Today is the day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok..here we are at Day 6..and day 3 of Couch to 5k
    I feel much less tired today in comparison to yesterday..also had a sore head at the end of the day but I think that was staring at a computer screen for too long..will not make the same mistake today!I did cave in last night and had some dark chocolate..not a big deal for some but can often mean a downward spiral for me..let's hope not..I feel no desire for chocolate today..think I was just so bloody tired yesterday that it was the only way up.
    Sunday is cooking day for me..I like to be prepared for the entire week so as not to be left with nothing to eat and falling off the primal wagon.So happy to make it here to day 6 with being 98% on my 30 day challenge..the 2% has been goat's cheese(but I am quite sure I have no dairy issue from goat..rarely would I eat cow other than in the form of a really good blue cheese..and that usually involves red wine and I am off that for at least 30 days).
    Today I should be butchering a chicken(not from live just taking the whole bird and cutting it down into portions)marinating it in some thai spices,chopping up a lamb shoulder and making a lamb stew with carrots,squash and Moroccan spices (but no dried fruit).I also have a small amount of ribeye roast that I may roast off and have some beef for breakfast this week..getting a bit tired of eggs everyday.

Breakfast: eggs and spinach
    Lunch : didn't manage to get lunch so just before my run I had a nakd bar and some roasted cashews
    Dinner:lemon and thyme roasted chicken and leftover cauliflower"mash"
    Run went well and I took 45 secs off my 1 mile point..makes me very happy..was hard but good and all of that in 3 days back on couch25k
    Last edited by anjelevil; 09-04-2011, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Today is day 7..the end of the first week of primal and unlike the last time I did the first week,I haven't slipped up this time around..I am very happy to have made it here and have lost exactly 4kgs for my week of not hard work..hoping this week will be even easier than the last and I think it will be..however,I was on holidays last week so now with the challenge of heading back to work things might be a bit more tricky.
      Today,I was up at 6 am after being in bed for about 8.5 hours..good sleep but could have been a bit longer
      Breakfast: crispy pancetta,3 eggs and spinach 1 cup of green tea(I always have green tea..but haven't been posting this)
      Lunch will be difficult so hoping to maybe be able to skip it..if not I have some roasted cashews in my bag that could help
      Dinner is beef and cauliflower.
      Managed a fast today from 730 until 430..was fine..a bit cloudy towards the end but not a ravenous I am going to die feeling..was great.
      Last edited by anjelevil; 09-05-2011, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Here we are at day 8..it was a good day today and no sugar cravings to speak of..very impressed..I am feeling very motivated to keep going.I am weighing myself everyday and it says today I have gone down 1 more kg..this makes 5kg in total..I am not hungry..sleeping well..hope there is no issue with the quick loss and assuming it will all level itself off soon.I am in very low carbs and have been if'ing 3 times since I started..we shall see
        No time for couch to 5k today but did lots of outside walking as well as running around for work.Back to c5k from thursday.
        Breakfast today was pancetta, 3 eggs, spinach and goat cheese
        Lunch: late snack of nakd bar 35 grams(dates,cocoa powder,cashews and orange)
        Dinner: spicy thai chicken with squash, parsnip, carrots, cauliflower

Comment

Day 9 primal and week 2 day 1 of c25k
          Couch to 5 k was amazing today..wasn't planning the run but did it anyway..managed to take another 30 sec of last run on my 1 mile mark..wohoo!I had planned to repeat week one of the training but moved on to week 2.90 sec of run and 60 if walk..was quite an easy transition. I am also 2 days without painkillers for my hip..normally taking 2 per day of ibuprofen..I have run without them today so will have to see how it is tomorrow..fingers crossed I can do without as they make me feel awful.I think I can put this down to primal as the swelling in the joints must be going down.
          Breakfast 3 eggs,spinach,pancetta and goat cheese(730)
          Lunch was small salad with chicken (230)
          Dinner lamb stew with parsnips and carrots (730)
          Today I was unable to go a full 8 hours in between food and as a result this is why I was able to run.I don't really feel like dinner now but I am going to eat or I will be very hungry later on and I don't sleep well if I eat just before bed.
          All in all it was a great day today..no thoughts of sugar and def no thoughts of grains or pangs of sadness about not having them.
          How exciting..looks like I have just become a member..go me!!!

Comment

Day 10 of the 30 day challenge and I am 1/3 of the way there.
            Today was a good day..long but good.Very busy times coming up with work and recovering from a treadmill incident last night..was very funny but wrenched my back as a result.I am on day 3 of no pain killers and really pleased with that.I took some devil's claw last night but that was all.Seems to have done the trick for today.
            Breakfast: 3 eggs, pancetta, cabbage greens and goat cheese
            Lunch : salad with chicken, a few sundried tomatoes and mayo
            Dinner :thai chicken with squash and parsnips
            Feel well..the 1 kg I lost seems to be going up and down so in total so far I have lost 4.5 kg.Not so bad for 10 days.

Comment

Primal Day 11, c25k week 2 day 2
              So,
              Had a great run this time but was a bit of a struggle towards the last 1.5 min run..I managed to get through and happy to have done so...nothing feels as good as running and for someone who has never really exercised much it's good to have something you enjoy doing..I also took another 30 seconds off my mile time..not bad for 2nd week in.I also ran during an if..maybe why it was a bit of a struggle
              Breakfast :3 eggs, pancetta, spinach and goat cheese
              Lunch i.f (fasted from 730 1730)
              Dinner leftover lamb stew and cauliflower mash
              I think I may be hungry later but will see how it goes.
              So happy it's FRIDAY!!!!

Comment

Day 12..today was a good day..I had breakfast and have managed again to go almost 10 hours without food again..amazing how easy this if has become..never thought it would be possible to skip meals..now I do it almost every day..or every other day..I love it..don't feel totally dependant on getting a meal.
                Breakfast: 3 eggs, spinach, pancetta
                Lunch : no lunch
                Dinner: soon will have dinner (early) steak and veggies
                Very sad to learn that my organic farmer has given up and sold his farm(as a result of the current market)and I now have to go elsewhere..not able to get organic but everything is outdoor,grass fed..still not the same..his meat was to die for!

Comment

An unfortunate sign that not enough folks are willing to pay extra for higher quality foods!

Comment

Day 13..last night I started my 3 month meditation course and it helped to make me sleep very deeply.Looking forward to this time everyday
                    I am exhausted today and have spent most of the time in my warm bed..grey outside and rainy.It should have been day 3 week 2 of c25k but gave it a miss as I was too tired.
                    Breakfast :2 eggs and 2 slices of smoked bacon
                    Lunch :roasted free range chicken
                    Dinner: small piece of sirloin

Comment

Originally posted by Libre27 View Post
                      An unfortunate sign that not enough folks are willing to pay extra for higher quality foods!
                      Yes..very very sad..luckily here in the UK it's quite easy to come across good quality organic meats.

Comment

Day 14..today is the end of 2 weeks of the 30 day challenge..I went out and got some really good dark chocolate to celebrate and amazingly I haven't eaten the entire block..I had it with some pure coconut shreds..lovely treat.I hope that it doesn't start a downfall but I think I am fine..feel great anyway and that's all that matters.
                        Breakfast : 2 eggs, 2 slices bacon and spinach
                        No lunch but a small snack of coconut and dark chocolate
                        Dinner :chicken and mashed turnip I think.
                        I was able to source beef drippings today (let's see how that is) as well as a butcher where I can get marrow bones..will be picking them up on Wednesday..think I am skipping the run again today as my hip is sore from the last run on Friday..I did walk for about 20 mins carrying very heavy bags today so we will call that my heavy lifting for now.
                        I am noticing that my night meditation is producing a very heavy sleep and for that I am very pleased.

Comment

So I have been feeling really unwell tonight and the only thing I can put it own to is the organic dark chocolate I ate..I feel AWFUL!!!I couldn't eat dinner tonight..the chocolate keeps repeating on me..not in a heartburn way but just a sitting there in my gut kind of way..it's a sad day when you come to learn that dark chocolate is not going to work..at least I get to if for dinner tonight as a result!

Comment

Day 15 and I feel rotten!Had a fine sleep last night but feeling really unwell..upset stomach and a general feeling of blah.So I am going to try and lay off the coffee and use this day to eat really light.As I don't normally eat fruit I am having berries for breakfast as well as a few almonds and maybe some coconut oil.Fast for lunch and maybe dinner as well..no running again today as I am sure my energy will be low.Let's see how the day goes and hope this feeling of shite passes soon!

Comment

So..unwell feeling has not passed today..feeling rotten and had a very hectic shift at work.
                              Breakfast was some blueberries and almonds
                              Lunch was a small cup of soup
                              Dinner a few more almonds
                              Hopefully all will be better tomorrow

Comment

You are not allowed to feel unwell. NOT ALLOWED! I hope that it passes by tomorrow. Yuck!
                                JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

Working...
                                X