• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PixieKitten View Post
    :O :O :O!
    Another bunspacer on MDA??
    My bunnies are so adding your bunny!!!
    woot! I'm a new bunny mom with the bunny arriving last November.

I was wondering what prompted new bunny buddy requests when I checked my phone in the middle of the night xDDDDDD Sweet Pea says Bonk.

Comment

• Ok, far to many cat and bunny stories . So, I need to represent the canine league.

I have a rescue Rotti that we have had for a bit over a year. My DH found him on a job site that he was working on. The poor guy was starving. Literally. He looked like those photoshop cards that you see where the dogs are big heads and bulgy eyes and their bodies are super skinny. You could see every bone in his body. But his feet ,however, are huge and fat and squishy!!! He weighed in at about 55 pounds when we rescued him and the vet estimated him being a year old or so. He is now 100+ pounds and eats like a horse!!!

He had some food issues when we first got him. So we really had to work with him on that. He also did not like to play inside because we have hardwood floors and they were slick. You see, he really liked to get into his play and would literally kick up his feet and prance like a baby horse. So, he would come into the house and pick up a toy and then run outside into the yard to play. He would do this over and over. Picking them up and taking them in and out. One day he was doing this and he was flying through the kitchen on his way out with a squeeker toy. I was standing in the kitchen trying to get out of the way of 80 pounds of flying muscle. When, quick as a wink, he spit out the toy and grabbed a brand new, never opened, loaf of bread off of the counter. Then he was out the door into the yard. He never broke stride.

I was like, STOP!!!! THIEF!!!!! between giggles as I chased him out into the yard. But it was too late. He had ripped open the bag and eaten the whole loaf. Total elapsed time, 45 seconds.

Sometimes when I get a craving, I think I could do the same thing....

heh heh

Comment

• Originally posted by spughy View Post
        Well, I forgot to mention the part about how I am now suspecting that he's not actually doing the hunting, but following the other kitties who live around here and picking up their leavings. Or else offering up sexual favours for birds or something. The last one appeared after I saw him following a big orange tom around. So I'm gonna hold off on the "my cat is an awesome hunter" until I see him bag something himself.
        hunter.....prostitute.......very similar occupations!
        Redflame
        Started PB Aug 9, 2010 then let 'stuff' get in the way
        Back to start and make a fantastic 2012
        Goal of Significant Weight Loss
        15 pounds down! with more to go!

Comment

• Today Gay Panda is 180 pounds flat.

The scale waffled between 179.8/180.0, and after further contemplation settled on 180. But in the amount of time that it took to think about it, I saw the 170s becoming very possible. A year ago today, the 170s were as much of a fantasy as my cubhood dream of turning into a Pegasus during recess so I wouldn’t have to go back to class.

After a drop on the scale, it is consistent for me to bounce back up a little. So I won’t be surprised if I’m heavier for another couple of days (or more) before the next drop occurs. But today I saw the scale consider 179.8, and that’s the next best thing to actually being 179.8.

I’m not shooting for the 137 pounds of panda that I was before. I don’t believe that it’s attainable, and with my tendency to perfectionism, I know that I would make myself crazy chasing it. So much in life is out of our control, and the weight our bodies decide to settle at is one of them. I set the bar very low for myself, hoping that one day I might cross 166. Yes, with a smaller frame I’ll still look like I have a little extra junk in the trunk, but Gay Panda doesn’t care. There is no comparison with 231. And maybe my body will poop out in the 170s, and I have to let that be okay, too.

My teenaged self is yelling take no prisoners and accept nothing but 137, but my teenaged self got upset about earning a 99.3% on an algebra test. I can’t be that panda any longer. It was miserable. Feeling like a failure when you’ve succeeded is ridiculous. Feeling like a failure over something you do not control is also ridiculous. I put the right foods in my body every day (with the occasional OOPS) and then I hand over the reins to my individual biochemistry. And instead of being frustrated with being so damn close to the 170s, which I was temporarily, now I am just grateful that it was even possible to be so damn close.

I have lost 51 pounds since my all-time High Score, and I’m glad that my body could do that. It’s never been fast, and sometimes not even steady, but it’s kept plugging away as long as I stay right on top of it. So I’ll keep tapping at the door to the 170s in the hopes that it will open, and maybe one day I’ll be tapping at the door to the 160s. If my body continues to whittle away to the 150s it would be incredible, but I don’t have emotional stock set in that. Teenaged Gay Panda was a vicious perfectionist and astonishingly cruel to the young panda self, and Adult Gay Panda has changed to good enough.
          JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

• oh Panda I'm doing the happy dance for you!! What a fantastic feeling to see such progress! You should be very proud of yourself!! I can't wait till I can say that I've lost 51 pounds!!! I've got a ways to go but I know that I can do it! You are an inspiration!!

{{{{hugs}}}} (swine flu free of course!!!)
            Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• Congrats, Panda! I know all to well about the self imposed perfectionism. At one point, I was aiming for my HS weight (110 lb), conveniently forgetting that I was underweight and had no figure to speak of back then. When I forced myself to recognize that, I "allowed" myself to bump it up to 115, and hope for 110. After running headlong into that wall for several months (and getting a couple concussions along the way,) I came up with the new " measure" of getting back to the size in clothing I was back then, a 4. Even while straining to get below 120 (ok, straining to get below 125 now), I went down to easily fitting into 2s.
              Much love to the Panda!
              Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Do you have Tescos in America?

If you don't, be happy, GP. You don't have this sort of temptation to take you back up from your new awesome weight!
                Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

Comment

• Nope, no Tescos, but we do have Walmart, which does the exact damn thing with every "candy" holiday (i.e. all of them.)
                  Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

• We don't have Tesco. But the easter candy section at my local Walgreens look just like this!!!

Comment

• and the isle STINKS! seriously!
                      Redflame
                      Started PB Aug 9, 2010 then let 'stuff' get in the way
                      Back to start and make a fantastic 2012
                      Goal of Significant Weight Loss
                      15 pounds down! with more to go!

Comment

• I've heard some strange things about walmart.. Do they really sell EVERYTHING?
                        Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

Comment

I've heard some strange things about walmart.. Do they really sell EVERYTHING?
                          So long as it's something most people want, yes. No sex toys, exotic spices, or nonstandard meats (mutton? grassfed cow? GTFO), but if it's an everyday essential or something most people would buy (tires, exercise equipment, clothes, bestsellers, usual food, etc.), yes.
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

• forget the candy, I want a bunny mask with ear sparkles!

Panda, CONGRATS on the weightloss! You're moving right along!
                            Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
                            Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
                            "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

Comment

• Thank you, everybody! I'm stunned to have gone down this far without running myself half to death and starving myself for the other half.

WHY HAVE I SPENT MY ENTIRE ADULT LIFE FAT AND SICK WHEN THERE WAS AN EASY SOLUTION ALL ALONG?!?!!? Ugh. If I'd been eating like this, would I ever have gotten fat in the first place?
                              Last edited by Gay Panda; 02-01-2012, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Do you have Tescos in America? If you don't, be happy, GP. You don't have this sort of temptation to take you back up from your new awesome weight!
                                * drool * Gay Panda WANTS those Cadbury Creme Eggs.

Comment

Working...
                                X