No announcement yet.

The Chocoholic's Primal Road

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice. Have you ever walked to Trader Joe's?

I wish I had a park trail close by to where I live, but sadly that is not the case and I don't want to trouble myself with the parking at those trails. That must be really relaxing to do on the weekend - do you walk with your kids?

So glad you had a good time at Disneyland and your kids enjoyed it too I'm sure they will remember that for a long time!
    My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

• Thanks for that! I'm experimenting with my macronutrients at the moment, but am just not getting anywhere. I'd like to lean out basically. I have a wedding to attend in a few weeks time and the black pants I bought four or so years back that I'd like to wear no longer fit me. I paid a lot of money for them as they are a designer brand, and I get the guilts every time I see them in my wardrobe as I have only worn them once! Anyhow, last night I scarfed pretty much an entire chicken, skin and all, with broccoli and a heap of salad, so I can put that down to a low carbohydrate, high fat and high protein meal. Gosh I felt like a glutton afterwards. But I've been eating that way for a while now with no results. Maybe it is time to up the carbs and decrease the fat.

Like you and Julia, I LOVE walking. I went on a two hour walk this morning, and I've just come back from a 1.5 hour walk to the supermarket where I purposely took the long way there and back. I'd like to walk to the library now, which should take me around an hour. Walking is so therapeutic and good for the soul, plus it is nice to be outdoors even if the weather is getting colder here as winter approaches.

Comment

• Orange - Hehe, I am totally the same in supermarkets! I love them to death. I will walk to them, walk in them, and walk from market to market. I am pretty sure all the people working at the 6-10 that I visit regularly know exactly who I am. Amen to walking

Do you have an idea of your BF%? I would be curious to know how difficult it would be for you to lean out considering how low in fat you are already.

Comment

• Some other observations:

- I should stop calisthenics on evenings. I do not eat enough in the evenings after workouts (and I don't want to) and it screws up my sleep.
          - No more bagels with cream cheese. Every time I eat them, I gain a lb on the scale and it takes a couple days to clear. Not like cookies, which have no effect or take only a day to clear.

Comment

• Yup! Do you even get the supermarket cashiers commenting on your grocery purchases because you have become such a familiar face to them? I always cop comments like 'Oh, no salmon today?'. It's like they have memorised my typical trolley contents, makes me laugh!!!

I have NO idea what my body fat percentage is. I'm assuming I need to know how much I weigh to calculate that? To be honest, I don't know how much I weigh at the moment. I'm too scared to step on the scale as I reckon the number staring back at me will just disappoint me. I've been eating like a horse lately due to my work dramas. So ignorance is bliss for me on that front. All I know is that I don't fit into half my clothes anymore (like the already mentioned designer pants... sob!), so I take that as I sign that I could do with leaning out a bit. Last night, I tried another low carbohydrate, high protein and high fat meal but it still didn't fill me up and I kept going back for more and more food. So, I've decided to really shake things up by dialing down the fat and increasing the carbohydrates.

I can't work out in the evenings, I need to get exercise out of the way first thing in the morning, otherwise I talk myself out of it. How long have you been doing calisthenics for?

Comment

• I walk to Trader Joe's all the time from home! I even have one of those small lame granny carts that I pull behind me because I KNOW I will buy more than I went for. HAHAHAHA!

I generally don't bring the kids with me on my walks, as that's generally all "me time", but yesterday, the Old One and I went TWICE because we saw some cotton tail rabbits. First time seeing rabbits in that area in FORTY-SEVEN YEARS. Seriously, not once before yesterday. AND I AM THERE ALL THE TIME. Seriously, all the time.

Of course Almost 14 thought we'd be able to catch one and bring it home... Ha ha, cute.. but, um, NO. They're too fast. But it was nice to get him out of the house and back to the place I love. We used to go all the time when he was a little younger to catch lizards, then to fish, but with them draining the ponds and since filling them up again, no fish. Boo.

I hear you on the bagels.... but boy are they delicious. Sometimes worth the extra pound of bloat, but most times just annoying. Annoyingly delicious!

Julia

Comment

• Orange:
                Ha, yeah my supermarkets' cashiers always comment on my small snacks. I purchase in like $.50-3.00 increments so that I don't go overboard at my desk. Do you know what you have is more muscle or fat? In my experience to lean out I've done much better on high carb and moderate protein, despite all the talk around here to eat more meat. I've been doing calisthenics for about a half year now and I like the workout schedule much better, and I don't have to deal with the starving feeling half an hour after weightlifting workouts.

Julia:
                I know what you mean by TJ's, especially their snacks. Which TJ's do you visit? Every time I go, there are super long lines and I get put off because I always just want to buy one or two snacks. Half the time, I just give up and at least my time was compensated by that coffee sample. Speaking of rabbits, I saw one by my car the other day! I thought it was a runaway rabbit...but maybe it's from the wild? Bunnies are so cute; this is one way that I wish Bay Area were more like Seattle. Yeah, I really love bagels, especially the really sweet ones. I've developed my sweet tooth a lot more since I gave up chocolate...I've expanded to almost everything else now!

Comment

• I have never before been so convinced in my life that chocolate is so not worth it. I just don't want it and I'm at the point where I'm making myself eat it to get rid of all I have left. I might be off chocolate permanently after this week. Except the occasional chocolate cake, lol

Edit: Time to change the name of this journal!
                  Last edited by sakura_girl; 04-21-2016, 11:39 PM.

Comment

• I think honey is worsening allergies. Backpedalling now before it does too much damage to my weight.

Comment

• Or maybe it's tomatoes. I've gained 4 lbs from average calories lately? Perhaps it may also be related to the weather.

Comment

• Been a "good" few days for pollen at my house. Could just be that.

I do notice some additive effects. Pollen season plus red wine or dark beer or dogs and cats usually makes me stuffy with itchy eyes.
                        https://instagram.com/dinnerwithek/

Comment

• Yes! I am already pretty sensitive to all of those, so pollen added into the mix just makes my weight jump up like crazy

Comment

• Going through my summer weight gain. Ugh, I hate this period. I always feel so bloated, and it's harder to scale back my calories from my winter months.

Another note: I think stroopwafels are contributing mostly to my weight gain. No more stroopwafels, though I have a huge bag
                            Last edited by sakura_girl; 06-28-2016, 10:22 PM.

Comment

• I hear you, I hear you.

I had to google stroopwafel... good god, I'm glad I've never heard of them! Very, very dangerous.

We recently went through a major family tradgedy, which the after-effects seem to come and go in tidal waves... yesterday was a monsoon of emotion for whatever reason, and I ate NINE Costco cookies. You know, the delicious ones that they bake there and have in the clamshell packages over by the bakery? The chocolate chip, oatmeal rasin and white chunk macadamia ones? Yep, those. NINE of them. One right after the other. Tasted really good and I didn't feel like shit afterwards, so I'll consider it a win, but still, NINE.

Mother has to tighten the buttocks and get her game face back on or be 400lbs by the time summer is over.

WE CAN DO IT TOGETHER

Julia

Comment

• I don't blame you, those Costco cookies are absolutely delicious, and every single flavor at that. I'm guilty of eating multiples of them in one sitting; you're not alone! haha...

I'm really sorry to hear about your tragedy May love and peace be with you through this difficult time. Hope the family is getting through ok, esp. with the kids.

Comment

Working...
                                X