Today is the day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today is the day

I had been doing the primal eating for a few weeks but always seemed to be falling off the wagon on the weekend..then about 2 weeks ago I fell off the wagon in fine fashion..from alcohol and sugar..sugar is my main issue..I feel out of control a lot of the time.When I was doing primal before I was feeling great so I am not sure what happened.All that said..I am back from today.I finally bought the book and I am planning a 30 day challenge of 100% Primal..I thought the journal would be a good way to be accountable to myself..I did keep a written journal last time but that was just for me..if I have to post where everyone can see it then maybe I will keep on the right path.
    Breakfast:Spinach and Eggs with homemade aioli
    Lunch:Still trying to decide
    Dinner: Duck and Squash with salad
    This is the plan for today..
    Also a plan for a walk on the treadmill later

Mmmmm duck. Welcome!
    Depression Lies

Comment

Well,
      Managed the day quite well after all the sugar I have been killing myself with lately..decided to do the treadmill barefoot..MISTAKE!I have the biggest blister on the bottom of my foot...ach well...better to start with exercise..I think this is where I failed the last attempt at Primal..need to engage in the entire process..not sure how I will manage sprinting though..think this may be further down the line as I have a problem with my right hip..also a bit worried about the lifting..right shoulder problem(quite severe)..if anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate any advice

Comment

Thai duck actually..and thanks for the welcome!

Comment

Welcome and good luck with your 30 day challenge.

The duck sounds really good. Are you going to grill it? Or better yet, bbq.

I also think that keeping a journal here will help. If nothing else, you'll at least stay connected and aware and see what's going on. If what happened before happens again, this time you'll know exactly what happened, just look back at your journal, right?

Maybe just commit to writing a post here and paying attention to what's going on with your diet, body, energy, etc every day?
          Getting my Grok on in the Pacific Northwest.

"C is for cookie, that's good enough for me."
          "Cookie is a sometimes food."
          "Sometimes cookie monster eat APPLE instead of COOKIE. Sometimes eat CARROT."
          -Cookie Monster, partially reformed sugarholic

"

Comment

I made the duck with all the thai spices and cooked it slowly in broth..added coconut milk and butternut squash..was good but I prefer to make the duck confit...sitting overnight with garlic,thyme and sea salt and then cooking for a really long time in duck fat..it can then be saved in the fat for when you want to use it.The duck of today was fine though.
            I think you raise some very good points Candyland and all the right reasons for keeping the journal..the best way to figure out when something is going right or wrong..I am happy today is almost over and I am over with the first day back and it wasn't that difficult..no real cravings for sugar and only thought about bread once really..rock on day 2!

Comment

Originally posted by anjelevil View Post
              Well,
              Managed the day quite well after all the sugar I have been killing myself with lately..decided to do the treadmill barefoot..MISTAKE!I have the biggest blister on the bottom of my foot...ach well...better to start with exercise..I think this is where I failed the last attempt at Primal..need to engage in the entire process..not sure how I will manage sprinting though..think this may be further down the line as I have a problem with my right hip..also a bit worried about the lifting..right shoulder problem(quite severe)..if anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate any advice
              Long term, sprints and lifting are important. But right now, you need to heal your body. Keep active, walk, swim avoid sitting very long. Fitness is 80% diet.
              Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Comment

Originally posted by anjelevil View Post
                I prefer to make the duck confit...sitting overnight with garlic,thyme and sea salt and then cooking for a really long time in duck fat..
                Yum, yum, yum!!

Sounds like you are off to a good start. I've just started a journal too for some accountability over the next few weeks and already on day 1 it has worked!

Best of luck for day 3 and beyond!
                Finally uncovering the real me!

My 'Serious Six' journal.

Comment

Originally posted by Hedonist View Post
                  Long term, sprints and lifting are important. But right now, you need to heal your body. Keep active, walk, swim avoid sitting very long. Fitness is 80% diet.
                  Thanks for that Hedonist

Comment

Here we are today at day two..feeling ok but a bit tired and last night I couldn't get myself warm..had a few drops of oil of oregano today just in case I was coming down with a cold...I am also a bit agitated today but not sure if that's the lack of sugar or if it's b/c my period is starting..probably a bit of both.
                    Today I had eggs and spinach for breakfast
                    Made a lovely lamb stew for lunch with carrots and squash(had some to use up)
                    Tonight I have ribs I have been marinating that I am going to cook in the oven and serve with lots of greenery
                    started back on the couch to 5k..first run again in a long time..was really good..hip is very sore but seems to be holding up ok..makes me happy as I have been missing the running since I stopped last year this time
                    Happy to be ok in day 2.I slept better last night then I have in the past weeks of binging..seeing as it's the first night I am impressed...I think it had something to do with the treadmill as well..would be really happy to get through the 30 days without weighing myself..and the reward for the end of the month is to get my hair done..it needs to be done now but will leave it for the month as a way to work towards something
                    Last edited by anjelevil; 08-30-2011, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Ok,
                      It's day 3 and all is well in the land of primal..the flu has not been so bad other than being congested and a bit tired and really cold at night..short temper as well but that's how I am at times(sugar times especially)!
                      I was very pleased when reading the book yesterday(I finally bought it)to learn a few things I thought were off limits are actually ok in moderation..unfortunately..I won't be able to go near them as they are all trigger foods and for me it has to be all or nothing..last year when I lost 3 stone it was from low carb,no fruit or sugar as well as running 3 times a week in training for a 10k...I think for the time being I can't have fruit either as I think it's another trigger food for me..doesn't matter if its berries..it gets me going into sugar mode and this is always my downfall.
                      I am also trying to keep my carbs on the very low side for at least this first week.I am also doing the couch to 5k which is running every other day and then in a few weeks time I will get into the lifting stuff..hopefully by then my shoulder will be feeling better..my hope is that by finally eliminating all of the grains and sugar will help with the inflammation of joints.
                      Today
                      Breakfast:3 egg omelette,spinach,salad and some spicy avocado
                      Lunch: no lunch..not hungry anyway
                      Dinner:lamb stew and salad
                      Ate dinner early and have a very sad/exciting day tomorrow as my only child is starting school..
                      Last edited by anjelevil; 08-31-2011, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Day 3(Primal)Day 2(couch to 5k)
                        Well..today is a good day thus far..still having heaps of problems with my hip but soldiering through and doing c-5k..it needs to be done and part of the issue is the weight bothering the hip..love being back in the running..makes me feel so good and helps with the odd bit of cravings as well..also have been taking one dose of oil of oregano for the sugar as well and it seems to be doing it's trick
                        Breakfast:3 eggs and spinach
                        Lunch..I actually did veggie today..was really nice..spicy spinach with coconut milk and hemp seeds and leftover butternut squash and carrots
                        Dinner..thinking organic mince,chilli,basil,garlic and shredded carrots+salad.
                        Dinner was as it was but I must say..after running and being on the go all day..the lunch didn't really cut it for me..by the time I had dinner 5 hours later..I was starving..not so sure how often I would do a veggie lunch(and I was a veg for 18 years!)
                        Last edited by anjelevil; 09-01-2011, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Well..here we are at day 4 and I am happy to say it's been an easy day without any sugar pangs...my work situation will be changing over the coming weeks and I think it will be easier to maintain things then it has been the last time I tried this a few weeks back.
                          Breakfast:3 eggs and spinach and today with some goat cheese
                          Lunch: Organic salad with leftover beef from last night and a bit more goat cheese
                          Dinner: curried chicken and spicy spinach and leftover squash
                          I have been far better off this time without the fruit..for me I think this is the key in the first stages to fend off the sugar cravings
                          Tomorrow is day 3 of couch to 5k..excited and can't wait!

Comment

Ok..Day 5 Primal and should be day 3 of Cto5k..I am soooooooo tired today I can barely keep my eyes open..not sure if this is the start of a carb flu but I feel not so well..yesterday I thought I was on the verge of a sinus cold and it has morphed into this drugged out feeling of pure exhaustion.So..today,instead of doing day 3 of couch to 5k..I am going to listen to my body and rest as much as I can.
                            Breakfast:the usual 3 egg omelette with spinach and a last bit of goat cheese
                            Lunch was a small piece of pork belly and spinach done in coconut,chillies and cumin
                            Dinner..had a big shop at the market today and got a lot of lovely meats so one of these will do if I can get it together enough to actually cook

Comment

Sounds like I am in the same boat as you. Good luck staying on the wagon. It's a challenge I battle everyday as well....sugar being my biggest culprit.

Comment

Working...
                              X