          Last edited by Sigi; 02-03-2012, 05:45 AM.
                          I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Comment

• History of sagging "gangsta" pants: In prison, it indicates whether you are available for teh butt sex. I'm not sure that rappers and kids these days realize this or they'd be wearing belts.
                            Depression Lies

Comment

• I have a saying, that it seems I say EVERY time I am around people:
                              "Just cuz they make it in your size does not mean you should wear it"

I see women wearing horrible clothing. Is it comfortable to wear a size 12 pant when you are an 18? With a shirt that is WAY too short......mix the two up and the look is horrible! They are constantly tugging at their clothes AND they end up looking bigger than they are!

I also cannot stand it when women have their boobs hanging out all the time........save it for the bedroom, or when you are out on the prowl. And if you are on the prowl at 8am at the grocery store then you have serious problems. Crap leave something for the imagination.

Men.....Again, if the shirt is too tight, or too short, get a bigger size. No one wants to see your gut......really! AND I dont want to see your boxers, or your tighty whiteys. Showing off the crack of your arse does not turn me on........As mentioned before, that may work in prison, but not in the free world.

And my biggest pet peeve. Do not come to me asking for a job when you look like you just rolled out of bed. You dont have to come in your Sunday best, but don't come in jeans, flip flops, and a skaters T-shirt with stains on it. Come in clean clothes that do not smell like cigarettes! I talk to at least 20 people a day asking me for a job, it is amazing what a little effort can do for their employment!
                              Redflame
                              Started PB Aug 9, 2010 then let 'stuff' get in the way
                              Back to start and make a fantastic 2012
                              Goal of Significant Weight Loss
                              15 pounds down! with more to go!

Comment

• -stripper shoes: see above
                                I wore stripper shoes with my wedding dress! I think the lucite heels were a nice alternative to the boring white satin shoes >=)
                                Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
                                Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
                                "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

Comment

Working...
                                X