Today is the day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
    You are not allowed to feel unwell. NOT ALLOWED! I hope that it passes by tomorrow. Yuck!
    Thanks GayPanda!Better to be ill and not eating then feeling well and gorging on shite..at least it may be a pound or 2 lost!

Comment

Day 16..feeling a bit better in the guts department today but came down with a blinding headache this afternoon..I don't think I have ever had a headache like that in my life(unless it was the day after too much red wine!)
      Today I ate as I had little energy..could feel the lack of food for the last few days..a bit dreary in the head.
      Breakfast was 2 eggs,spinach,bacon and goat cheese
      Lunch was a salad with chicken, tomatoes,bacon,peppers and mayo
      Dinner is a pork curry with mashed turnips and courgettes
      Hoping to get back on the running tomorrow if the head and the rest feel 100%

Comment

Day 17
        This day kilo keeps coming on and going off..starting to get a bit pissed with it..at least I can say that it looks like I have lost at least 8 inches thus far..haven't done all the measurements yet...with that there has been 5 kg's thus far.Not bad for 17 days in.
        Today is a stressful day with work and I am having to go back for a few hours tonight.
        Breakfast: 2 eggs, spinach and goat cheese(needed a bacon break)
        Lunch was leftover dinner from last night without the turnips
        Dinner probably more leftovers
        Running is off until the weekend but I am getting my exercise in as I work in a very hectic place and run all day long

Comment

anjelevil, I spent almost the entire month of August losing and regaining the same damn pound. I was so frustrated. The only thing that kept me sane was taking my measurements every week! I showed a loss there every single time, even if the scale wasn't budging. Boo to stress at work!
          JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

Thanks Panda..just a stressful time with job for the mo..this will go back to normal soonish.That kg seems to have moved this morning down 1.5kg today..surely it will come back again..the main thing is to feel better and to know the path is the right one,especially when it's not one to share with most people as they all think we are mad!

Comment

Day 18
              Wow!I have cut down on my breakfast this week from 3 eggs to 2..It's now 1 pm and I am starving,not normal for me.Have to increase again I think
              Happy it's Friday today!
              Breakfast 2 eggs, pancetta and spinach
              Lunch: chicken and goat cheese and beet root salad
              Dinner.turned into pork belly and turnips,turnips were not eatable from a huge amount of stick like fibres that I couldn't get past.Not sure why that happens with turnips sometimes..as a result..just pork belly
              I must say..I am a sugar fanatic and earlier in the week I had dark chocolate and it did not set me off on a mad sugar quest to devour the entire land of all it's sugar consumables..primal must really be working cause I have no cravings at all!
              Hoping to start back to the running on Sunday..been far to busy a week this week
              Last edited by anjelevil; 09-16-2011, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Feels nice to have control of the cravings doesn't it?!

Comment

I've got to say, I don't know that you're doing yourself any favors weighing in every day. You're obsessing over a 1kg fluctuation which is a perfectly normal range to vary across the day just due to how much food (and poop) is in your gut, how hydrated you are, whether you are retaining or shedding water, etc. If I were you I would cut way back on scale measurements, maybe to once a week or something, which will give you a less noisy (therefore more accurate) and much less stressful may to keep track. Keeping your stress low is important too!
                  Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Comment

Day 19..happy to have a day to chillax..man,I am so wrecked from work this week.
                    Breakfast :steak and raw grated carrot
                    Snacking on tamari almonds(wheat free and made by me) and some goat cheese and leftover pork
                    Dinner 2 coconut flour pancakes with grade a organic maple syrup from my homeland of Canada.I'm not so sure how I feel about the pancakes..they are REALLY heavy and I'm not sure I like the flavour so much.I think I will try and cook with the flour from a savoury perspective next and see if it's any better.
                    I also managed to eat 1 100 grams of 85% dark chocolate..think next time I go for chocolate I am going to try for even higher percentage
                    It's the first week done of the vipassana meditation and I have really appreciated this time so very much.I look forward to seeing how the practice develops over the coming months.I have also booked a trip to Edinburgh next month for a few days.Looking forward to that a great deal.It will be nice to reconnect with friends and one of the best cities in Scotland

Comment

Originally posted by Uncephalized View Post
                      I've got to say, I don't know that you're doing yourself any favors weighing in every day. You're obsessing over a 1kg fluctuation which is a perfectly normal range to vary across the day just due to how much food (and poop) is in your gut, how hydrated you are, whether you are retaining or shedding water, etc. If I were you I would cut way back on scale measurements, maybe to once a week or something, which will give you a less noisy (therefore more accurate) and much less stressful may to keep track. Keeping your stress low is important too!
                      A lot of people weigh themselves everyday..this does not cause me any stress at all,thanks for your thoughts all the same

Comment

Originally posted by Libre27 View Post
                        Feels nice to have control of the cravings doesn't it?!
                        Fantastic!Thanks for the post..keep up the good work..btw..did you decide to take the antibiotics after all?

Comment

Originally posted by anjelevil View Post
                          Fantastic!Thanks for the post..keep up the good work..btw..did you decide to take the antibiotics after all?
                          Unfortunately yes. I hate antibiotics, but I think it's best to give them a shot in the short-term with hopes that I can battle off the ensuing candida issues if I stay diligent with my primal diet and probiotics. Thanks for asking!

Comment

Day 20..hard to believe that tomorrow is 3 weeks in..time has flown by.
                            Today was a lazy Sunday..just as I like em..chilled out,watched 30 rock,cooked and laundry.
                            Breakfast 2 eggs, pancetta, spinach and stilton(stilton does not taste as nice as it used to taste)
                            Lunch 2 coconut pancakes with almond butter and strawberry jam(no sugar or sweeteners just fruit and juice concentrate..it's french)
                            Dinner..have been grazing on roasted chicken this afternoon/early eve.
                            think I need to tighten up a bit over this last week and see where I can come out at the end of the 30 day challenge..only 9 days to go..planing to try this for 90 days (with a small break in October for my b'day)So..90 days at as close to 100% that I can make it.Right now I am eating goat cheese(it doesn't bother me)I am thinking I may have a problem with coconut flour..not sure but it seems to make my stomach make a gurgling noise and this usually happens when something is not quite right.The break in October will be a wine break.Along with Primal I am trying to be alcohol free.So far I have managed about 22 days.

Comment

Day 21..I have a new lover..carrot rosti!My my my..who knew something could be so damn good!
                              Still suffering this damn shoulder problem so there is no running again tonight..aiming for sometime this week and will have to settle tonight with stretches and maybe a spot of yoga after meditation.
                              I am also aiming this week to not weigh again until next Monday.A week in between should suffice..see how it is to only do it like this..a test to see if I can..let's see.
                              Breakfast(after 14 hours in between meals)
                              2 eggs, pancetta and spinach
                              Dinner(10 hours after breakfast) carrot rosti and lamb kad pro keow(minced lamb with chillies,fish sauce,wheat free tamari,garlic,basil and onions)
                              Easy day.Finished work early and having a relaxed night tonight

Comment

Day 22..Here we are again.Today was a fine day..shoulder still a pain..was quite severe today,enough to warrant painkillers or I wasn't going to be able to work.
                                Last night I had a hard time getting to sleep and then didn't sleep so well..lots of weird dreams.
                                My skin is not looking the best and I am wondering if that's the toxins coming out through the skin from not having grains..
                                Breakfast (14 hours after dinner last night) the usual
                                Dinner (11 hours after breakfast) amazing curry of pork and paneer with carrots and mashed turnips.
                                Was great!A bit perturbed by the lack of exercise but with the shoulder even walking distance is bothering it..need to just rest..stretch and repeat

Comment

Working...
                                X