No announcement yet.

The Chocoholic's Primal Road

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, for some reason I read that as your arms being TOO muscular, which is sort of how I view my arms. Haha. Doesn't help there is also some fat on top of those muscles, but I am working on that.

I have tried to ship cookies before and they turned out to be $30-40 shipping with UPS. I think it's better to just give it away locally. You can clean out your pantry and then give away a bunch of food at once by posting under the for free section on CL. Maybe someone will come by to pick it up? I am sure that would make someone's thanksgiving!
    JOURNAL..
    @BabesWithBBQ.
    Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog.
    Professional Style Website.
    #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

• Haha I was kidding about that xD. But that is a ridiculous fee for shipping cookies...I remember shipping cookies to my family once and I paid $5? Not sure how it got so expensive O.O

Yes, underarm fat is so fun to deal with
      My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

• *yawn*

Edit: did my annual measurements. Man, I am weak and flabby now haha. Also I am way paranoid about long-term injuries.
        Last edited by sakura_girl; 12-11-2015, 08:56 PM.

Comment

• I have been least primal my last 2 out of all 4.5 years on the site, and I have gotten back down to normal weight. Must be some other factor than food affecting weight loss. I am enjoying my gluten-ridden snacks and foods now!

Comment

• Having a difficult time breaking below 120. Hoping to be there soon! According to my bathroom scale my bf% is 22% which is terrible lol.

Also I went to the gym and did a bunch of bodyweight exercises, which I have stopped doin regularly due to hip pain. Used some exercises to improve posture which have been great. No shoulder pain at all now and my hips only hurt if I'm wearing heels all day. My hammies are sore though

Comment

• Woop, woop, hit 116 lbs! And that is with eating a plethora of wheat every day. I might not actually be healthy, but at least I feel that way. I am making this proof that diet is only part of the equation for weight loss.

Comment

• Yeah! That's fantastic! Congrats!

I too am finally finding that diet is only part of the equation as well.

Now, are you working out like a maniac as well, or just normal type?

Julia

Comment

• Thanks!

I am working out a lot less, actually. I do a good bit of walking; I average 10,000 steps/day on a weekly basis. But I go to the gym for about 30-60 minutes 1x/week, and half of that time is foam rolling.

What about you? I haven't talked with you in a while

Comment

• Well done Sakura_girl!

Dare I ask if you have been aiming for a specific number of calories or macro-nutrient (fat/protein/carbohydrate) amounts to achieve this weight loss?

How about chocolate? ;-)

How do your joints feel with the wheat intake?
                    Last edited by Orange; 04-01-2016, 01:00 AM.

Comment

• Hey cool!

Yeah, I walk about 45 miles a week, but I have been slacking with regard to the gym..

Good to hear you haven't been busting your ass to get to 116!

I'm interested in your response to Orange!

Not much going on in San Jose. Was doing really well food wise for about 3 months, then took the kids
                      on a quick vacation and all hell broke loose. Trying to get back on the wagon but POCKY is my new
                      vice. Love it. And it doesn't help that they have flats of it at Costco. Jerks. Of course they put a gun to
                      my head to make me buy 4 boxes at a time, right? RIGHT!

Julia

Comment

• Thanks, Orange! I see you have changed your profile pic since I was last lurking

I have not been aiming specifically on anything, but have been tracking calories and macros pretty diligently on chronometer. I find that I feel best on g's protein and fat around 50-60 and g's carbs around 150-250. This is roughly 1500 calories. I find that my weight on the scale starts to spike when g's fat is higher than g's protein. Overall, in this regard, chocolate has been cancelling out the lean protein I consume, but when chocolate gets too high, my weight starts going up and I just feel not as good.

Joints feel the same, more or less. I found out that my hip issues were surrounding poor footwear. I had been experimenting with different brands of high heels, and other brands from what I was using do not result in hip issues, despite being in them >10 hours/day. So now the pain has gone away for the most part, and I feel that my rotator cuff is not giving me as many issues as before, perhaps due to previous exacerbation stemming from more routine exercise.

Comment

• Julia - that sounds like great exercise! How are the kids?

Ha, I know what you mean. I've actually been getting screwed over by Costco myself. I have gotten into chocolate-covered European cookies, and Costco has those 2-lb packages. So I have been gorging on those for a couple months! I wish they would stop producing them, but then I would just go to Whole Foods or World Market and get some anyway. I am in the midst of a vicious cycle

Comment

• Yep, I LOVE walking. Like, want to marry it Love Walking.

My boss is gone all next week and I will be able to sneak away and go for MOAR WALKS during
                            the day around the Guadalupe Park paved trails, over here by the SAP center. Lotsa homeless people
                            hangin' out, but most are decent. I have to seriously avoid the crazy "screaming at nothing" ones though.

Kids are great! I surprised them last week with a trip to Disneyland. Their very first time going. Woke them
                            up, told them to get ready for school, and then when we were about to leave I said "Boys, we're not going to school,
                            we're driving to Disneyland instead!". They were both in COMPLETE SHOCK. They know mama don't like no Disneyland and
                            I've been telling them since birth that the only way they'd ever go there was if they took THEIR OWN CHILDREN. Hahaha! Whatta bitch!

Anyway, we went, and had the BEST TIME EVER!!! Yeah!

Comment

• Wow, what is the typical route you take down that way on the trail? Do you usually take walks around there all day? That's an awesome schedule!

Aww, that sounds like a great family trip Was that for spring break? How did they like the park? I bet you did a lot of walking then as well ;D Favorite rides?

Comment

• My building is on Santa Clara Street, next to the DeAnza, so I typically walk down towards SAP, turn right
                                at the tennis courts, then I meander down to the next section of the trail, loop around there, then turn right and
                                cruise around down by SAP and the park there with the carousel, then there by the creek and all my feral cat
                                friends, then go back the same way. Today was extra long at 45 minutes (ha ha!) but usually I can only take ONE
                                20 minute walk a day.

My Mega Walks on the weekends are usually spend on the Los Gatos Creek trail, but down on the crunchy-crunchy dirt part down there by all the perc ponds. Usually 1.5 to 2.0 hours a day there Saturday and Sunday. Been going there since I was 6. I remember when all those perc ponds were orchards! Pretty cool.

The kids' spring break isn't until this coming week, but I wanted to get a jump on the crowds, so that's why I pulled them out last week. It was still packed, but we still only had to wait 45 min max for the rides, not too bad. And yes, lots of steps!

I think the new Cars ride was my favorite... and the Indiana Jones one... Haunted house is always great, and Pirates of the Caribbean was fun too. We went on this one ride over on the California Adventure side, some big round water raft thing that sat 8 people. Wasn't exactly scary or anything, but I got absolutely SOPPING WET. Like, if you patted my back it would make a slapping noise. Not so fun at 10AM, but I grew a pair and owned it. HAR!

Kids loved the park and had a great time. I was thanked profusely for 5 days straight. Very cute.

Comment

Working...
                                X